Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS*50 with BC Coilovers help me with some pics!

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-16, 04:28 AM
bajandrift
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS*50 with BC Coilovers help me with some pics!

hey, ive been searching all morning without any joy. im installing a set of bc coilovers to my is250 soon. would any of you be able to post some pics of your car's drop and just say the measurements. something like pic then front mm rear mm

I just want a rough idea so I don't have to put the wheels on and off to find my ideal drop, im not looking to go slammed or anything I just want the get rid of the wheel gap and improve the stance of my car and I got a good deal on a set of bc coils.
Old 05-07-16, 11:35 AM
drwafk
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This doesnt really exist and would be a chore for people to do. Heres what you need to do. Set the preload on the coilover, they dont come properly pre-loaded as the instructions say. Its easy, just google it. Adjust the lower/threaded part of the coilover to marry up with the height of the strut you are replacing (not always do-able as you'll need to adjust them just to install them. If thats the case, trying to pre-measure wont matter at this point. Lower your car, roll foward and backwards a bit then measure from ground to center of fender. Jack up the car and adjust coilover. Its just the nature of the beast, it doesnt take long, just get up for it. I'd recommend you getting a drill or impact drill with a lug nut attachment to make taking off the lugnuts faster. This honestly is the longest part of doing the adjustment. Good luck.
Old 05-09-16, 07:48 AM
bajandrift
Driver School Candidate

[QUOTE=drwafk;9476593]

Thanks alot man, i ended up doing just that over the weekend. Very happy with the drop but the car is to bouncy regardless of the damping settings i set so ill check my preload. I bought the coils from a friend of mine with a GS and i redid the front preload but not the rear. So ill check that over the weekend. But i fifted and lowered the coilovers myself so atleast i know now. Thanks again.
This is the drop i got

Last edited by bajandrift; 05-09-16 at 07:51 AM. Reason: Added pics
Old 05-10-16, 11:18 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

[QUOTE=bajandrift;9478007]

Originally Posted by drwafk

Thanks alot man, i ended up doing just that over the weekend. Very happy with the drop but the car is to bouncy regardless of the damping settings i set so ill check my preload. I bought the coils from a friend of mine with a GS and i redid the front preload but not the rear. So ill check that over the weekend. But i fifted and lowered the coilovers myself so atleast i know now. Thanks again.
This is the drop i got
Came out nice But remember , you can always go lower lol.
Old 05-11-16, 03:16 AM
bajandrift
Driver School Candidate

Came out nice But remember , you can always go lower lol.[/QUOTE]

LOL, maybe over in the US but over here we have speed humps everywhere. with the bumper conversion this is as low as i can go without smashing it.....my custom exhaust is already scraping on the humps
Old 05-11-16, 08:27 PM
PK1
Driver School Candidate

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Is that the Nia front?
Are you afraid of scraping and possibly breaking front bumper?

Why is it so bouncy? I thought BC coils were a great choice but didn;t know they were stiff (bouncy)...
Old 05-12-16, 11:57 PM
Tro209
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

IS*50 with BC Coilovers help me with some pics!-img_20160503_201602.jpg

Here is mine. I had it lowered to this level a week ago and I love it .

IS*50 with BC Coilovers help me with some pics!-img_0164.png

This on the other hand took some getting used to, but I think I got the hang of it now lol. As for measurments?? Dont know to be honest, I just know I have basically no gap on front and rear.