Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Lexus Customer Service Forum Problems

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-15, 01:03 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Received 60 Likes on 56 Posts
Default Lexus Customer Service Forum Problems

Almost 2 weeks ago, I submitted an issue to the Lexus Customer Service forum at Club Lexus. To date, the thread for the issue hasn't posted, nor have I received any type of response from the Lexus staff that presumably monitors that forum.

A couple of days ago, I sent a PM to each of the Lexus CSR's who administer the forum, asking what was happening and quoting the post with my issue.. I haven't thus far received a reply.

I understand the forum is moderated, but a 12-day delay doesn't live up Lexus's reputation for outstanding customer service. Considering the most recent post on the Lexus Customer Service forum is dated September 2nd, I have to wonder how many others are in similar positions to mine.

Here's my post, which has neither been published nor responded to:

----------------------------------
Hi,

I bought a 2010 LS460 with 61.6K miles a little under 4 months ago. I have the following questions. I plan to contact the dealer with these issues:

1. I apparently never received a copy of the CPO checklist, which seems to be a requirement, as there is a place for a customer signature, and one copy is to go to the customer. I was given a copy of the CarFax report and a print-out of the maintenance history. Do I indeed have a right to a copy of the CPO checklist?

2. Going over the service history, despite the car's 61.6K miles, I see no indication that the required 60K service was performed. I believe the print-out shows maintenance done at 59K miles, but this appears to be minor maintenance.

I don't know what Lexus's CPO policy is, but selling a CPO vehicle without the most recent required service having been performed can't be correct from either a CPO requirement perspective or an ethical one.

The maintenance sticker the dealer placed in my window says that I should return in 5K miles from the odometer's reading when I bought the car, so perhaps this was an just an oversight. Please advise.

One of the reasons I bought a Lexus vehicle was its reputation for reliability, but another major reason was also Lexus's reputation for outstanding customer service, both components of the Lexus slogan: "The pursuit of perfection". To be sure the dealer has been kind enough to update me to the latest map version for free and has sent me a missing cargo net, so I'm confident we can work things out. I look forward to your response. Thanks.
----------------------------------

Can Club Lexus personnel please find out what is going on with the Lexus Customer Service forum? Thanks.

Last edited by Gbp; 09-16-15 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Correcting typos.
Old 09-16-15, 06:56 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,128 Likes on 1,298 Posts

Hi we've reached out a few weeks back and were told they had some personnel changes and would address getting new team members.

Will follow up to see if they have any timing.
Old 09-17-15, 10:29 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Hi we've reached out a few weeks back and were told they had some personnel changes and would address getting new team members.

Will follow up to see if they have any timing.
Thanks. I appreciate your help.
Old 09-26-15, 04:34 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

I still don't see my request I quoted above posted in the Customer Service forum, nor have I received any acknowledgement of said post from Lexus personnel. My post is taking an unreasonably long time to respond to, and I'm beginning to wonder how seriously Lexus is taking their Customer Service forum and by extension their commitment to provide an outstanding experience for existing customers.

Anyone can provide great customer service when selling a car. It's how the dealer and manufacturer treat existing customers that's a true measure of their quality. The Lexus Customer Service forum on Club Lexus, judging by the lack of response to my query and many of the responses I've read to other questions, isn't helping Lexus's reputation.
Old 09-26-15, 08:51 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Sorry but you have some incorrect expectations about that forum. It is not the main path you should use to contact Lexus, nor should you expect fast service from it.

It's a new experiment for them and they're still getting used to the volume and types of odd questions they're getting. I'd suggest you cut them some slack and try asking your questions either in the main model forums where other members can help you, ask your dealer, or use your telephone to call Lexus Customer Service and ask them:

Lexus Corporate Office Headquarters
Corporate Phone Number: 1-310-468-4000
Fax Number: 1-310-468-7800
Customer Service Number: 1-800-255-3987
Old 09-27-15, 09:05 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Sorry but you have some incorrect expectations about that forum. It is not the main path you should use to contact Lexus, nor should you expect fast service from it.

It's a new experiment for them and they're still getting used to the volume and types of odd questions they're getting. I'd suggest you cut them some slack and try asking your questions either in the main model forums where other members can help you, ask your dealer, or use your telephone to call Lexus Customer Service and ask them:

Lexus Corporate Office Headquarters
Corporate Phone Number: 1-310-468-4000
Fax Number: 1-310-468-7800
Customer Service Number: 1-800-255-3987
Thanks for your response. In fairness, my criticism of the types of responses the Lexus Customer Service Forum has given to other CL members was uncalled for. I realize that many issues, especially mechanical ones, need to go to the dealer for at least an initial attempt at resolution. The forum isn't meant as a Q&A for those types of matters.

Regarding my "incorrect expectations about that forum", after reading your introductory post about the forum, my impression was that the forum was a method for contacting Lexus for appropriate issues that was just as legitimate as calling Lexus Customer Service.

I don't expect an instant answer, but neither a response nor acknowledgement from Lexus personnel to a query submitted on 9/4 seems consistent with the policy of reviewing questions by the next business day.

On 9/16, you said that you had reached out to Lexus "a few weeks ago", that Lexus was undergoing some staffing changes for the forum, and that you would follow up on that. Could you please get an update, and could you please post something in the Lexus Customer Service Forum about the response time situation? Thanks.

