Southeast For events in Alabama, Arkansas, Florida, Georgia, Kentucky, Louisiana, Mississippi, North Carolina, South Carolina, Tennessee, and Virginia.

Official 2012 Atlanta Car Show & Meet Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-12, 07:33 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Official 2012 Atlanta Car Show & Meet Thread

Hello my fellow Lexus enthusiasts, I love the enthusiasm shown towards the end of 2011 from local Atlanta Lexus owners. I think there is starting to be a resurgence in interest for Lexus enthusiasts coming out to meets and shows, so I wanted to start a thread to list all the shows and meets that will be going on in 2012 to keep the momentum going.
This will be an overall list so people in the Southeast can give a quick look to see what's coming up, then as details for each meet or show is finalized, there will be individual threads for people to sign up for roll calls, caravans, and meet times, etc. If anyone knows of any meets and shows, they are welcome to PM me and I will update this thread. I will start off with listing a few of the big ones, as well as the monthly meets:

Monthly Meets:

Caffeine & Octane
(1rst Sunday of the month in Alpharetta, off Windward Parkway exit of Ga400, Exit 11, lots of high end exotics, luxury, muscle cars, and eccentric sheet metal)

Varsity
(1rst Thursday of the month in downtown Atlanta off North Ave, lots of imports mainly)

Gwinnett Meet
(every Thursday, located at Wild Bill's in front of Gwinnett Mall off Pleasant Hill exit of I-85, mainly imports again)

Annual Meets and shows:

Import Alliance
(sometime this spring, THE BIGGEST AND BADDEST meet of the year, held in downtown Atlanta with over 3,000 cars and counting!!!! This is an entire weekend affair, with many out of state attendees booking hotels, and is only getting bigger!!!!)
UPDATED INFO: We will be holding our Spring ImportAlliance Meet for 2012 at Turner Field in Atlanta on April 22nd. Gates open at 9 a.m. Please follow us on facebook and twitter for up to the minute updates.

Formula Drift
(held at Road Atlanta, featuring the best drifting pros in the country) May 11th and 12th

Petit Lemans
(an international race that's part of the ALMS series, also held at Road Atlanta. We had our first Lexfest event there, arranged and organized by our very own Dave aka DaveGS4, and Mike aka 1Sicklex with Lexus corporate backing the Lexus corral that year. I'd like to organize another Lexfest to coincide with Petit Lemans, with maybe some help again from Lexus corporate to sponsor a Lexus Corral. I've spoken to a couple of people at Hennessey Lexus, so we'll see)

Hennessey Lexus of Gwinnett
(saving the best for last, this was a blast last fall, and hopefully will be an annual meet. Our very own Mike 1Sicklex, again helped arrange this with Frank Mullins at Hennessey Lexus of Gwinnett, with support from a few of the SELOC crew and CL members, this meet was a huge success and there are plans for another one this spring which will be even bigger and better !!!)
Just received an update from Mike, this meet is set for early May. I will post more info as I get it, then we will have a separate thread when details are finalized.

I would also like to mention 2 great Lexus owners that have opened up their businesses to help host meets:

Zen Motors
(Dan Kang is a longtime Lexus enthusiast and owner of Zen Motors and has graciously hosted several meets, even having giveaways, and is open to hosting many more)

Tilted Kilt (John's Creek)
(Bo Kang is another Lexus enthusiast and owner of the TK at John's Creek and has graciously hosted several meets and has thrown in giveaways, reserved seating for us, reserved parking, and discounted food!!)
update: Atlanta Meet #2, January 28th at 2pm

New Meets:

Atlanta Cops and Rodders Show - Atlanta Expo Center Atlanta, GA Feb 25th
Info: http://southeastwheelsevents.com/eve...show-2-25-2012

Toyota/Lexus Meet Atlanta Dragway Opening Day - Atlanta Dragway Commerce, GA March 2nd
Info: Will be meeting at the BP off Pleasant Hill Rd. Leaving at 5PM Sharp

2012 Spring Break Car, Truck, and Bike Show - Twisted Tavern Sugarhill, GA March 4th
http://southeastwheelsevents.com/eve...reak-car-truck

Welcome to Atlanta SouthrnFresh Meet - Mainstream Performance Dallas, GA April 21
Info: http://www.facebook.com/events/242424722506821/

KMS Georgia Drift, Drag Race, SPL, Car Show Championship - Atlanta Motor Speedway Hampton, GA May 13th
Info: www.kossmotorsports.com

9th Annual Flowery Branch Car Show and Chili Cook Off - Main Street Flowery Branch, GA Sept 8th
Info:http://southeastwheelsevents.com/eve...k-off-plus-the

Well, that's all for now, and I'm sure there will be more to come. There's plenty of activities for Lexus enthusiasts in Atlanta, and I've listed a few, so there's no excuses. SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE!!!!

