Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

URGENT QUESTION: StopTech 14" rear bbk specs?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-04, 04:49 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default URGENT QUESTION: StopTech 14" rear bbk specs?

Guys, I need some specification help for a prospective GroupBuy participant, that has 14" StopTechs front and rear, could someone please email me with the Rotor size/width (mm), caliper piston count (possibly dimensions), etc? Off the top of my head, I can only think of Redgs4, but I am not sure if his are StopTech.

I visited the StopTech site, and no rear kits are listed. Mods, I would like to leave this post in the General GS forum simply for maximized visibility, please move it to the Suspension/Brakes Forum after today.

Email me with details please, (I will post here when I have my answer!) .Thanks in advance,

Derrick
D2-AUTOSPORT, Inc.

Info@d2autosport.com

Last edited by D2-AUTOSPORT; 10-19-04 at 04:51 AM.
Old 10-19-04, 10:25 AM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I would recommend talking to the guys at Stoptech- perhaps Jeff Ritter (the Sales manager) or one of the guys can give you the specs you need.... For what it's worth, the front & rear StopTech kits for the Lexus are 355mm (14") and use 4-piston calipers.

Be careful with low-disk/deep lip rear wheel applications, as they will not clear the rear calipers (this is why I don't run their kit on the rear of my GS- I wanted LIP!). The front caliper overhang is less "evil" than the Brembo 355mm kit, but still requires a decent disk height.

The StopTech systems are fantastic, I would highly recommend them. Hope you can put a decent number of customers together for the group buy!
Old 10-19-04, 10:25 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

redgs4 has StopTech 14 " rears. Might be the ONLY one with them to my knowledge.

He's not on the forums much lately cause he's pretty busy, but I'll call him to see if he can chime in here and assist.
Old 10-19-04, 10:43 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'll help if I can. What do you need? If it's the Stoptech BBK, the front and rear are pretty much identical. The only difference is the rear rotors are fitted to handle the parking brake.
Old 10-19-04, 11:04 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Yup. The calipers are the same size. ISPilot (Mike from PLP) had the 4-corners as well on his IS.

Although the same size calipers, I don't know if the spacing is the same. A quick call to StopTech would be good to ask. Check with them to see if the template can be used for both front and rear wheels. If so, then the disk spacing would need to be the same as the front although you still may be able to get a bit more lip than the front since the rear wheel well is a bit deeper.
Old 10-19-04, 11:09 AM
redgs4
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And make sure to save what you find. I'm thinking about some 20's myself and would seriously consider this group buy if the timing were different.
Old 10-19-04, 11:35 AM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by redgs4
And make sure to save what you find. I'm thinking about some 20's myself and would seriously consider this group buy if the timing were different.
Haha. LOL! A few scrapes and you are ready to move to the dark side.
Old 10-19-04, 11:42 AM
D2-AUTOSPORT
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by redgs4
I'll help if I can. What do you need? If it's the Stoptech BBK, the front and rear are pretty much identical. The only difference is the rear rotors are fitted to handle the parking brake.
Ok, so the rotor width is the same front and rear? I am almost positive I am going to order him a 2pc wheel, in order to squeeze out as much lip as possible. That being said, I think I will be lucky to get a 2.75" rear lip.

Redgs4- I will definately file my findings on this, I have received a few inquiries regarding rear bbks (never 14" though :eek).

SoCal- thanks for the input and well wishes, if I attend SEMA, I look forward to meeting you, as well as other CL vendors.
Old 10-19-04, 12:31 PM
Neo
The One

Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Ok, so the rotor width is the same front and rear?
Rotors are both 355mm front and rear. The only differences between the front and rear setups are the piston sizes (in which you can't see anyway) and the allowance for the parking brakes.
Old 10-19-04, 01:21 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

Originally posted by D2-AUTOSPORT
Ok, so the rotor width is the same front and rear? I am almost positive I am going to order him a 2pc wheel, in order to squeeze out as much lip as possible. That being said, I think I will be lucky to get a 2.75" rear lip.

Redgs4- I will definately file my findings on this, I have received a few inquiries regarding rear bbks (never 14" though :eek).

SoCal- thanks for the input and well wishes, if I attend SEMA, I look forward to meeting you, as well as other CL vendors.
yup, front and back both 14", and the only difference is the piston sizes. the spacing on the front and rear is different too i believe, so i can't tell the clearance