Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

RVM Strut bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-04, 08:39 PM
NesTea420
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RVM Strut bar

can a rvm front strut bar fit on a gs300 without taking off the engine cover? I know it fits on the gs430 without taking the cover...I saw pic of it on cl on a gs430 but I am not sure about it on a gs300. I have one coming on the way...any ideas?
Old 04-07-04, 08:40 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

Where'd you order it from. I believe mins is RVM. Yes it fits you just have to take one of those circle post things that attach to the struct and turn it around, should fit with very little struggle.
Old 04-07-04, 08:44 PM
00lexondub
Lexus Champion

woudl it fit if you had asome tein coilovers on it??
Old 04-07-04, 08:46 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

askin the wrong guy! I've got no idea. I havent even changed my suspension yet, although my tte springs/l-tuned shocks are awaiting to be installed. Want me to let you know about that?:
Old 04-07-04, 08:57 PM
NesTea420
Pole Position

Originally posted by mikeyboy
Where'd you order it from. I believe mins is RVM. Yes it fits you just have to take one of those circle post things that attach to the struct and turn it around, should fit with very little struggle.
Do you have any pics? I got it of a store from e-bay, its brand new and they had pic of on on a gs300 but that car did not have a cover on the engine.
Old 04-07-04, 08:59 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

yup, thats definitly it! i got mine from ebay. It has bluish posts, and is chrome on the top. No, you dont have to take off anything, you're good with that believe me.
Old 04-07-04, 09:03 PM
NesTea420
Pole Position

yup, thats definitly it! i got mine from ebay. It has bluish posts, and is chrome on the top. No, you dont have to take off anything, you're good with that believe me.
Ok, I take your word for it...I bought the front and the rear bars. I can't wait for the arrival. Do you have any pics of yours?
Old 04-07-04, 09:06 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

i really dont, but i can take them if you want. Heres what i did, I put on the left side and went to put on the other side and realized that it wont fit, so theres a really big nut that you have to take off, i believe its a 17mm on one side and 16 on the other, you need both of those wrenches. take that nut off which will detach the top middle part of the strut bar from the blue post. put the blue post on, but dont screw it on with nuts. put on the big nut, secure that in, then secure the three strut nuts. I used an air gun which is alot easier
Old 04-07-04, 09:11 PM
NesTea420
Pole Position

i really dont, but i can take them if you want. Heres what i did, I put on the left side and went to put on the other side and realized that it wont fit, so theres a really big nut that you have to take off, i believe its a 17mm on one side and 16 on the other, you need both of those wrenches. take that nut off which will detach the top middle part of the strut bar from the blue post. put the blue post on, but dont screw it on with nuts. put on the big nut, secure that in, then secure the three strut nuts. I used an air gun which is alot easier
Ok, I'll try this, if I need help I'll get in touch with you. Thanks.
Old 04-07-04, 09:29 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

How's the strength of these bars? I don't want to end up posting a horror story about them snapping LOL
Old 04-07-04, 09:31 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

i didnt know you can snap a strut bar. I guess its pretty good. I definitly felt a minor difference, holds up pretty well and i beat on my gs3 somewhat.
Old 04-07-04, 09:32 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

Picture ...

Old 04-07-04, 09:35 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

exactly, thats the one. I didnt get any decals, i think thats BS. Unless it was inside the box and i didnt check. Anyways,thats the same one i bought from ebay.
Old 04-07-04, 09:37 PM
brendanlim
Lexus Champion

exactly, thats the one. I didnt get any decals, i think thats BS. Unless it was inside the box and i didnt check. Anyways,thats the same one i bought from ebay.
How does it perform? I'm curious because this is 1/3rd the price of other STB's!
Old 04-07-04, 09:39 PM
mikeyboy
Lead Lap

well when i'm takin a really hard turn at like 80 mph, i can hear and feel the car since its stiffening up in the front from the bar. its good for the price, thats all i can say dude honestly, worth the money 100% i like it

Quick Reply: RVM Strut bar