SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

planetsoarer.com - update and new web address

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-03, 02:04 AM
UZZ32
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default planetsoarer.com - update and new web address

planetsoarer.com now has it's own domain name. Please update any links you have to the old www.users.bigpond.com/pgscott address.

Latest updates:

March 2003
Bleeding the UZZ32 hydraulics Changing the old suspension hydraulic fluid for new Toyota fluid for a smoother compliant ride and better handling.

Happy Days Amsoil/ULX-110 dyno, winning a dyno shootout against a TT, new brakes, supercharger all the ingredients for a great weekend!

February 2003
Lyndhurst Eclipse in a Soarer I thought it would be funny to drive the Soarer in the Outback - then you see the eclipse.......

Brake pad numbers and upgrades Genuine Toyota pad numbers, slotted rotors, EBC Greenstuff pads (my brake upgrade)

UZZ32 Active Shock rebuild - $160 gets you the parts you need - not that complicated.

UZZ32 Active Soarer trivia - some stats, info and pics.

Soarer Videos 240 versus 140 rwkw - who wins? Check out ALSC dyno champ Emanuel's Soarer

High Performance Imports drives the UZZ32 Martin Donnan is HPI editor of HPI, he drives my UZZ32, order back issues too.

From Russia With Love In Vladivostok they drag twin turbo Soarers in the sunshine - well Denis Belikov does!

January 2003
The Complete Soarer Manual - this is great, it really is. The Japanese Soarer manual, the US one, - WOW! But wait there's more, all the wiring diagrams, scale models, parts CD for all Toyotas .

Parts Dismantlers - Partial list of Australian wreckers who have Soarer, 1UZ-FE, 1JZGTE & 2JZGTE, Crown, Aristo & Chaser parts.

Catalytic Converters - A look at Cats for your V8 and twin turbo Soarer, and the difference with the Lexus SC400 exhaust system (US model). Diagrams of all the exhausts here as well.

V8 Engine Oil - Lab results - Two Mobil 1 oil analyses are back. The Mobil 1 did not protect the engine any better than any other oil over 5000 km. I don't care that the oil may have lasted longer - the crud still builds up and the filter still gets blocked - so 5000 km it will always be for me. The Mobil has been swapped for ULX-110 - a mineral oil. Haven't been able to measure a difference due to different oil filters. The Mobil 1 tested viscosity appears to be thicker than the specs - this is odd.

Dash Repair for Dummies - updated with the door chime location and removal procedure.

Fuel Filler Leak Repair - Even if this doesn't affect you Paul Irwin will entertain - my favourite is the big hammer photo.

Air Cond filter replacement Peter Nitschke has got a few pages up now, this one show how to replace air cond filters..
Attached Images  
Old 03-13-03, 10:10 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

absolutely wonderful website. there are still a few videos that refuse to play (3 i believe) for me when i try to view them, but everything else is perfect! you really did a number on that website, it looks great!

video 02011003 will not connect. eagle_up_injzz30a is another. andy burning rubber + andy passing - page cannot be found.

Last edited by O. L. T.; 03-13-03 at 10:17 AM.
Old 03-13-03, 11:05 AM
siniquezu
Lexus Champion

Now it's a lot easier to remember.
Old 03-13-03, 11:34 PM
UZZ32
Pole Position

I've uploaded the two Andy videos - they should download now.
The AVI ones you refer too - I assume you can download them but not play them? They are a pain - give me mpg anyday.
You can try downloading Quicktime to play them - or the latest media player from Microsoft.
You need a fairly recent AVI player for them.
Old 03-14-03, 07:07 AM
Gixer 1000
Driver

EDIT: Profanity

Last edited by pcmw; 03-14-03 at 09:53 PM.
Old 04-13-03, 07:34 AM
UZZ32
Pole Position

April 2003
The Diehard Club - Phillip Island Circuit - 8 Soarers on a racetrack, 6.7 mpg, steak and cold beer. The Soarer is a beautifully balanced car and a joy on the racetrack.

Big Intake (BFI) Ultimate Guide - Paul Irwin steps us through his BFI process with clear pics and instructions - excellent.

March 2003
BFI 3 The prettyboy BFI, works just as well - an essential Soarer upgrade.

ALSC DDII The Australian Lexus Soarer Club Dyno Day 2 - January 2003 - everyone's photo, dyno graph, data file and road trip snaps. Oh, and Emanuel Spinola won with 243 rwkw.

http://planetsoarer.com/
Old 07-08-03, 03:11 AM
UZZ32
Pole Position

Most popular page:
Andrew Vlamos bush page (again!)

Biggest item by Kbytes
Steve Malkin's in car Turbo climb up mountain (as always - 1.5 gig a month still!)

Top entry page:
Autotrans page

Top exit page:
Soarer videos

Biggest referrer after Google:
Richard Baird's FAQ page

Most used search string:
"Planet Soarer" and "Soarer"

US Military current ranking in "Countries" ?
8th

Too many stats for June:
http://web.ace.net.au/logs/planetsoa...ge_200306.html

http://planetsoarer.com/

New Stuff:
June 2003
ALSC dyno day - SE Queensland Paul Gasper (see his car in High Performance Imports No 33) cleans up with 337 rwKW and best presentation!

