Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Which Sways to Buy???

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-04, 06:45 PM
Shyne
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which Sways to Buy???

I don't really know much about the sways for the gs, but i would like to order some soon because the handling could be better...The gs seems to have more curb weight so i think it would be ideal to add these on to the l-tuned suspension...How much stiffer should i go??? I wan't something not too extreme, but more refined...Thanks for your help...Shyne
Old 11-27-04, 08:03 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

From your description, I would recommend 100% the Daizen sways. Contact TM Engineering and enjoy the results.
Old 11-27-04, 08:13 PM
Shyne
Driver

heard anything good about the trd sways???
Old 11-27-04, 08:35 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,119 Likes on 1,293 Posts

Originally posted by Shyne
Shyne,

LOTS of information on this subject if you care to use the search feature . From your description, the TRD Race sways are going to be more than you need. TRD also makes a milder set of sways called 'Sportivo' also referred to as white (Race sways are blue).

Not too many people have the Sportivo, but they like them. I've more positive reports from more people about the Daizens. Plus the Daizens are adjustable. TM Engineering carries 'em.
Old 11-28-04, 02:42 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally posted by Shyne
The TRD Racing Sways are great. Their main drawback is that they add quite a bit of stiffness. Some people like that. Some people don't mind that. Some people do not want that at all. Since you said you wanted something more "refined", I put you in the last group. I've had both the TRD Racing and Daizen on my car. They both perform great. The Daizens, however, retain a more comfortable ride.

You can try PMing member Navaz also. I believe he has had the TRD Racing and Sportivos, and the Daizens on his car. rominl has had TRD Racing and is currently sporting the Daizens. Ron430 has had all three also but he runs the OEM soft, lots-of-rubber 16s so the ride quality issues are different.
Old 11-29-04, 01:45 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by Neo
The TRD Racing Sways are great. Their main drawback is that they add quite a bit of stiffness. Some people like that. Some people don't mind that. Some people do not want that at all. Since you said you wanted something more "refined", I put you in the last group. I've had both the TRD Racing and Daizen on my car. They both perform great. The Daizens, however, retain a more comfortable ride.

You can try PMing member Navaz also. I believe he has had the TRD Racing and Sportivos, and the Daizens on his car. rominl has had TRD Racing and is currently sporting the Daizens. Ron430 has had all three also but he runs the OEM soft, lots-of-rubber 16s so the ride quality issues are different.
ths is exactly what i feel too. i used to have trd blue, awesome handling, no doubt. but the added harshness to the ride was too much for me to bear around here. i got the daizen, same handling, but the ride was noticeably better. so after all it's good choice
Old 11-29-04, 09:53 AM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Best comment here is to use the search function. Unfortunately, "ride" is a very subjective issue and it is intimately wound up with other mods you do to your car, and the tradeoffs you are willing to make in ride vs handling. The current GS has a strong tendency to harshness and it can get harsh quick. Don't have to worry about bars doing it, tires alone can do it. Have to wait and see if Lexus has learned anything with the next gen.

I have the stock springs on both my GS430 and my wifes GS300. The GS3 has the stock 225/55-16s (Michelins) and I have 245/50-16s (Pirelli) on my GS4. The GS 3 does best on the Sportivo's and I have left others on my car for several months at a time to get a true feel for their benefits and I keep going back to the TRD blues on my car, they have been on the car for the last five months and I think overall, for my driving, they are the ones that will stay on the car. When you start modding your suspension, don't feel that the money you spend is necessarily making an improvement or not going to be ultimately totally wasted. Sometimes you need to try something and just live with it to see if you like it or not. Often, any change you make seems wonderful the day after you make it. But long term, you may not want to make a handling/ride tradeoff. At least sways are very easy to play around with. I think I can change bars and have a Pepsi in under an hour now.
Old 11-29-04, 10:02 AM
Navaz
Pole Position

Go with the Daizens, Do a search for comparisons, too touchy of a subject to coment any more about.
Old 11-29-04, 10:16 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

One more vote for the TRD blues, I have them and I like them alot.
Old 11-29-04, 10:51 AM
Navaz
Pole Position

Ok since I have all 3 i will give 1 vote for the TRD Blue, and 2 Votes for the Daizens, sportivo's get 0
Old 11-29-04, 10:57 AM
joshoowa
Lexus Champion

i own the trd sways and i have to say i like them but may want to change to daizens. why? because there are times when i know i have to hold the wheel or i will loose control or i feel like i will loose control of the car. maybe its just me or maybe its coz the wheels now, i had the sways back when i had my stock wheels on and i never had this problem so i guess upgraded wheels is a factor too.

i remember someone wrote a follow up on different sway bars they owned, was it you rominl? or dave? i cant remember but it was very detailed with information.
Old 11-29-04, 11:02 AM
morris
Lexus Champion

It might be the wheels, I have the stock 17" chrome with my TRD's and dont experience that sensation.
Old 11-29-04, 12:01 PM
RON430
Lexus Fanatic

Originally posted by morris
It might be the wheels, I have the stock 17" chrome with my TRD's and dont experience that sensation.
Ditto for the 16's.
Old 11-29-04, 10:03 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by Navaz
Ok since I have all 3 i will give 1 vote for the TRD Blue, and 2 Votes for the Daizens, sportivo's get 0
hahaha, this is a good one
Old 11-30-04, 06:35 PM
Shyne
Driver

Originally posted by joshoowa
i own the trd sways and i have to say i like them but may want to change to daizens. why? because there are times when i know i have to hold the wheel or i will loose control or i feel like i will loose control of the car. maybe its just me or maybe its coz the wheels now, i had the sways back when i had my stock wheels on and i never had this problem so i guess upgraded wheels is a factor too.

i remember someone wrote a follow up on different sway bars they owned, was it you rominl? or dave? i cant remember but it was very detailed with information.
have you checked your alignment lately??

Quick Reply: Which Sways to Buy???