Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Best air bag solutions

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-15, 11:49 AM
Lowohslo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best air bag solutions

Well hello there, I just bought a 01 gs300 and I'm going to have it bagged in 60days. I just want some input on what brand/ set ups work best. I thought I was going to go with uas but I've read that if u run at low height with rub threw bags in the front even with the spacers. Also what r your thought on k sports/d2. Are there other bands I should look into? I want to be able to ride Real low on good roads And when parked lay frame or close to it. I already have a set of 19s 9/10
Old 03-24-15, 04:57 PM
Ava92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in the same boat as you, looking to replace my old coils with an air setup, I'd like to just buy a full strut setup for simplicity's sake, because one of my old coilovers has started squeaking

I've been researching it a bit, it looks like Airrunner is one of the most reputable brands, they are made in Japan and use airbags from the same manufacturer as lexus, with a similar design. However they seem to be 2x the price of all the competitors. There is a vocal minority who have used Airrunner in the past and they said it was overpriced, and they would not go with it again. However, everyone seems to say Airrunner rides the best and has a floating feeling.

Accuair seems to be very popular lately for the management side of things, same goes for the Dakota digital meter. The Accuair strut kits are basically outsourced and are comprised of UAS bags paired with D2/TWR struts

I saw a couple guys say Ksport has held up well for them, one guy on this forum said it held up for 2 years without issue. The cheap price kind of worries me though. I have read that Ksport/TWR/D2 are all the same brand.

One guy on a local forum who has had a couple air setups said Airrex is cheap, made in China, and hypes up their product on forums and stuff. He said ViAir compressors are overrated and suggested "Air Zenith" compressors instead and wished he had got that brand the first time around.

Again, this is just what I have gleaned from ~40 minutes of searching on forums and stuff. A lot of the info on this forum is very old so I didn't really look past 2010.

I'm looking for something reliable that I can just buy and not really worry about for 3-4 years if possible. Would that be airrunner with accuair management? Also will I need to cut holes in front strut tower or get aftermarket UCAs to lay frame while parked on 20s?

Last edited by Ava92; 03-24-15 at 05:07 PM.
Old 03-25-15, 05:37 AM
Lowohslo
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the reply man. I feel the same way all the reviews are like 5 years old. I kno I'm going with Accuair or Dakota Digital I'm leaning more towards Accuair looks more plug n play. As for bags I'm still up in the air ether uas or k sport or maybe the what ever brand come in the kit with Accuair witch is more than likey the same as k sport n d2. I like the uas better but I'm scarred of the bags rubbing up front. Some say the new bracket fix it and some others says it still rubs just not as bad. I do plan to drive low and when going slow drag but only going in a straight line. But I want a low ride hight like a finger gap when driving any one kno if that will cause the steering knuckle to rub.
Old 03-25-15, 08:14 AM
Lowohslo
Driver School Candidate

Are twr/d2/k sport all the same is one built better than others or just different colors and rebranded? I just can't make my mind up if I want to go with one of them 3 or uas. Input please fellas
Old 03-25-15, 04:07 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

I'm going with Airlift struts for my setup... they're the only ones I've seen with an actual video of the cars being properly driven on track, instead of the same 'ol drive and hardpark with dubstep background music.

For management, I can't makeup my mind between either the Accuair SwitchSpeed or Airlift Autopilot v2.
Old 03-25-15, 04:44 PM
Ava92
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by NorthStyle
drive and hardpark with dubstep background music.
This is all I'm looking for in an air setup, anyone got recommendations ? (Dubstep not required)
Old 03-25-15, 10:24 PM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Ava92
This is all I'm looking for in an air setup, anyone got recommendations ? (Dubstep not required)
LOL In that case, UAS would probably suit you well since they're the most inexpensive and will get the job done. I'm pretty sure they've fixed most of the previous issues where the wheels contacted the bag and wore through them.
Old 03-27-15, 06:47 AM
Lowohslo
Driver School Candidate

Dose any one kno for 100% that with Accuair switch speed can u have a saved ride hight? I've read that I dose and then I read only e level had memory settings. I really would like to be able to have a programed/saved ride hight but with out all the sensors for the e level. Thanks for the help guys I'm now more leaning towards air lift bags/struts. But and the back of my head I feel uas would be better if I never needed to replace one it would be no big deal. Just don't kno lol
Old 03-27-15, 09:32 AM
NorthStyle
Lexus Test Driver

No, the SwitchSpeed does not save ride heights. If you want to save presets without height sensors, then your only options are either the Autopilot v2 or Ridepro (both pressure-based management systems). Although with the Ridepro, you can later add height sensors (similar to Accuair) and it'll do both... it's honestly the best of both and what I'd get if it wasn't so expensive.
Old 03-29-15, 01:47 PM
vipdjason
Rookie

im on the same boat. im lookin at airrex suspension with accuaire elevel management system.