Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

???question???

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-06, 10:07 PM
Xeeeeeem
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ???question???

I got a 95 gs300. My 2 rear calipers are stickin for sure and maybe even my front right. Bout a month ago, i lubed up the caliper bolts. What my mechanic and i discover was all but a 1 bolt were rusted and that one that wasn't rusted had no grease on it. Anyways, we got rid of the rust and lubed em up. The rear calipers are gone to **** and the best way i can describe em is the piece that pushes whatever they push,(rectangular/ circular pad) is completely warn out but the rears are still stickin and are now becoming to smell. (As you can prolly tell i'm not too knowledgeble bout cars! ) I wanna get new calipers before my rotors warp. My mechanic said that i need new rotors because my """Brakes""" smell. Is this true?? And with that does that mean i need new pads??

I want to buy calipers from autozone because that seems to be the cheapest choice. There are MANY MANY choice of what to get and wwhat kind of kit. MEchanic says Go with calipers loaded.
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiB...raction+Control

Is there anything else that i need to get, in order to do this right.....such as clips, hoses and what not. Maybe somewhere where i can get a better bargain?

Thanks let me know!
Old 02-03-06, 07:58 AM
GoFaSSter
Driver

The idea behind the loaded calipers is that they are supposed to come with everything needed. The calipers will have brake pads and everything.
Old 02-03-06, 08:27 AM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Xeeeeeem
I got a 95 gs300. My 2 rear calipers are stickin for sure and maybe even my front right. Bout a month ago, i lubed up the caliper bolts. What my mechanic and i discover was all but a 1 bolt were rusted and that one that wasn't rusted had no grease on it. Anyways, we got rid of the rust and lubed em up. The rear calipers are gone to **** and the best way i can describe em is the piece that pushes whatever they push,(rectangular/ circular pad) is completely warn out but the rears are still stickin and are now becoming to smell. (As you can prolly tell i'm not too knowledgeble bout cars! ) I wanna get new calipers before my rotors warp. My mechanic said that i need new rotors because my """Brakes""" smell. Is this true?? And with that does that mean i need new pads??

I want to buy calipers from autozone because that seems to be the cheapest choice. There are MANY MANY choice of what to get and wwhat kind of kit. MEchanic says Go with calipers loaded.
http://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiB...raction+Control

Is there anything else that i need to get, in order to do this right.....such as clips, hoses and what not. Maybe somewhere where i can get a better bargain?

Thanks let me know!
If you are going to replace everything in the braking system (rotors and calipers) while you have it all disassembled I suggest you replace the flexible brake line with stainless steel braided brake lines. More durable and will improve the pedal response and "feel" of your brakes as they resist expansion better than rubber brake lines and transmit more of the force generated by pressing on the pedal to the pads.