Air Filters, Oil Filters and Oil A closer look at filters for oil and air, prices, part numbers and oil recommendations for your Soarer (Lexus SC)

Active Suspension Computer Diagnostics Richard Ashcroft has a UZZ32 - after an alarm install the suspension wouldn't work! It was a loose plug! Here's the list of all the pinouts for the computer and range of standard values and problem locations.

Thrusmaster Karl's car is very very fast. He drove it 800 km in one night just so planetsoarer could drive it (well he did do a dyno shootout and two magazine shoots as well I suppose). See videos in the video page too.

Soarer Videos Couple of videos of Karl's huge power 3.0L HKS TT smoking it off the line

importacar.com.au Karl Hardy is a good bloke based in Melbourne. He can get you a RAWS car from Japan or any car over 15 years old.

May 2003
ALSC dyno day Adelaide Martin and Karl both cracked 300 kW at the wheels! Martin's car is now for sale! It goes real hard (I've ridden shotgun) and looks great. Tremendous value for this sort of power.

Oil Analysis, 2nd ULX-110 sample My aluminium wear metals and Boron is up after only 3000km - might be time for an air filter and oil brand change.

EFI Dynamics The Melbourne based tuning workshop for twin turbo and V8 Soarers. Get an easy 170 rwkw on your TT with stock intercooler! AND the V8 supercharger kit (as seen on Andy Richardson's Soarer) is nearly ready!

Japanese C's supercharger versus Australian EFI dynamics When Japanese C's Supercharged Soarer turned up in Australia - the ALSC grabbed it and stuck in the dyno. Also includes some of the best supercharged links to read and Jim Roal's terrific homepage - get comfortable for a big read!

Twin turbo 1UZ-FE V8 in Lexus LS400 David Phan installed twin turbos on his Lexus V8 LS400 (Celsior). Information, research, videos, photos, dyno testing - it's all there.

10 000 km Rubber bush update What a success. The only bush to make your Soarer like new. People love them. I race with them.

Thanks to all for their contributions!
cheers
Peter Scott
Old 07-08-03, 07:31 AM
VSsc400
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

always enjoyed reading that site... not easier to remember to boot.
Old 07-08-03, 09:29 AM
THE_CEO
Pole Position

Received 46 Likes on 38 Posts

awesome site!

CEO
Old 07-08-03, 09:44 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Default Very nice

Very nice site and most informative in terms of need to know things and FAQs about the SC and Soarer.
I was thinking it might be a bit more visually appealing if the info wasn't all on the same page but broken up into links of diff pages instead of anchored. It maybe more work, but just my 2 cent suggestion
Old 07-08-03, 10:30 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Awesome work! I love your website...
Old 07-09-03, 06:14 PM
UZZ32
Pole Position

I have been tempted to have an entry page and menus that go to other pages. But that just adds layers and means more clicks. The page loads pretty quick and can load faster than you can read it most times. So in the end I just left it as one long index page - it sort of grew that way.
The whole site is laid out on that first page - so one click gets you everywhere - I didn't want to complicate things by having windows with in windows, frames and multilayers.
It's a very shallow 2 layer site on purpose. - and your right - it's much easier for me to maintain it that way.

Thanks for the feedback too guys!
Old 07-10-03, 08:28 AM
BAZ
Pole Position

THE BIZZ.

baz.

ps. wish you guy's with all your knowledge! could kick *** toyota japan into giving me an S.O.C [statement of compliance] in order for me to keep my uzz31 in tx usa!
Old 10-30-03, 06:34 AM
UZZ32
Pole Position

New Stuff:
October 2003
Upper Control Arm Bushes Andrew Vlamos can now provide superb upper bushes to match the lowers - get that new car feel back again.

Active UZZ32 Valve Body Reseal Fixes suspension sag and jerky adjustments. Eliminate bounce with boot sensor.

54 Soarers in Geelong They came from NSW, SA, VIC and QLD for the West Coaster SuperCruise.

V8 Soarer (SC400) Programmable Engine Computer Harry Lemmens can mod your ECU with more timing, higher rpm and remove the speed limit.

September 2003
Installing a DVD in the Toyota Soarer Glovebox (EMV cars only) CDV, Normal CD, CDR, CDRW, MP3 (185 songs on one CD), DVD, video and audio inputs for X-box, Play Station, TV tuner or video camera. by Mel Grebowski.

Submit an Article to Planetsoarer. Guidelines and templates on how you can submit an article to have published on planetsoarer.com. It could be a tech article, feature on your own car or a meet.

August 2003
My Soarer won't start (why OBD is your friend) I got up in the morning to discover my precious soarer wouldn't start. It cranked over just fine, but it just wouldn't catch. by Cyrus J Lesser

Armchair Racing at Mallala 10 Short video clips shot in and out of a Soarer. See Porsches spinning out, a Soarer overtake a race Porsche on the inside, hear a EVO scream and dive past under brakes - it's the risk free trackday. Includes pictures and fine food guide.

27 Porsches versus 1 Soarer (Round 2!) Mallala Shift kit, harness and practice chops a second off my best time (1:27.72). MP3 audio download of 1 complete lap, lots of pictures and all the times. A closer look at what Mallala does to brakes and some tyre experience.

Emanuel's TT has pipped Steve Malkin's TT in the video kB's - Steve's has been number one for over a year!
http://web.ace.net.au/logs/planetso...age_200310.html

best regards
Peter Scott
planetsoarer.com
Old 10-30-03, 11:16 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very informative site !!!!

Quick Reply: planetsoarer.com - update and new web address