Site Suggestions & Problems Bring up any suggestions, questions or problems concerning ClubLexus. If you need to test a forum feature, post here too. Note - questions about your Lexus do not belong in this forum!

Why is there no Lexus rep on this board?

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-10, 05:05 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Why is there no Lexus rep on this board?

It would be nice if there were Lexus reps more active on this board. Some of the other forums I participate on have OEM reps who can be very helpful - both in correcting misperceptions, and in keeping people up to date on what is going on.

For instance, I would have loved to hear on this forum about what is going on the F-sport sways. There is a whole thread on that, full of concerns by customers, and speculation about what is going on. How hard would it be for a rep to come on and say they are working on it but don't have a timeline for a fix. Even that would be more comfort than radio silence.

It seems that people have also been having some issues with dealers, and those are another area where reps could announce themselves and ask to talk on the phone to obtain more info.

Dave down below says they are doing these things behind the scenes. Well the may be, but they can't be doing it well. The F-sport sway thread is a brilliant example of this. It has a boat load of comments by people who have issues and have no idea what is going on. If there was stuff going on behind the scenes, they would have heard from them.

Last edited by *Batman*; 02-07-10 at 09:09 PM.
Old 02-07-10, 05:06 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Because the old people that use the tape deck found in the GS models don't use web forums.
Old 02-07-10, 05:17 PM
BinaryJay
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

They could call any of us on this board and get the same ideas for much cheaper.

To be fair, in the Canada subforum there is a salesperson from an Ontario dealership on there that is helping people out with things.

In general, big business is being slow to adapt to the real ways that customers communicate about their products. It used to be trade shows etc. They have caught on to the buzz of dumb crap like Twitter and Facebook, but I still think forums are where brand images are made and broken.
Old 02-07-10, 06:50 PM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

There are dozens (perhaps hundreds) of Lexus employees including representatives from both corporate and dealerships active on Club Lexus. They don't announce themselves as a formal channel for communication and issue resolution because it's not part of their strategy to do so and its a little more complex than you make it sound. For example, it becomes an ongoing expectation of your customers that you constantly monitor your PM inbox on Club Lexus just like they staff their 800 Lexus call center.

I have to disagree with you that participation on CL, Facebook, etc has a ghost of a chance to turn Toyota's problems around in 8 weeks. I do agree they can certainly learn a lot from our members and our opinons, concerns, etc.

Last edited by DaveGS4; 02-08-10 at 09:18 AM.
Old 02-07-10, 09:10 PM
*Batman*
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
There are dozens (perhaps hundreds) of Lexus employees including representatives from both corporate and dealerships active on Club Lexus. They don't announce themselves as a formal channel for communication and issue resolution because it's not part of their strategy to do so and its a little more complex than you make it sound. For example, it becomes an ongoing expectation of your customers that you constantly monitor your PM inbox on Club Lexus just like they staff their 800 Lexus call center.
If this is true, you should direct them to the GS3 forum. As far as I can tell there are a couple of dozen people who have noisy F-sport sways who haven't heard anything from these hundreds of undercover Lexus reps!
Old 02-08-10, 09:18 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Originally Posted by batman75
If this is true, you should direct them to the GS3 forum. As far as I can tell there are a couple of dozen people who have noisy F-sport sways who haven't heard anything from these hundreds of undercover Lexus reps!
Honestly I suspect they have a number of higher priority concerns to deal with right now. I'm not saying your loud sway bars are something they should disregard fixing but a couple dozen people with a knocking noise complaint doesn't really register in the scale of Toyota / Lexus current PR and recall issues.

I suggest keep pressuring your local dealer. The 'go for a test drive with me' approach to have a service rep to listen to the problem and personally hear it works a lot better than anonymous online complaints. Ask them to escalate a fix through their channels; IMO will be more effective and get you to the right folks faster.
Old 02-21-10, 06:11 PM
LIMS407
Pole Position

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i told my service adviser about clublexus, he told me the site is for ghetto people who doesnt even have lexus hahaha...
Old 02-22-10, 07:39 PM
ReyRey305
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

and thats why he got fired, HAHAHAH.....