Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

should i spend the money on the fsport struts???

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-11, 09:53 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts
Default should i spend the money on the fsport struts???

Is it really worth the money to get the fsport struts or is it a waste of money? I suppose for a few hundred more I could get coilovers, but actually was pretty happy with the height and ride of my pro kits. Has anyone purchased these in addition to whatever springs they are on? Was it a wise investment? Should I use my money on this rather than on something else like sway bars etc... any and all the input is greatly appreciated.
Old 10-24-11, 10:30 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 53 Posts

fsport struts will probably last longer than coils, if you dont care for adjusting ride height get the shocks
Old 10-25-11, 05:44 AM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Phresh2010
fsport struts will probably last longer than coils, if you dont care for adjusting ride height get the shocks
Thanks, i was kind of referring to whether or not I should or shouldnt buy the shocks and just stick with my springs on oem struts. IS it worth it to wait for shocks or is it not a noticeable enough cost to invest?
Old 10-25-11, 04:25 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 143 Likes on 53 Posts

i never had a aftermarket spring and shock combo before, but i can tell you with coils which have stiffer struts it is def noticeable, im sure with fsport shocks the ride will be stiffer, firmer, and will improve handling but ofcourse will feel not as comfortable on bumpy roads as that is the drawback of a stiffer suspension, also fsport products were designed by lexus and specifically for our cars, im sure they didnt make it unbearable to use
Old 10-25-11, 04:29 PM
Fuzzie
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i love the prokit spring with the fsport shocks.

i had the springs with stock shocks and didnt really like the feel.
the fsport shocks made i feel a lot better to me.
Old 10-25-11, 07:56 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by Fuzzie
i love the prokit spring with the fsport shocks.

i had the springs with stock shocks and didnt really like the feel.
the fsport shocks made i feel a lot better to me.
THANK YOU FUZZIE! that was exactly the answer I was looking for. i just really wanted to know if I should wait and buy the fsport shocks then install my prokits, or it wasn't really worth it and just go dropped on stock shocks again. I too was kind of okay with the ride on stock shocks but looking for something better. It felt a little bouncy. Thank the rest of you for the Input as well, if I had not already purchased the springs and was starting from ground zero then a coilover option would probably have been the choice for me. We shall see, but I like what I'm hearing. Anymore opinions or options? I'm all ears!
Old 10-25-11, 08:12 PM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

+1 on the crappy ride with F-Sport springs/OEM shocks. Instead of getting the F-Sport shocks, I chose to pay a bit more for coilovers. I sold my F-Sport springs to make back some of the money. I like having adjustable height and dampening, not sure if these qualities are important to you. With the adjustable height, I can finally get rid of the dreaded Lexus lean (passenger side height is noticeably higher than driver side).
Old 10-25-11, 11:59 PM
10lexISR6
Instructor

Originally Posted by MrBBQ
+1 on the crappy ride with F-Sport springs/OEM shocks. Instead of getting the F-Sport shocks, I chose to pay a bit more for coilovers. I sold my F-Sport springs to make back some of the money. I like having adjustable height and dampening, not sure if these qualities are important to you. With the adjustable height, I can finally get rid of the dreaded Lexus lean (passenger side height is noticeably higher than driver side).
Do you like the ride? How much did you pay for your bcr's? And thru whom?