Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

DIY for coilover install

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-14, 03:36 PM
aTeAse
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DIY for coilover install

Is anyone willing to write up a good DIY for a coilover install?

Especially with adjusting the height on coilovers, what's the most accurate way to get the height you want on both sides?(some coilovers you can adjust the very bottom of the shock, and also the spring perch... to me that's very confusing)

I tried looking up DIY for RSR sport coilovers, but none to be found on the internet.
Old 01-23-14, 01:34 PM
JGard18
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you really want it done right, you go to a shop that can do corner weighting. They'll individually weigh each wheel and adjust the different corners accordingly, usually with you in the car, too.
Old 04-09-14, 11:46 AM
kasarap
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by aTeAse
Is anyone willing to write up a good DIY for a coilover install?

Especially with adjusting the height on coilovers, what's the most accurate way to get the height you want on both sides?(some coilovers you can adjust the very bottom of the shock, and also the spring perch... to me that's very confusing)

I tried looking up DIY for RSR sport coilovers, but none to be found on the internet.
i second this
Old 04-15-14, 05:59 AM
AdvanSLF
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JGard18
If you really want it done right, you go to a shop that can do corner weighting. They'll individually weigh each wheel and adjust the different corners accordingly, usually with you in the car, too.
actually, the term is corner balancing i believe. its great if you're the only driver and you're in a purpose built car. however, i doubt most of us are modding a purpose built car (e.g., springs vs. full coilovers). you also need to consider you won't be the only person in the car 100% of the time, so when passengers are in the vehicle with you, it'll be lopsided so there's really no point to corner balancing an everyday car. besides aftermarket springs are always at least 15% stiffer than stock springs. so it should be able to address a driver's weight of at least 200 lbs or less, with out little to no sagging.