Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

got burned on a transaction on clublexus forums

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-15, 10:05 AM
ichobu
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default got burned on a transaction on clublexus forums

Need advise from the lexus community. Purchased a set of ichiba v2 20mm from another member. Turns out they are the wrong ones and do not fit. Now the guy isn't responding to texts or calls. What should I do?
Old 11-15-15, 10:12 AM
MikeFoxx
Pole Position

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

That's messed up... if they are unwilling to make things right you should reflect that in a negative trader score so others here don't get burnt. If you are stuck with them try reselling with the correct description.
Old 11-15-15, 10:52 AM
ichobu
Rookie

Originally Posted by MikeFoxx
That's messed up... if they are unwilling to make things right you should reflect that in a negative trader score so others here don't get burnt. If you are stuck with them try reselling with the correct description.
I'm going to give him a few days to respond to make things right. He has another set of spacers 15mm for sale and I don't want another member to get burned.
Old 11-15-15, 11:10 AM
ichobu
Rookie

Default buyer beware -shady spacer transaction

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...us-forums.html

I don't know why mods moved my thread to site suggestion problems but here's a link
Old 11-15-15, 11:11 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

I'll try to help you out, but I have to say you made a very unwise purchase from a member with one single post in the forums who posted in another members sale thread.

Looks like he's got two IDs so try PMing both of them

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/3ge...m-spacers.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...tml?do=getinfo
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/mem...-gregz3is.html
Old 11-15-15, 11:19 AM
ichobu
Rookie

Yes, ultimately it is my fault for going through with the transaction. I'm just trying to prevent other members from getting burned at this point. I'm not sure if he knew the spacers were the wrong specs or if he purposely burned me. Trying to give him the benefit of the doubt. Hopefully he makes things right
Old 11-15-15, 01:30 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Appreciate the head's up. If you used Paypal other than gift, you'll have recourse if the seller is unresponsive. Until this has been concluded we suggest that any issues be handled in private. At the conclusion or lack of, then posting to warn others is appropriate.
Old 11-15-15, 02:59 PM
ichobu
Rookie

Seller finally picked up the phone after putting my cell number on private.... when I call with my number it goes straight to vmail like he blocked it.

I asked him where he bought the spacers from and he said he got it online and was back peddling making excuses he's busy at work. I have vendors that would vouch for me that the spacers will not fit my car and my itrader rep on the bmw forums that I have never had any problems with any transactions buying or selling.

I will post up more info if this is not settled by tonight...

Last edited by ichobu; 11-15-15 at 03:18 PM.
Old 11-15-15, 07:21 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Originally Posted by ichobu
I don't know why mods moved my thread to site suggestion problems but here's a link
I need for you to stop making public posts about the issue and work within our rules to resolve the problem. We've got an iTrader system to provide feedback on a member when there is an issue, the moderator team is already involved.

I'll guarantee continued callout threads will not increase your odds of getting the problem resolved, nor will it help other members keep from getting ripped off. That's already handled.