SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

BTW: The Best Radiator Additive!

Search this Thread

Old 01-20-09, 11:20 PM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation BTW: The Best Radiator Additive!

Purple Royal Purple Ice!

I noticed the diffrence as soon as i got that put it.. you no longer have the sour heat smell in front of the car after a long drive.. when you wake up in the morning nomore warming up the car for 5min.. only 30sec and the gauge goes to the middle..

its the best product.. better than that express tires.. wynns crap.. even the technicion told me its better
Old 01-21-09, 10:03 AM
kaetamer
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What's next - Shamwow?
Old 01-21-09, 10:12 AM
Lexmex
Super Moderator

Received 161 Likes on 137 Posts

I also started using Royal Purple Purple Ice when I got back from Mexico. I had experimented with Nology NotHot down there and later Redline WaterWetter. WaterWetter does well, but a problem I had was with floaters (looks like pond scum at the top or film) that would gather in the coolant reservoir. I recently changed out my coolant and am following the progress, but so far no issues.
Old 01-21-09, 02:12 PM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Well as far as the stats goes... Purple royal has always been better than redline
Old 01-25-09, 09:23 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

I have never smelled anything on my SC nor any of my other cars after a long hard drive, 500+ miles.

I stopped using radiator additive long ago when my German sports cars always had cooling issues. Never had any cooling issue with any of my Lexus vehicles, even when towing.

Royal Purple is good stuff though all around. If it gives you a piece of mind....................
Old 01-25-09, 08:12 PM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Pearlpower
I have never smelled anything on my SC nor any of my other cars after a long hard drive, 500+ miles.

I stopped using radiator additive long ago when my German sports cars always had cooling issues. Never had any cooling issue with any of my Lexus vehicles, even when towing.

Royal Purple is good stuff though all around. If it gives you a piece of mind....................
You never walked to the front of your car and smelt some heat? after a drive?
Old 01-25-09, 08:35 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Even after running the car and keeping the engine over 4k for 30 miles through a mountain-no. There is heat-yes, but your original posts states you possibly smelled antifreeze-sour smelling stuff. Though I think it is more sweet-taste that way also. Not recommended for other folks.
Old 01-25-09, 09:27 PM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Even after running the car and keeping the engine over 4k for 30 miles through a mountain-no. There is heat-yes, but your original posts states you possibly smelled antifreeze-sour smelling stuff. Though I think it is more sweet-taste that way also. Not recommended for other folks.
So is there somthing wrong with my car?
Old 01-26-09, 04:15 AM
CBG
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have to agree with Pearlpower because I have never smelled anything after a long ride coming from my car. When I first read your post about smelling a "sour heat smell" coming from the front of your car I thought his car must be leaking something.
Old 01-26-09, 07:13 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Rahstyles
So is there somthing wrong with my car?
Perhaps it was just overfilled? Coolant and oil look okay? Temp gauge stays within normal?
Old 01-26-09, 02:58 PM
Rahstyles
Pole Position

Perhaps it was just overfilled? Coolant and oil look okay? Temp gauge stays within normal?
My temp gauge stays at the bottome and gradually gets to the middle and stays there all the time
Old 01-26-09, 04:18 PM
robsvdp
Pole Position

Default Sensitive Nose

My '06 has had coolant smell from day one, had the dealer check several times, no leaks, level never drops -- conclusion: when the engine is hot, the coolant does emit small amounts of vapor through the overflow valve that doesn't bother most people, I happen to be one of the few who can smell it -- apparently so can you. Smells more when it's cold out (the differential of the cold air and hot coolant causes more vapor or something). Ignore it.
Old 01-29-09, 04:05 AM
nabbun
Lexus Champion

i have this in my IS 250 and i've noticed that the coolant doesn't overflow anymore when driving in the city or racing it up the mountains.

also I think the coolant temp dropped a bit during idle.

takes a tad longer to get fully warmed up also

Makes me wonder if this will hurt engine efficiency during regular everyday driving
Old 01-29-09, 12:08 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

when you wake up in the morning nomore warming up the car for 5min.. only 30sec and the gauge goes to the middle..
So a radiator additive makes your car warms up quicker? That's incredible!!

You do realize the thermostat shuts off the coolant flow when the engine is cold right? What you have in the radiator have nothing to do with the warm up time.

Last edited by BNR34; 01-29-09 at 12:30 PM.
Old 01-29-09, 12:21 PM
BNR34
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

I noticed the diffrence as soon as i got that put it.. you no longer have the sour heat smell in front of the car after a long drive..
The front end of your car smell like coolant was because your radiator hose came off and leaked coolant everywhere. Not because you put in some additive.

The smell went away after you put the hose back on and the smell clear up after 15 days (See date of the posts)

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...blem-help.html

Last edited by BNR34; 01-29-09 at 12:30 PM.

Quick Reply: BTW: The Best Radiator Additive!