Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Newbie question...

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-05, 12:08 PM
R1derfull
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Newbie question...

I'm new to this, not mechanically enclined, and not really an agressive driver( we don't have too many curvy roads that i want to go 80mphs around). Do I really need to upgrade shocks, springs or get coilovers? I do want aftermarket rotors and brake pads though. WHat should I do?
Old 01-18-05, 04:48 PM
rheiy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by R1derfull
I'm new to this, not mechanically enclined, and not really an agressive driver( we don't have too many curvy roads that i want to go 80mphs around). Do I really need to upgrade shocks, springs or get coilovers? I do want aftermarket rotors and brake pads though. WHat should I do?
How much money you got? You could leave the car completely stock and its a great car to drive.
However, there's always room for improvement and it just depends on how much your willing to spend to get those improvements. Caution...Once you start the mods, its hard to stop. Reading CL can be dangerous to your pocket book. If you search the forum, you'll find plenty of info on different mods and what other member think about those mods.
Old 01-18-05, 05:58 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rheiy
How much money you got? You could leave the car completely stock and its a great car to drive.
However, there's always room for improvement and it just depends on how much your willing to spend to get those improvements. Caution...Once you start the mods, its hard to stop. Reading CL can be dangerous to your pocket book. If you search the forum, you'll find plenty of info on different mods and what other member think about those mods.

well put.. those are the magic questions but if you are willing and the pocket can stand it , these cars can be made into some canyon carvers with power to boot but it adds up quickly very quickly...
Old 01-18-05, 06:20 PM
R1derfull
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well, I had 20's and tv;s in my GS300 b4 it was stolen. I think I just want to got with some rims, rotors, brake pads, roof spoiler and a body kit eventually. I'm not to sure about tv's cause that's kinda what got my 1st GS stolen. Just wondereing if I need springs or coilovers just to cruise on with excessive speeds on the local beltway here in Maryland.
Old 01-18-05, 11:43 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup
Senior Moderator

Received 190 Likes on 148 Posts

to me the stock suspension is way too soft and the body roll is ridiculous on the gs, so upgrade the suspension (coilvers and sways) were no brainers to me, just to make the car more confident to drive. and of course it has the look factor too

so it depends on what you want. there is no "must buy" mods anyone HAS to do. it's all about what you like and whether money well spent