SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

Finally got my sc430 but have a couple of questions

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-12, 09:26 PM
UofOMom
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally got my sc430 but have a couple of questions

I finally found my car! Loving my 2004 Midnight Amethyst Pearl with ecru interior. There were a few little things that we need help with. One of the things I was wondering about, and I know the forum can help me, is the carpet mats don't seem to match the interior color. It seems that the mats are more of a carmel tan while the interior is more of the beige ecru. Is that usual? Is it supposed to be "two toned"? Possibly these mats were replacements. We will find the right ones if these aren't the correct color. I just wanted to know if someone knew for sure? Is there a good place to find replacement parts? It also came with a busted up driver's side visor mirror. Thanks and I look forward to any responses.
Old 05-17-12, 10:07 PM
robertrios
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

my car is ecru and my mats match, if i were you id buy black mats which is what I did on my 2IS, they age better and match with the two tone of the interior (black dash). Either can be purchased on Sewell Lexus, sign up with your club lexus screen name and you get discounts.
Old 05-18-12, 06:01 AM
barncat
Lead Lap

Probably previous owner switched out for the camel figuring they would look less dirty. The ecru is impossible to keep clean. I too switched to black mats with the ecru interior and they actually blend pretty well due to the black dash,etc.
Old 05-18-12, 06:04 AM
IcEnPinKi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

^ I agree with barncat. Most people switch their light colored floor mats to a black one. Just so much easier to maintain.
Old 05-18-12, 06:21 AM
Habious
Pole Position

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Yet again...I have a ecru interior and the ecru mats are impossible to get and keep clean.

If you're going to replace them, get the black ones (IMHO).
Old 05-18-12, 12:35 PM
Rookie

Default Mats

After reading a couple of posts here a while back I put in black mats and they look great!

I'm going to recover the speaker grill covers on the door 6x9 and plan on using black there too.

MIke
Old 05-18-12, 05:13 PM
UofOMom
Driver School Candidate

Default Thanks so Much!

Thanks so much for the responses. Who would have thought to get black? That is the best idea. I will pursue that. Appreciate!
Old 05-18-12, 05:40 PM
SlvBullet
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You should be able to purchase the replacement mirror also at Sewells. Congrats. On you purchase. You will love this car.
Old 05-18-12, 05:44 PM
sebtown
Driver

Our ES350 has the light mats which always look dirty, our SC430 has the black mats which always look clean but then again I have the Saddle interior.
Old 05-18-12, 10:12 PM
12monster
Driver School Candidate

I changed to black mats too, but the rubber ones from weathertech. Why does it seems like I'm the only one that prefer the rubber ones than carpet ones
Old 05-19-12, 05:45 AM
OBP
Instructor

Received 68 Likes on 54 Posts

Good to see someone else has a Twilight Amethyst Pearl with ecru. Not many of us out there. Congrats !

I have matching ecru mats supplied new by the dealer for free when I bought the car four years back. I have managed to keep them quite clean by placing matching size transparent mat covers from exactmats on them. The mat covers have little teeth that grip the ecru carpet mats quite well and they don't move around much so I only got some dirt on the edges of my ecru OEM mat. The transparent plastic mat is available online.

Good luck. And remember, if you buy from Sewell, use your Clublexus ID for a discount.
Old 07-04-12, 09:20 PM
DrTrekker
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Ecru vs Black

I've had my 2002 Midnight Amethyst Pearl SC430 with bird's eye maple and ecru leather for almost a year now. I'm still just as much in love with it as the day I bought it. I just replaced the blown-out woofer and installed blue tooth. My next purchase was to be new front mats. The hooks have pulled out of the lower layer of carpet, so I planned to buy the mats and take them to an auto upholstery place to have the hooks repaired.

First of all, I can't find anything but sets of all four mats to be purchased at once. How would the rear mats ever get dirty or worn? There's no room for people with feet back there! I suppose someone could spill a bottle of wine in the back or something. At least they are only a little over $100/set.

Second, I read your comments on ecru vs black. I love the clean, bright feel of the light-colored mats. I think these ones came original with the car, and after 10 years and 70K miles they just now need replacing. I'm having trouble visualizing black mats. It seems like they would make the interior seem more constricted.

Perhaps it's because I'm female and not as worried about keeping them clean that I'm willing to go light. And "Ecru" is really what Lexus calls that color?

More comments?

Dr T
Old 07-05-12, 11:50 AM
Solman
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DrTrekker
Perhaps it's because I'm female and not as worried about keeping them clean that I'm willing to go light. And "Ecru" is really what Lexus calls that color?

More comments?

Dr T
I don't think it has anything to do with gender. I prefer a lighter color also, but not when it looks dirty all the time. I actually replaced my mats within a month of buying my SC and within a month of low use, they already looked dirty. I have a shop vac mounted to my wall in the garage and that doesnt help-they have to be sprayed with cleaner and scribbed. I live in southern ca, where we have no snow and little rain. My next set were black, with no regrets. The only way to go-and it matches the black dash-it looks good.
Old 07-05-12, 02:28 PM
barncat
Lead Lap

I have the ecru interior and bought the black mats. Worth switching out unless you want to go with plastic covers or like cleaning a lot!
Old 07-05-12, 05:19 PM
Harold57
Lead Lap

Received 413 Likes on 362 Posts

Here's a link discussing ecru mat clean up.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...s-cleanup.html

Quick Reply: Finally got my sc430 but have a couple of questions