I don't only want answers to my questions. As the luxury car market becomes more competitive, I want Lexus to not just continue its reputation for building a high-quality, reliable vehicle, but to also continue and even expand on its reputation for outstanding customer service. That's why I think Lexus offering a Lexus Customet Service Forum on this site is important: it gives Lexus an opportunity to stand out against its competitors.

I want to see Lexus succeed in attracting new customers and retaining existing ones, hence this overly-long argument for improving the response time on the Lexus Customer Service Forum.
Old 09-27-15, 09:37 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Lexus started answering some questions on 9/16 if you look at the forum.

Again there is a phone number listed in that introductory thread (and above) to call if you need faster customer service.

I've edited the intro post to make it more clear and set expectations that forum is a secondary method and if you need something more quickly, pick up your phone and dial.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 09-27-15 at 09:41 AM.
Old 09-27-15, 10:03 AM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

Lexus started answering some questions on 9/16 if you look at the forum.

Again there is a phone number listed in that introductory thread (and above) to call if you need faster customer service.

I've edited the intro post to make it more clear and set expectations that forum is a secondary method and if you need something more quickly, pick up your phone and dial.
Thanks for modifying your introductory post to give people a more realistic idea of what to expect from the forum. Perhaps Lexus will eventually improve the staffing levels so that the forum will be a reliable source of responses from Lexus within a reasonable timeframe.

I'll give it a while longer, and if no response is forthcoming, I'll use other means to contact Lexus customer service.
Old 09-27-15, 10:14 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

I'll also give you my opinion that your posted questions are much better suited for the dealer you bought your vehicle from vs Lexus Corp.

There is no 'big ticket item' on the 60K service; I'd suggest you compare to what you see in your vehicle's maintenance log and ask your dealer about anything missed:
  • Cabin filter
  • Engine filter
  • rotate tires
  • radiator flush
  • fuel system cleaner
  • Oil Change
  • Wiper blades
  • Key fob battery

That 5K mileage sticker is just an oil change reminder; it just means the dealer changed your oil before selling you the car so at least one of the items above was done.
Old 09-28-15, 08:34 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

I'll also give you my opinion that your posted questions are much better suited for the dealer you bought your vehicle from vs Lexus Corp.

There is no 'big ticket item' on the 60K service; I'd suggest you compare to what you see in your vehicle's maintenance log and ask your dealer about anything missed:
  • Cabin filter
  • Engine filter
  • rotate tires
  • radiator flush
  • fuel system cleaner
  • Oil Change
  • Wiper blades
  • Key fob battery

That 5K mileage sticker is just an oil change reminder; it just means the dealer changed your oil before selling you the car so at least one of the items above was done.
You're missing one "big ticket item" for the 60K service: spark plug replacement. Yes, I will run a comparison to what was done at the last service and thus might not be necessary for the 60K one. I'll attach the 55K, 60K, and 65K recommended services.

I merely wished to get the official Lexus policy (if any) about selling CPO vehicles with the most recent required scheduled maintenance having been performed. For example, I believe Mercedes CPO vehicles have had the most recent required maintenance performed. Naturally, I'd discuss my concerns with the dealer after having received the information from Lexus.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Attached Thumbnails Lexus Customer Service Forum Problems-image.jpg  
Old 10-17-15, 01:49 PM
Gbp
Lexus Champion

RIt looks like my story will have a good ending! After still not seeing a response on our Lexus customer service, I finally took DaveGS4's advice and called Lexus Customer Service. My issue was that the 60K service, a pretty significant service that included spark plug replacement, hadn't been performed before I bought my CPO car, which had 61.6K miles.

The initial CSR was polite, friendly, and took down my information about my CPO LS460 not having the 60K service done before I purchased it. I asked her if it was Lexus's policy to ensure the most recent required service would have been performed on a CPO vehicle. She checked with her supervisor who said: "No."

The CSR then opened a case for me, documenting the details asKed how I wanted the problem resolved. i requested that Lexus pay for the 60K service. The CSR gave me a case number and said a case manager would call me within a couple of business days. I thanked her and we ended the call. I didn't know if I'd succeed with my request, but I was really impressed with the CSR.

To my surprise, I received a call a few hours later from my case manager. He confirmed the details, and we discussed my request for the free 60K service. I said that because the dealer I bought the car from, Fresno Lexus was 175 miles away and since my local dealer, Lexus of Marin, was only 15 miles away, I'd prefer to have the service done locally. The case manager said he'd reach out to both dealers and see what could be done. He also asked if I was a first-time Lexus owner, and I said I was.

I also said although I thought Fresno Lexus should have performed the service, the overall sales experience was excellent and I was even given the most recent map update for free, an item I had forgotten about when we negotiated price. (A sure sign that my negotiating skills are awful, but that's another story!) The case manager said he'd call me within a couple of days and let me know the result.

Again, to my surprise, the case manager called a couple hours later to say that Lexus had authorized a credit at any Lexus dealer for the 60K service.

Props to DaveGS4 for his suggestion, the Lexus CSR, Jaclyn, the case manager, Jake, Lexus of Marin, and last but not least, Lexus itself!

Edit: I removed Fresno Lexus from my "props" statement because I just found out that it was solely Lexus of Marin who agreed to the credit. To be more precise, the credit is for whatever 60K mile services weren't already done as part of the CPO process (or I assume the free first CPO oil change I just had performed. Since that covers spark plug replacement, I'm happy with the result.

Last edited by Gbp; 10-19-15 at 08:47 AM.
Old 10-17-15, 02:30 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Always good to hear great resolution to issues like this! Props to Lexus, this sort of thing makes for loyal customers.