Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

just got my rotora bbk for the rear

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-06, 10:23 AM
dallasgs4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default just got my rotora bbk for the rear

Thanks to Steve at Carson my rear rotora bbk came in. I already bought the fronts from Jeff Lexi11. Some members told me if i wanted a big lip in the rear just stick with the bbks up front but it just looks a lot better with the kit all the way around.
Attached Thumbnails just got my rotora bbk for the rear-rotora.jpg  

Last edited by dallasgs4; 01-09-06 at 10:35 AM.
Old 01-09-06, 10:26 AM
tkracing
Lead Lap

Very nice
I bet you cant wait to get those on....
Old 01-09-06, 10:54 AM
TexasGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Man you are moddin' like crazy. Those things are going to be sick. What wheels did you go with? Also, have you driven your car since you put your 3.76 LSD on? I just got my RMM 3.76 last Friday. I will give you a ring to set up a time for your brother to install it for me. My car is still over at Park Place body shop after the break in I had before X-mas. Still negotiating with the insurance company. Anyway, congrats on the sweet stoppers !
Old 01-09-06, 11:00 AM
dallasgs4
Driver

I have a whole list off things I've done. I'm just now posting pic my car has not been driven in over 8 months so no the torsen is in but i have not drove with it. As for the wheels they will be posted in the morning ill give you a hint there made by donz
Old 01-09-06, 11:54 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Although daily driving should be OK, just a word of caution. Braking is about balance. I know Rotora builds 6/4 kits. The 4/4 kits on LXOGOOD's and BlueLex's cars were special built items. (I hope Rotora did some testing.) Just putting together a stand-alone 4-pot front kit with another 4-pot rear kit that has not been tested together or built to complement eachother could be dangerous. From what I can tell, there is a tolerance range for these things and they are not that narrow. Still, I would not want to be at the outer areas of this range.

I am not trying to rain on your parade. Yes, it will look great. I just want to make sure you are aware. I don't want my fellow CL bro surprised when faced with an emergency situation. I have not looked in to BBKs for awhile so maybe Rotora has a new 4-pot rear to complement their 4-pot front setup or have done more testing to verify this 4/4 combo. If that's the case, then .
Old 01-09-06, 04:38 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
Although daily driving should be OK, just a word of caution. Braking is about balance. I know Rotora builds 6/4 kits. The 4/4 kits on LXOGOOD's and BlueLex's cars were special built items. (I hope Rotora did some testing.) Just putting together a stand-alone 4-pot front kit with another 4-pot rear kit that has not been tested together or built to complement eachother could be dangerous. From what I can tell, there is a tolerance range for these things and they are not that narrow. Still, I would not want to be at the outer areas of this range.

I am not trying to rain on your parade. Yes, it will look great. I just want to make sure you are aware. I don't want my fellow CL bro surprised when faced with an emergency situation. I have not looked in to BBKs for awhile so maybe Rotora has a new 4-pot rear to complement their 4-pot front setup or have done more testing to verify this 4/4 combo. If that's the case, then .
i have a 4/4 rotora kit as well and yes mine is a custom rear kit and i havent had any problems with heavy braking as of yet
Old 01-09-06, 05:02 PM
dallasgs4
Driver

I bought the fronts from Lexi 11 and yes they are custom 4 pot with the 14in rotor. When i called Steve he said they would match up fine. I also called a tech at rotora and he said the same thing but thanks for the info i will make a couple more call in the morning just to be on the safe side.
Old 01-09-06, 05:48 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LOL. If you guys are all buying the same rear setup, they should just test it and package it. Custom meant one-off when LXOGOOD was the only one with it. Now ...
Old 01-09-06, 06:27 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Neo
LOL. If you guys are all buying the same rear setup, they should just test it and package it. Custom meant one-off when LXOGOOD was the only one with it. Now ...
lol this is funny NEO i should explain...my rear setup is custom one off cause it WAS lexogoods old rear setup before he went with the blue calipers they were used 1k miles and custom meaning i can use a stock 17" gs wheel on the rear with the BBK
Old 01-09-06, 07:30 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Its funny when you actually think about we all still have a one of custom kit.

Ken's kit is a custom 4 pot 14 inch front rotor set up with a cutom smaller version of the 4 pot caliper rear 13 inch kit.

My front is the same as Ken's custom front 4 pot 14 inch rotor with the standard 4 pot rear 14inch kit.

Lexondubs's is a standard 4 pot 13inch front rotor with Ken's custom smaller verion 4 pot rear caliper and 13 inch rotor.

In talking to Ken many times his works great and he's FI'd and has needed to do some fast stops at times and they did the job great.

Lex's kit has worked great from speaking to him, he's not the type to lie or say it is when its not.

My set up has worked great aswell with me already having a couple close calls with them making us spill soda on the dash. plus I tested mine on the track accidently by driving with only my fogs on and not noticing the wall at the end of the track until I actually saw it and I turned hard while slamming the brakes and they just stopped, worked amazingly.

The kit you have Dallas is the same as mine cuz the kit you bought from jeff was Ken's old front set up before he changed to blue. So trust me your in good hands..Congrats
Old 01-09-06, 09:54 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I can't wait to I do this set-up nice job
Old 01-09-06, 10:08 PM
dallasgs4
Driver

Thanks for the quick explanation Bluelex. I was about get on my phone and start making some Phone calls in the morning.
Old 01-09-06, 11:12 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

Originally Posted by bluelex
Its funny when you actually think about we all still have a one of custom kit.

Ken's kit is a custom 4 pot 14 inch front rotor set up with a cutom smaller version of the 4 pot caliper rear 13 inch kit.

My front is the same as Ken's custom front 4 pot 14 inch rotor with the standard 4 pot rear 14inch kit.

Lexondubs's is a standard 4 pot 13inch front rotor with Ken's custom smaller verion 4 pot rear caliper and 13 inch rotor.

In talking to Ken many times his works great and he's FI'd and has needed to do some fast stops at times and they did the job great.

Lex's kit has worked great from speaking to him, he's not the type to lie or say it is when its not.

My set up has worked great aswell with me already having a couple close calls with them making us spill soda on the dash. plus I tested mine on the track accidently by driving with only my fogs on and not noticing the wall at the end of the track until I actually saw it and I turned hard while slamming the brakes and they just stopped, worked amazingly.

The kit you have Dallas is the same as mine cuz the kit you bought from jeff was Ken's old front set up before he changed to blue. So trust me your in good hands..Congrats
umm...... and rotora is saying tha they are all "fine" setup? kinda weird. how do they justify the brake balance on all these mix matches?

Last edited by rominl; 01-10-06 at 01:17 AM.
Old 01-10-06, 12:16 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

dallasgs4,

now that how we do!
Old 01-10-06, 05:23 AM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
umm...... and rotora is saying tha they are all "fine" setup? kinda weird. how do they justify the brake balance on all these mix matches?
Your qouting me but I never mentioned Rotora testing or justifying anything, just our experiences and honest opinions.

Quick Reply: just got my rotora bbk for the rear