Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Search Problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-15, 02:23 AM
Marrkk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Search Problems

I'm new here, so please excuse me if I am doing something wrong, but it seems to me that the search function is broken. When I do a search when in a model forum (SC430), using what I consider a focussed term (e.g. "Daizen"), I get hundreds of hits, most of which do not seem to contain the word or phrase. Also, there seems to be no way to limit the search to within the specific model sub-forum, unlike in the BMW and Porsche forums I am familiar with.

Am I doing something wrong? Before I post a question or add a topic, I want to be reasonably certain it is not already being addressed in a currently open thread. I certainly don't have time to look through hundreds of threads to do this, though.

BTW, I did a search on the word "search" before I posted this, and did not see a thread addressing this issue.

Also, why am I a "Driver School Candidate"? Is my NASCAR license no good here?

Last edited by Marrkk; 12-18-15 at 02:29 AM. Reason: Add info
Old 12-18-15, 02:47 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,127 Likes on 1,297 Posts

marrkk,

You're probably using the big red search at the top which is driven by Bing and doesn't give you many ways to narrow. We've also got the standard vBulletin advanced search which will let you focus on the SC430 forum, search only thread titles, etc etc

The vBulletin search is right in the middle of the blue forum bar, but here is a direct link

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/search.php

and

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sit...candidate.html
Old 12-18-15, 11:21 PM
Marrkk
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Duhh.....

Thanks!