Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Brembo or Knockoffs for Half the price

Search this Thread

Old 12-07-04, 10:07 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Question Brembo or Knockoffs for Half the price

First off I have a 98 GS400, I need to buy some rotors for the front, I was worndering what to get, I had a choice of getting:

"BRAND NEW CROSS DRILLED SLOTTED ROTORS FREE ZINC PLATING, SO NO RUSTING
ALL ROTORS ARE CNC MACHINED FOR PRECISION, AND ALSO BALANCED.
DRILL HOLES ARE THEIR TO DISPERSED GASSES AND KEEP ROTORS COOLER FOR A LONGER PERIOD OF TIME.
SLOTS ARE THEIR TO CLEAN PADS, SO YOU WILL GET THE BEST BITE EVERY TIME YOU BRAKE.
ALL HOLES ARE CHAMFERED SMOOTH." $140.00 + $25 shipping

OR

"BRAND NEW, never been used.
-Free zinc coated so product will not rust, and will look great with stylish rims.
-Cleaned and balanced and also made by the best steal so less likely to warp or crack.
-The holes keep your rotors cooler for a longer period of time, which helps stop quicker then normal.
-Same stock oem size, so you can use your stock calipers and pads.
-Slots are made to even out your brake pads, which bites your full rotor at all times." $75.00 + $25 shipping

I need some of your professional help in deciding what would be the best type of rotors to get in that price range.
Thanks guys
Old 12-08-04, 04:42 AM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

as everyone pretty much knows here , i am a perf guy and always researches before buying , function over beauty always is my motto..

when it comes to brakes do not cheat yourself or your ride.. i had used powerslot once and they proved to be inferior .. they had stress cracks all around the entire rotor surface..they warped something terrible.. so i went with the real brembo casted made by brembo slotted and what a diff in design and build quality..they are abit price at 350 a front pair but they are worth it.. they are made at the same foundry and out of the same material used in their high big brake applications so i knew they could withstand my style of driving...

its your choice and also somewhat dependant on your driving style but for me i try not to operate under triple digits if i can so i need stopping power
Old 12-08-04, 01:47 PM
DetMich1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Say Lex4life,

Are you still using PowerSlot rotors in the rear like your sig says?
Also, curious which finish you went with on the GT3's, silver or satin? How do they look with the black onyx paint, especially curious about the satin if you have seen it.
Old 12-08-04, 02:52 PM
lexforlife
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

still have the powerslots in rears but will change to the brembos soon .. i have the silver the satin is nice but not quite me
Old 12-11-04, 12:29 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got 4 dimpled /slotted r1concepts premium rotors with stainless steel brakelines as well as axxis metal master brake pads. Will install them soon and let u know!
Old 02-20-05, 01:51 PM
nanotech
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Exclamation Drilled and Slotted

I need to buy new rotors now! my rotors in the rear are making some wierd vibration noise when i brake. Does it matter which kind of rotors i install? I am not in for speed and serious braking, i need something because mine are messed up. Or should i spend that extra dollar to get the rotora or something else. The ones i am interested in have 2 drilled crosses and i slotted cross. I have attached a picture so you can see how and what should i do. And how necessary are Zinc Plated rotors. Thanks for the pro help.
Attached Thumbnails Brembo or Knockoffs for Half the price-rotor.jpg  
Old 02-20-05, 03:37 PM
RRocket
Lexus Test Driver

Received 84 Likes on 65 Posts

From what you say, you probably don't need anything better than an OEM type rotor. I have seen sets on E-bay for $150 or so. And zinc plating is nice because it keeps the rotor from rusting...usually only a big deal if you have wheels that show the rotors..