Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.
View Poll Results: poll: on BBK
get endless!
43.48%
go with stoptech 4 pot front/ and get the 2 pot rear when it comes out
56.52%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

poll: on BBK

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-05, 04:16 AM
aloha08isf
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default poll: on BBK

well i narrow my choices down to 2. and for me its either the endless 6 pot setup or the stoptech 4 pot big brakes

reasons why i want endless:
-EXCLUSIVE name brand wise
-i only see a very few with 6 pot setups
-JDM
- if i do choose endless i will go with either gold or blue calipers....i orginally wanted gold for the jdm look....but the blue is endless's trademark color

reasons why i want stoptech:
- i love the look of cross drilled rotors
- coming out with a rear kit (better brake balancing, and LOOKS baby!!)
- if i choose stoptech i will go with black calipers
- i seen nothing but great reviews on them

i have looked at brembo but i have seen a few brembo GT BBKs here in hawaii....and i know stoptech is not as prestige as brembo or endless...but stoptech is coming out with a matching 2 pot rear kit!
Old 05-12-05, 09:26 AM
GammaLex
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Why get a 6 pot Endless and a 4 pot Stoptech? The 6 pot Stoptech is still cheaper than the Endless. Whats wrong with the Rotora? Also I voted for the Stoptech front and rear.
Old 05-12-05, 10:02 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Well, which is more important to you?

Exclusivity and braking power (at the potential risk of balance)

vs.

Looks and balance

I think the 6-pots BBKs do give a bit more braking power than the 4-pots but I am not sure what that does to overall balance. Endless is a good racing company so I am sure they put in the R&D.

StopTechs do brake better but they have always maintained that the front setup is balanced with the OEM rear. If you read between the lines, that means that the new rear kit is mostly for looks.

The Endless will set you back 3k+ while the full StopTech setup will be 4k+.

For me it is hard to say, they both are awesome mods and it comes down to your needs and budget.
Old 05-12-05, 10:04 AM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by GammaLex
Why get a 6 pot Endless and a 4 pot Stoptech? The 6 pot Stoptech is still cheaper than the Endless.
Gamma,

The StopTechs are 4 pistons. They do not make a 6-piston setup.
Old 05-12-05, 10:22 AM
GSing430
Racer

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

i was just over at a shop a few days ago to check out the Endless setup, for the price, the quality and contruction of the caliper itself didn't meet my expectations. ie the color was not consistant and it was spotty here and there, the front part and the back part of the caliper that came together did not line up perfectly, the metal part of the brake pads were not cut smoothly as some that i have seen.. . in terms of performance i don't have an opinion of it since i don't have first hands experience. as for the stoptech, i haven't gotten a chance to look at one up close. i would lean towards the stoptech. if you want exclusive bbk, look into the Alcon or the Sessions.
Old 05-12-05, 11:01 AM
Neo
The One

Originally Posted by GSing430
if you want exclusive bbk, look into the Alcon or the Sessions.
Alcon are rebadged in the US as Baer. I am not sure they even have Lexus fitment. I've seen them on Aristos though.

Session, I did not even know they have a BBK. Unless they have put heavy R&D into it, they probably just rebadged someone else's kit. If it is their own, I don't think they are known to be a brake company and I'd be reluctant to put it on the car.

Last edited by Neo; 05-12-05 at 11:17 AM.
Old 05-12-05, 01:40 PM
StopTech
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by aloha03gs
well i narrow my choices down to 2. and for me its either the endless 6 pot setup or the stoptech 4 pot big brakes

reasons why i want endless:
-EXCLUSIVE name brand wise
-i only see a very few with 6 pot setups
-JDM
- if i do choose endless i will go with either gold or blue calipers....i orginally wanted gold for the jdm look....but the blue is endless's trademark color

reasons why i want stoptech:
- i love the look of cross drilled rotors
- coming out with a rear kit (better brake balancing, and LOOKS baby!!)
- if i choose stoptech i will go with black calipers
- i seen nothing but great reviews on them

i have looked at brembo but i have seen a few brembo GT BBKs here in hawaii....and i know stoptech is not as prestige as brembo or endless...but stoptech is coming out with a matching 2 pot rear kit!

FYI, we have blue and gold as well. Gold is much like the gold on the 350z track model, and the Subie STi. The blue is just a plain blue. Those colors are an option at $200
Old 05-12-05, 03:50 PM
svt5150
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ehhh... Go with Project Mu
Old 05-12-05, 04:07 PM
bluelex
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

From the 2 option you gave I would go with the stop tech. Not sure if you can get a 355mm endless set up for up front, if so than get the endless. Stoptech is a 4pot with a 355mm rotor which is a good conbo of haveing not too much power up front while still haveing the massive looking rotors. good luck,
Old 05-12-05, 05:27 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Yep, you won't regret getting the StopTech system(s). I've driven about 40K miles on my 355mm front kit, same pads, same rotors. And the StopTech guys are true professionals- not to say Endless isn't professional, but I don't see them posting on Club Lexus... or showing much enthusiasm for the Lexus market, for that matter.

Another factor to consider: when you finally do need new pads or rotors, StopTech is more local for us U.S. folks... and there are several pad choices if you decide to track the car.

No brainer... StopTech all the way!

Regards,
Bob
Old 05-12-05, 08:36 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

i have had the ENDLESS setup for a while now

for me ...i love it ....

i can think of like 5 people who have them (if you want to be a part of exclusive club )

if i need parts ..i know the distrubitor in Cali ...i agree that they are not for everybody

price wise..looks wise ..etc

but performance wise ....id like any local member to come take a ride in my car or try it yourself

you can read post after post and hear this explanation and that explanation

but nothing is better than actually experiencing it first hand

if you guys want i can ask one of the Endless guys to come on here ?

to give you the technical info

Old 05-12-05, 09:08 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

if i were you, i would get stoptech. the endless you just pay so much for exclusiveness and it's not like they are really anything spectacular

how about ap racing? hahhaa, i just have to rub it in
Old 05-12-05, 10:08 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rominl
if i were you, i would get stoptech. the endless you just pay so much for exclusiveness and it's not like they are really anything spectacular

how about ap racing? hahhaa, i just have to rub it in
Henry, ur too funny man ... Every time I think of ap racing, I think of Stillen or Maxima... j/k bro...

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 05-12-05 at 10:13 PM.
Old 05-12-05, 10:41 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally Posted by LXOGOOD
Henry, ur too funny man ... Every time I think of ap racing, I think of Stillen or Maxima... j/k bro...
man, really no love huh? ok, i went to the UK to get my ap racing and then ship them back here, how about that
Old 05-13-05, 09:21 AM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
the endless you just pay so much for exclusiveness and it's not like they are really anything spectacular
what are you basing this on ....have you had a set or driven in car equipped with ENDLESS

please explain to me ...i really would love to hear the reason for you saying this

Quick Reply: poll: on BBK