Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Has anyone recently buy this setup?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-12, 07:26 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone recently buy this setup?

I'm looking to replace my rotors/pads and want to know if these are any good.

There from Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/FRONT-REAR-K...sories&vxp=mtr
Old 01-23-12, 11:02 PM
GS714
Pole Position

Default The link below may shed some light.

The OEM and even some aftermarket set, like Autozone, NAPA and O'Reilly is almost the same price or even higher.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ew-rotors.html
Old 01-24-12, 01:46 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

that looks like a great deal.
Old 01-24-12, 02:10 AM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

pretty darn cheap, not sure about the quality of it htough.
Old 01-24-12, 05:14 PM
GS714
Pole Position

Default regarding quality

Ebay resaler or wholesaler are rated by customers, not by Ebay. There always will be unhappy customers. For the price, I will give it a try when I get my brake done. Beside there are some CL members been running it. I don't think those review are posted by Brake Motive employees.
Old 01-25-12, 08:29 AM
850Lexus
Pole Position

Honestly I wouldn't touch them. A drilled rotor is very dangerous if the holes weren't cast and they were drilled after the casting process. It makes the rotor brittle. Brakes are not where I would go cheap. Your life depends on them operating correctly. Check out R1 concepts store on ebay. They are highly recommended over on my qx56 forum. I am about to try a pair as well since my stockers keep warping. And I am a firm believer that blank rotors are the best!!!
Old 01-25-12, 10:18 PM
GS714
Pole Position

Default Drilled and slotted

You are definitely right on the part "Brake are not where I would go cheap". But look at the description from cheapest to over the roof pricing on these rotors. It said drilled and/or slotted.
No single indication if it was casted in. . Anyway if drilled and slotted rotors are not safe then how come all race car used them? Beside getting a little attention at the STOP light, most of us using it for daily commuting.
Old 01-25-12, 11:28 PM
mrjaydm
Rookie

I just bought a whole set of front and rear blank rotors and ceramic pads from R1 Concepts for 188 shipped. I put them on the other day and the fitment is top notch. I couldn't be happier for the money. My car stops great! Here is a link to the auction.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/270887481062...84.m1439.l2649
Old 01-26-12, 02:48 AM
kondratus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude i got them couple years ago, they are ****ty, compare even to OEM..
Old 01-26-12, 07:35 AM
850Lexus
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS714
You are definitely right on the part "Brake are not where I would go cheap". But look at the description from cheapest to over the roof pricing on these rotors. It said drilled and/or slotted.
No single indication if it was casted in. . Anyway if drilled and slotted rotors are not safe then how come all race car used them? Beside getting a little attention at the STOP light, most of us using it for daily commuting.
You should check out those race cars again. Most race cars now days use ceramic blank rotors.Not all, but most. If they are using slotted or drilled rotors, they are the expensive ones that were cast with holes. All you have to do is ask the company your are wanting to buy from. If they can't tell you about the casting process, move on to the next company. Again it is key how the rotor is made. The cheap method is dangerous and make the rotors likely to crack. Doing it correctly by casting the rotor with the holes is safe. I was not saying all drilled and slotted rotors are dangerous, just the ones that are made cheaply and half assed.

The reason slotted a drilled rotor were used in the past were because of the gases that came off of brake pads when heated up. Technology has since progressed. There are very little gas expelled from modern brake pads. They don't help cool down the rotor. Air doesn't come from the side of the car when your driving, it comes from the front. The front rotors have a fin design that helps capture the air and cool the rotors. All your doing by adding slotted and drilled rotors is take away from the surface area that the brake pad rubs against to slow you down.

This is an argument that will never be won. It is your car and your welcome to do what ever you like to it. I just wanted to share the info.

Last edited by 850Lexus; 01-26-12 at 03:49 PM.
Old 01-26-12, 03:16 PM
Acer
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by kondratus

Which one are you talking about?
Old 01-26-12, 06:40 PM
GS714
Pole Position

Default Chill out man

Originally Posted by 850Lexus
You should check out those race cars again. Most race cars now days use ceramic blank rotors.Not all, but most. If they are using slotted or drilled rotors, they are the expensive ones that were cast with holes. All you have to do is ask the company your are wanting to buy from. If they can't tell you about the casting process, move on to the next company. Again it is key how the rotor is made. The cheap method is dangerous and make the rotors likely to crack. Doing it correctly by casting the rotor with the holes is safe. I was not saying all drilled and slotted rotors are dangerous, just the ones that are made cheaply and half assed.

The reason slotted a drilled rotor were used in the past were because of the gases that came off of brake pads when heated up. Technology has since progressed. There are very little gas expelled from modern brake pads. They don't help cool down the rotor. Air doesn't come from the side of the car when your driving, it comes from the front. The front rotors have a fin design that helps capture the air and cool the rotors. All your doing by adding slotted and drilled rotors is take away from the surface area that the brake pad rubs against to slow you down.

This is an argument that will never be won. It is your car and your welcome to do what ever you like to it. I just wanted to share the info.
Dude chill out man. I am learning here. This is a very informative forum.
Old 01-26-12, 10:36 PM
GS714
Pole Position

Default Can you clarify the "****ty"

Originally Posted by kondratus
My GS is hitting the 100K match. I am thinking getting the rotors replace soon.
Thks
Old 01-31-12, 12:36 AM
kondratus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acer9103
Which one are you talking about?
got the same ones from ebay ceramic pads, and rotors are now on my gs, if i would do it over again, id buy OEM, or stop-tech or somthn
Old 01-31-12, 11:36 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

jeebus muderfunken krise... search the whole forum regarding slot/drilled/blank rotors. theres are many threads about them.

all rotors are not created equal. Drilled/slots ebay rotors are not created equal compared to real race quality ones.

to the op, those kits are cheap and geared to people who are looking for an affordable setup. Me personally i wouldnt get a whole package deal since i dont like rocking cheap pads.

its your safety. brakes and tires are cheap insurance. how much do you value your life and the lives of people in the car?

Quick Reply: Has anyone recently buy this setup?