Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

(daizen....questions) front suspension assy pics...??

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-06, 06:14 AM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question (daizen....questions) front suspension assy pics...??

hear all this talk about daizen this daizen that. i have bags and realy need to get like aLLLL my busings replaced.. even the ones in my head so theres like a ton of them as I can see sway control steering... is ther like a diagram of whats what... and whats the best place to get these bad boys.... and whats up about replacing them as a DIY .... any special wrenches needed or anything or easy job????

Last edited by DruMnBaSS; 07-11-06 at 06:59 AM.
Old 07-11-06, 06:34 AM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

well that sucks... i jus called JM and they do not sell or install Daizen bushings... only OEM.... BoooHooo...
Old 07-11-06, 06:43 AM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

ove of our vendors sells the daizen bushings. Lexus parts / sewell. Try that.
Old 07-11-06, 07:03 AM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

guys u have no idea how many pages of searching i ust went through... lol seems no one does this mod as a home project... i just like to see stuff before i dig into it. hate finding myself without that 5ft screwdriver that has a special tip to it to do the job right after all the research i guess the upper ball joint s witht he arm.. i just checked they look ok... i guess im buyin everythn i can possibly get that daizen makes with poly.. sway, arm, etc...

theres so make reakin arms and bushings tho.. i would love to see like a pic wih the crap pointed out and what is a must to replace and what is optional.. if anyone has this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! id appreciate a mil... thz
Old 07-11-06, 12:32 PM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

well... i love calling ppl and gettin answers just ordered a rehaul for my suspension.. from the place in TX dewell.. Darrel was very helpful good prices too on OEM!!!! i promise a full write up and DIY install pics when im done... shipping next day so...
Old 07-13-06, 11:22 AM
SloGS3
Pole Position

Originally Posted by DruMnBaSS
guys u have no idea how many pages of searching i ust went through... lol seems no one does this mod as a home project... i just like to see stuff before i dig into it. hate finding myself without that 5ft screwdriver that has a special tip to it to do the job right after all the research i guess the upper ball joint s witht he arm.. i just checked they look ok... i guess im buyin everythn i can possibly get that daizen makes with poly.. sway, arm, etc...

theres so make reakin arms and bushings tho.. i would love to see like a pic wih the crap pointed out and what is a must to replace and what is optional.. if anyone has this !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! id appreciate a mil... thz
Im doing mine tomorrow, ill see if i can get some pics of the install, might be a paint in the ****! I will use a press at my buddies shop, so for the ones who dont have access to that kind of equipment, sorry! Ill let you know how it turns out! Wish me luck.
Old 07-13-06, 12:11 PM
slickgt1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by SloGS3
Im doing mine tomorrow, ill see if i can get some pics of the install, might be a paint in the ****! I will use a press at my buddies shop, so for the ones who dont have access to that kind of equipment, sorry! Ill let you know how it turns out! Wish me luck.
Good luck.
Old 07-13-06, 12:13 PM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

dude i took apart every piece in my suspension system... my arms are at a machine shop gettin the ol bushings outta there.. i cudnt do it with what i had... thats abot the only problem about doing thi swhole thing at home... is gettin them out. ... also my optinion about the #2 lower control arm is that the daizen bushing sucks... specially for me since i have bags it seems that after time it would wear in and be way less effetive then the stock round ball bushing thats on there. BTW i just jumped into it... very easy to take apart our cars suspension.. i wen out n spent 200 at harbor freight got my self torqu wrench breaker bar, etc... thos are def a must!!!! but yeah im gona take pics on reasembly...
Old 07-13-06, 01:00 PM
SloGS3
Pole Position

Taking the suspension apart will not be a problem, i did it twice already on my GS, so it takes me about 45 minutes to take it apart on both sides with just regular tools one can find laying around in my garage! The only concern i had was pressing the bushings in, and since i can do it at my buddies shop for free that will be taken care of in a matter of minutes. Along with that, my Tein cs' are going back in the place of my Tein s-tech/KYB set up, so im excited to see how much of a difference all of this will make. I guess i should have done more research on this stuff before because now i want the Daizen OE swaybar bushings as well, but thats gonna have to wait until later, im not waiting to get them here so i can do it all at once! I cant wait anymore!!!!
Old 07-13-06, 01:17 PM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

EH jus use a vice to press em im... i just picked up my arms with the old ones out =( had to cough up 60 to pull em out...
Old 07-19-06, 12:41 PM
Benjamin T
Lexus Champion

any pics of the reinstall?