Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Suggestions: Daizen Bushing Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-06, 11:11 AM
bollywoodk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daizen Bushing Kit - Vibrations - Help!!

Lexxies;
I would like to hear about your experience with the daizen bushing kit on the GS's- Pros?? Cons??
Also where to get the best deal on them..?

I have a 01 gs3 and I get crazy vibration when I hit the brakes at high speeds and also while I am driving the vibration start at 60mph and end at 73mph..I have changed the rotors to cross drilled/slotted and brake pads about 4 months ago.. the vibrations stop for a month and came back around. I also changed the hub-bearing/ all four tires and still continues.. Any suggestions?? I have heard and thought about the replacing the bushing kit. Ball joints were replace 1.5yr back..
Help!!

Last edited by bollywoodk; 06-18-06 at 11:43 AM.
Old 06-18-06, 12:22 PM
bollywoodk
Driver School Candidate

Default Suggestions: Daizen Bushing Kit

Lexxies;
I would like to hear about your experience with the daizen bushing kit on the GS's- Pros?? Cons??

I have a 01 gs3 and I get crazy vibration when I hit the brakes at high speeds and also while I am driving the vibration start at 60mph and end at 73mph..I have changed the rotors to cross drilled/slotted and brake pads about 4 months ago.. the vibrations stop for a month and came back around. I also changed the hub-bearing/ all four tires and still continues.. Any suggestions?? I have heard and thought about the replacing the bushing kit. Ball joints were replace 1.5yr back..
Help!!
Old 06-18-06, 01:57 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by bollywoodk
Lexxies;

Help!!
bro use the search function on this topic rominl and i and countless others have many threads on this , all your answers are there , sorry i am just too lazy right now to retype all the info

get the daizen stuff it will cure 95% + of your problems
Old 06-18-06, 02:50 PM
corkycal
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

replacing with daizen bushings may or may not fix your problems. how many miles are on your car?
it could be your rotors/wheels/tires.

put on your stock wheels back on to see if the vibration stops.

for higher mileage cars, these bushings are a must to refresh it back to factory new.
Old 06-18-06, 06:06 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i was one of the first ones to have the bushings, and it's been a long time, still running strong and i can't be happier. the ride is very solid, handling very good, steering wheel very precise

some people say the ride gets a bit harsher but i don't feel it. and technically the bushings might get dry down the road and squeak, but i don't know when it's going to be happen, probably not for a long time
Old 06-18-06, 06:10 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

and i agree with cocky, it could be a million factors. if it's vibrations, i would really check on the wheel balancing and such, without good balancing it's not going to fix anythig

about prcing, you can get it from tm engineering or lexus-parts.com. both vendors here
Old 06-22-06, 07:29 AM
bollywoodk
Driver School Candidate

Default thanks

Thank you all for your responses-
Corky- I have 95k on the car. With Factory wheels, just got new tires and balanced them too. It been three months on the car- Should I rebalance the wheels again??

Also I have crossdrill. slotted rotors- it squecks when I apply the brakes.. also that raddle noise comes from the back wheel when I go over the bumps.. calliper clip?? how much does it cost ???

Anyone knw of any place where i can get my rotors resurfaced? they are cross-drilled slotted. in NY????
Old 06-22-06, 08:12 AM
GUNRU-GS4
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry I don't have the Daizen bushing kit but here are the couple things i've done that have eliminated my vibrations at highway speeds.

I have found my car to be driving extremely smooth lately at high speeds. I have replaced all the rotors recently, made sure air pressure in tires is good, balanced rims & tires, and I really think the main thing is tightening up my lugnuts very evenly in a star pattern and then using proper torque specs. I also installed the OEM Daizen sway bar bushings.

When I first put my summer rims on in March which are 18"s I had them balanced and thrown on at a locat tire shop. My car rode like crap and vibrated like hell on the highway at all speeds. I thought maybe they did a ****ty job at balancing them with crappy equipment. Those retards just throw your rims on and hit them with air guns. I'm always gonna put my own stuff on now.

The couple small things I've done mentioned above have somehow made my car ride pretty damn good. I drive on the highway every day.

Last edited by GUNRU-GS4; 06-22-06 at 08:16 AM.
Old 06-22-06, 08:24 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

There are too many reasons for vibration. None of them can be guaranteed to be your problem.

You need to do the process of elimination in the proper order or you will be wasting time and money.

Read post #7 and let us know if you still have any questions: https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...ghlight=hunter

Hint: Hunter 9700