Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

trd sways review

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-03, 03:30 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default trd sways review

hey I just got trd race sways and installed on the car. I didn't get to drive much yet but initial difference is amazing. I will post my impression soon but the ride quality which I was worried about is not that much different from my l-tuned setup alone. It handles like...you know..just amazing.
Old 02-27-03, 08:45 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,379 Posts

Congrats and welcome to the upgraded sway club. I had a hard time believing how much flatter my car cornered with the TRD sways (I had L-Tuned springs/shocks first too). Had a grin on my face around every corner for weeks. Heck I still get a grin a lot of times with my car but obviously I'm very used to it now.
Old 02-27-03, 09:15 PM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Originally posted by bitkahuna
Congrats and welcome to the upgraded sway club. I had a hard time believing how much flatter my car cornered with the TRD sways (I had L-Tuned springs/shocks first too). Had a grin on my face around every corner for weeks. Heck I still get a grin a lot of times with my car but obviously I'm very used to it now.
No kidding! I just went for little driving but its light snowing here in denver so I couldn't really push hard on the corners yet
I will fully test it when the weather gets better but still I can't believe how much better it feels. I feel really glued to the pavement. Steering response is instant and it feels so tight. The ride quality is something I really can't feel the difference. I used to have bmw 328 with 15inch tires and my gs with l-tuned setup and sways rides better then 328 stock. and it corners better. So it may just be me but I don't think anyone should complain about trd sways being to harsh on the ride if they want better handing.
If the ride is too harsh then should stay stock and don't mod. But 99% of members here will mod their cars so if there is people out there who has been thinking about trd sways, I say GO FOR IT! you won't regret it.

Last edited by kapdori; 02-28-03 at 07:10 AM.
Old 02-27-03, 10:39 PM
LexFather

Default Welcome to the TRD sway club!

Like Bit said, it's like night and day. It makes me grin daily.
Old 02-28-03, 02:38 AM
kapdori
Lead Lap

Damn, its snowing today too
I can't test my car until weather gets better. Hopefully soon.
Just thinking about my new sways keeps me smiling.