Last edited by veritek; 02-13-12 at 09:51 AM.
Old 01-10-12, 08:13 PM
Eze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by veritek
Hello my fellow Lexus enthusiasts, I love the enthusiasm shown towards the end of 2011 from local Atlanta Lexus owners. I think there is starting to be a resurgence in interest for Lexus enthusiasts coming out to meets and shows, so I wanted to start a thread to list all the shows and meets that will be going on in 2012 to keep the momentum going.
This will be an overall list so people in the Southeast can give a quick look to see what's coming up, then as details for each meet or show is finalized, there will be individual threads for people to sign up for roll calls, caravans, and meet times, etc. If anyone knows of any meets and shows, they are welcome to PM me and I will update this thread. I will start off with listing a few of the big ones, as well as the monthly meets:

Monthly Meets:

Caffeine & Octane
(1rst Sunday of the month in Alpharetta, off Windward Parkway exit of Ga400, Exit 11, lots of high end exotics, luxury, muscle cars, and eccentric sheet metal)

Varsity
(1rst Thursday of the month in downtown Atlanta off North Ave, lots of imports mainly)

Gwinnett Meet
(every Thursday, located at Wild Bill's in front of Gwinnett Mall off Pleasant Hill exit of I-85, mainly imports again)

Annual Meets and shows:

Import Alliance
(sometime this spring, THE BIGGEST AND BADDEST meet of the year, held in downtown Atlanta in the Georgia World Congress Center parking deck, over 3,000 cars and counting!!!! This is an entire weekend affair, with many out of state attendees booking hotels, and is only getting bigger!!!!)

Formula Drift
(held at Road Atlanta, featuring the best drifting pros in the country)

Petit Lemans
(an international race that's part of the ALMS series, also held at Road Atlanta. We had our first Lexfest event there, arranged and organized by our very own Dave aka DaveGS4, and Mike aka 1Sicklex with Lexus corporate backing the Lexus corral that year. I'd like to organize another Lexfest to coincide with Petit Lemans, with maybe some help again from Lexus corporate to sponsor a Lexus Corral. I've spoken to a couple of people at Hennessey Lexus, so we'll see)

Hennessey Lexus of Gwinnett
(saving the best for last, this was a blast last fall, and hopefully will be an annual meet. Our very own Mike 1Sicklex, again helped arrange this with Frank Mullins at Hennessey Lexus of Gwinnett, with support from a few of the SELOC crew and CL members, this meet was a huge success and there are plans for another one this spring which will be even bigger and better !!!)

I would also like to mention 2 great Lexus owners that have opened up their businesses to help host meets:

Zen Motors
(Dan Kang is a longtime Lexus enthusiast and owner of Zen Motors and has graciously hosted several meets, even having giveaways, and is open to hosting many more)

Tilted Kilt (John's Creek)
(Bo Kang is another Lexus enthusiast and owner of the TK at John's Creek and has graciously hosted several meets and has thrown in giveaways, reserved seating for us, reserved parking, and discounted food!!)

Well, that's all for now, and I'm sure there will be more to come. There's plenty of activities for Lexus enthusiasts in Atlanta, and I've listed a few, so there's no excuses. SPREAD THE WORD PEOPLE!!!!
awesome dude!! thanks for the info
Old 01-10-12, 08:24 PM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Eze

awesome dude!! thanks for the info
You're welcome, now I better see your butt out there at one of these meets, lol!!
Old 01-10-12, 09:15 PM
Eze
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by veritek
You're welcome, now I better see your butt out there at one of these meets, lol!!
Yes sir you will lol

Last edited by lobuxracer; 01-11-12 at 10:50 PM.
Old 01-11-12, 03:44 PM
tsoarer95
Rookie

i will be there to most of them!! im always out there on Thursdays with the sc guys!
Any other Lexus owners come out to the gwinnett meet?
Old 01-11-12, 07:28 PM
Heckler
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It is my plan to attend some of these this year. The one in Alpharetta is so close I will kick myself in the *** if I miss it next month
Old 01-11-12, 10:09 PM
SiskoMax77
Pole Position

What time is he Caffinee and Octane meet up? Is it still early in the morning? Thanks!
Old 01-11-12, 10:31 PM
Brian@Vossen
Former Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Bing this is an awesome resource! Thank you!

Yes C&O is early.. If we ever want to park together it would need to be before 8am.. It's from 8-11am and
There is tons of vehicles leaving and coming but at 11 it usually clears out with 90% of the cars gone.
Old 01-13-12, 08:06 AM
Cuztom350
Driver

Great Thread, I will definitely be at the alpharetta one, C&O is one of my favorites.
Old 01-13-12, 10:52 AM
TweakTech
Lead Lap

Have dates been set for Import Alliance yet? I've already got Drift Atl marked on my calendar!
Old 01-13-12, 11:15 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by TweakTech
Have dates been set for Import Alliance yet? I've already got Drift Atl marked on my calendar!
Not yet, but I will let ya'll know as soon as I find out.
Old 01-13-12, 03:44 PM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Looking forward to that Petite Lemans event...sound killer! Now if only we could get our cars on the track! Lol.
Old 01-13-12, 04:58 PM
CJITTY

Received 146 Likes on 109 Posts

This is a great thread!!! Thanks for doing this..I try to make as many meets as possible..we may need to start a monthly meet in the Smyrna area for us NW metro folks ;-)
Old 01-13-12, 08:38 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,847 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by Gville350
Looking forward to that Petite Lemans event...sound killer! Now if only we could get our cars on the track! Lol.
Yeah, to get completely smoked by the Peugeots and Audis doing sub 2 minute laps...
Old 01-14-12, 06:26 AM
Gville350

Received 430 Likes on 384 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Yeah, to get completely smoked by the Peugeots and Audis doing sub 2 minute laps...
LOL! I meant like a pre or post-event cruise around the track.

Quick Reply: Official 2012 Atlanta Car Show & Meet Thread