Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sway bars TRD Blue & Diazen

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-10, 02:21 PM
Grantville
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sway bars TRD Blue & Diazen

Found a thread that is closed regarding the sway bar options for years back that I thought was pretty interesting.

Because, I just guessed that the Diazen bars would be stiffer than a TRD part as the I thought the TRD parts were closer to OEM than aftermarket.

But, maybe this is not true.

Also, why did that other thread get closed?
Old 08-29-10, 08:46 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

It is the reverse. The TRDs are stiffer but from most, handles a bit better. There's the trade off. I got rid of my TRDs and put on the Daizens. Unless you push it all the time, the Daizens are more compliant and I don't notice the handling decrease others have reported. Then again, I also have other bracing in addition to the Daizens. Everyone will have opinions on this as each person will have different needs and experience. This is all IMO of course.
Old 10-29-10, 06:56 AM
raceforgt
Rookie

I'm looking to do TRD blue sways on my car as part of my suspension package Im doing. So far I've put 3GS 18s on, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, lower ball joints and tie rods. I use the car as a daily driver but want to get as much out of an upgrade as possible. Does anyone suggest for or against the TRD blue sways?? Im about to buy them from Sewell for about $550 and want as many opinions as possible..
Old 10-29-10, 09:56 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by raceforgt
I'm looking to do TRD blue sways on my car as part of my suspension package Im doing. So far I've put 3GS 18s on, Eibach springs, KYB shocks, lower ball joints and tie rods. I use the car as a daily driver but want to get as much out of an upgrade as possible. Does anyone suggest for or against the TRD blue sways?? Im about to buy them from Sewell for about $550 and want as many opinions as possible..
hope u doing it online....they only 465+ shipping when you register with your CL name

http://is.sewellparts.com/clublexus.php

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/2ge...lue-sways.html
Old 10-29-10, 12:00 PM
raceforgt
Rookie

Well I rounded up to include shipping + tax but yeah, about $470 for the bars with CL membership. Sewell is awesome, especially for someone like me who doesn't like to stray from OEM but wants a low price. They're incredibly cheap!
So again, anyone with opinions on the blue TRD sways please chime in. Would greatly appreciate some advice on these!
Old 10-29-10, 12:33 PM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My 1st suspension package was installed all at once, and very similar to yours. I did TRD blues, KYB struts, and Espelir springs + lightweight 18's.

The biggest improvement was made by the TRD's. At 80 mph on the highway, I was able to throw the steering wheel all the way to one side and fly across lanes and back with perfect confidence. Car stays pancake flat, planted as hell. In short, they're freakin' awesome. If they were $1000, I'd still buy em again.
Old 10-29-10, 04:25 PM
raceforgt
Rookie

Thanks sakataj, you seem to be the one person that responds to ALL my questions/concerns. Very helpful..

JiBBeL- wow they make that much of a difference huh?! I read a few positive remarks when it comes to these but also a few negative ones. Kind of like with Daizen bushings (which I've decided not to do) but I suppose everything has its pros and cons.
What about all these stories about bent/broken sway links? Supposedly the OEM links (which are the only ones out there) are far too soft for these, or the Daizen even, bars. I just don't want to put any extra tension and wear on anything, as in some suggested the rest of the suspension. I'll replace the links at the same time but I don't want them wearing out early on.
Thanks for the input and advice!

Last edited by raceforgt; 10-29-10 at 06:14 PM.