Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Is Lifetime alignment worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-05, 11:10 PM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is Lifetime alignment worth it?

So I heard that Tires Plus is offering some deal where they're offering:

For $200 you get lifetime service on these:
- oil & filter change
- tire rotation, balance & alignment

My 98 GS400's got TEIN HA's on it with a 1.5" drop.

1. Is Tires Plus worth it? Or should I just pay $120 for a custom alignment?
2. Would they even take me under this program since my car's lowered?
Old 03-29-05, 12:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

is the lifetime alignment on the lifetime of the tires? usually that's the case, something like the alignment is on the set of tires you got on the rim

anyway, if it's really lifetime as in forever, i think that's a nice deal, considering how easily the alignment on the gs can be knocked out
Old 03-29-05, 01:06 AM
Dsmart
Pole Position

depends if you have a wreck or not, I got liftetime alignment and 2 days later totalled the car, but it is for the life of the car not the tires romini you been to firestone lately?
Old 03-29-05, 01:22 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by Dsmart
depends if you have a wreck or not, I got liftetime alignment and 2 days later totalled the car, but it is for the life of the car not the tires romini you been to firestone lately?
nop, coz' personally i don't care about those lifetime thing. i only trust people that i know, i can't even trust those people putting my lowered car on the alignment machine without scratching my kits
Old 03-29-05, 06:08 AM
kevs
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rominl
nop, coz' personally i don't care about those lifetime thing. i only trust people that i know, i can't even trust those people putting my lowered car on the alignment machine without scratching my kits
Yeap, it's stuff like that that has me wondering if this TRULY is worth it. Plus, if they align it to factory spec, isn't it kinda' whack since my car is not sitting at factory spec?
Old 03-29-05, 09:28 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally Posted by kevs
Yeap, it's stuff like that that has me wondering if this TRULY is worth it. Plus, if they align it to factory spec, isn't it kinda' whack since my car is not sitting at factory spec?
well, TRYING to put it to factory spec is what they should do, that's true, but it will still be out

but yes, if you don't know the peple there who will really take care of your car, i would probably stay away. have you seen your lowered car getting on the hunter machines? i don't know about others, but my gs always have a touch time getting on, a lot of care has to be taken
Old 03-29-05, 09:33 AM
chicagoblknazn
Lead Lap

NTB has the same thing. I got brakes there a couple weeks ago and saw that they had 3 different packages for different timeframes. It interested me honestly. they were all under $200 and a couple alignments would cover that cost, so I was thinking that I could get an alignment anytime I wanted.

They were really careful with my aggressive drop and pretty honest with me....so I'll think about it.
Old 03-29-05, 09:26 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a brand new Tires Plus by me and will have to check it out. If the alignment is for the life of the car not tire then it is worth it.

I used to have a 3 year alignment guarantee with Tire Kingdom and the last time I took it there the assclown that did the alignment forgot to tighten some bolt and it came loose and my passenger front tire was turned about 10 degrees towards the outside while the driver side tire was perfectly straight. I took it to Tires Plus and they fixed it and did an alignment for cheap. I will hopefully check out this deal and see if it is worth it.
Old 04-19-05, 04:06 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
I have a brand new Tires Plus by me and will have to check it out. If the alignment is for the life of the car not tire then it is worth it.

I used to have a 3 year alignment guarantee with Tire Kingdom and the last time I took it there the assclown that did the alignment forgot to tighten some bolt and it came loose and my passenger front tire was turned about 10 degrees towards the outside while the driver side tire was perfectly straight. I took it to Tires Plus and they fixed it and did an alignment for cheap. I will hopefully check out this deal and see if it is worth it.

have you ever used Lanning, Rich?
Old 04-19-05, 08:24 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

I have bought all my tires from lanning for the past 4 years. They always get me a great price, although I can get better prices off the internet and go to Tire Kingdom and have the wheels mounted cheap but then I KNOW my wheels will be scratched. With Lanning they take their time and do a great job and I have had no problems at all. They take very good care of me, but for my alignments I go to Tires Plus. There is a new one on Universtiy that is close to my house so I am going to start using them. I know Lanning is a little bit more expensive with the alignments but the one that does it is quite a drive for me. I go to the Lanning on Lime Ave in Sarasota, close to Ed Smith Stadium. I would really recommend them for their customer service and they WILL take care of your car like it is their own
Old 04-20-05, 05:09 AM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

I just had Lanning ballance and rotate my stock 16s. The Venice Lanning tried twice but they still weren't right(their Hunter machine was broke) so they sent me to the Lanning off Clark Rd. They did a good job. More professional than the Venice guys too. How come you don't have them do your alignment? The damn dealer charges $130!
Old 04-20-05, 03:29 PM
GS300Rich
Lexus Fanatic

The tires plus is about .5 miles from my house on University. I dont feel like driving to clark for an alignment all the time. I usually go about every 1.5 months. I have an alignment agreement for 2 years that I bought from Tires Plus so it doesnt cost me anything extra to have it done. I wouldnt use the dealer even if it was free though
Old 04-20-05, 03:36 PM
chuckb
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by GS300Rich
The tires plus is about .5 miles from my house on University. I dont feel like driving to clark for an alignment all the time. I usually go about every 1.5 months. I have an alignment agreement for 2 years that I bought from Tires Plus so it doesnt cost me anything extra to have it done. I wouldnt use the dealer even if it was free though
you think the dealer would F it up? they call it a "Laser Alignment" Do you think the Lanning on Clark is more capable of aligning it correctly and mounting and balancing 18s than dealer?

By the way-I'm officialy out of warranty now, so my trips to dealer will be far and few between now.