SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

The SC Doctrine

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-12, 09:35 PM
trufanatic
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks OLT to you and all the original OGs of Club Lexus for paving the way.
Old 09-19-12, 01:57 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

Originally Posted by MDSC
yeah dont think that will happen any time soon
It's up to YOU. I recently answered a thread with a smidgen of history linked causing the person to consider learning the club history and making future threads about what they have done to their car or anything else cool instead of a weak question they could have searched for.
Old 09-19-12, 05:25 PM
speedmike
Driver School Candidate

Feels like a lifetime of ownership already and its only been a month for me.... I needed to here this as I go online to purchase yet another part!!! lol
Old 09-19-12, 08:29 PM
AlphaMotor
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
Well said OLT. I'm printing this and posting it on my fridge so wifey and (other people) can see it.
O.L.T. Great right up sir, I almost had a Jerry Maguire moment. Forget it, I did!
King I am gonna do the same thing!
Old 09-20-12, 05:10 AM
GotRiceYo
Lead Lap

What a great write up! so inspirational... you sir are classic! Thanks for everything you have contributed to this forum!
Old 09-20-12, 08:11 AM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

MD, you're terrible. <GRIN>

It's because of the pioneers (the actual word, not the electronics company) that we have multiple inspiring and informative threads. Efforts to weed out threads which might not make the cut have a tendency to backfire- kind of like how a car club disintegrates when politics enters the picture.

The total SC thread count as of this posting is 35,540. The earliest one is dated 2-26-2001; so if we figure that 20-30% of these threads could be considered frivolous or unnecessary, that means we still have 24,878 which have some significant value. Not bad for a serious bunch of enthusiasts.

And as for the messages being off topic or not directly mechanically related- well, I'm guilty of that sometimes (often). I started off a little shaky, but folks here were pleasant and supportive. The danger of having nothing but technical and mechanical posts is that we risk being seen as elitist and almost like machines.

As OLT has said multiple times over the years (I'm paraphrasing here, my friend), owning an SC is an experience. I think the posts up here are a fair representation of creative people trying to enjoy their SC experience.

Whether or not I necessarily agree or even like some of the mods/ideas is not the issue. I support their ingenuity, and willingness to try new things.
Old 09-25-12, 01:06 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

There are currently 1215 threads in the SC forum. Some of you may need to modify your settings in the control panel to get to the first one on 2-26-01.

private messages> options> thread display options.
Old 09-25-12, 01:56 PM
Ali SC3
Lexus Champion

Received 438 Likes on 368 Posts

Well said OLT. I came on here in search of the many many fixes you and others had already figured out by the time I joined the SC community, and man did I read alot of those 1215 threads in my search to improve my SC. There is so much knowledge in some of the most obscure of threads it still amazes me when I find something new to me that others have already done.

And just how you guys contributed to help future members out, well its only right for those who use the info to help contribute new things we discover to help those that helped us.
I went from general gear head, to SC enthusiast, to SC contributor, and now I am an SC moderator.
I can definitely say my SC is the only car I have owned that I would not even consider selling.
Old 09-25-12, 03:19 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

<3............<3
Old 09-25-12, 04:36 PM
brerrabbit
Lead Lap

Default Gahh...

Embarrassed that I didn't check the settings panel.
Old 09-26-12, 12:57 AM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow very inspirational brought a tear to my eye! I caught the SC bug too. I just bought a second one and looking to add to the community forums by posting some DIYs with unique content. I have taken so much from these forums and it's time to give something back. I also have to give a shoutout to the Lextreme forums which have also been a big help. Without clublexus and the knowledge that people share on it my car would not be half of what it is today.
Old 09-27-12, 12:57 PM
spurge

i am lexus
Old 11-08-12, 12:45 AM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

New guy bump since a lot of people will be getting cars and parts for Xmas and need some inspiration.
Old 11-08-12, 07:54 PM
Jos
Driver

I had a terrible SC300 before I bought my current one. It was a PITA to say the least. It cut me, bruised me, TRIED TO KILL ME THREE TIMES!!! Twice almost falling on me while working on it and once going 65 mph on the highway my driver side wheel came flying off... All the wheels were torqued correctly as I work in a shop.
I spend hours upon hours fixing everything I could, rebuilding parts, scrounging and searching for anything I could for it. I spent 2 days fitting an alternator that worked from an ES300!!!

And after all that I sold it for $700. Only because I found my current SC and instantly fell in love with it. Love at first sight you could say. Now I know the ins and outs of these cars, after appreciating every single second I put into learning about it, I will NEVER, EVER sell my current 300. (Y)

I love cars. But in the case of the SC's the love for it is beyond anybody but an enthusiasts comprehension.
Old 12-15-12, 01:58 AM
Clean400
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was just thinking today how amazing it is that such a great community has been built around the SC platform. The car came out in 1992 and it's 2012. In not too long the car will be over twenty years old!

I'm kind of getting the sense that I'm restoring a piece of history now when I work on these cars. It's no longer just any plain old car to me. Personally I have one that I tastefully modify as a "performance edition" of the SC400 and I bought another SC400 that I'm going to keep 100% stock. It's fun upgrading the original car and making it what I thought it should come from the factory with as options (shift kit, torsen dif, torque converter).

There is just something special about these cars. I get a special feeling when I drive it that I don't get with every car out there. The car has a lot of character, class, performance. It's everything a man/woman could want out of a car. I think the SC400 is now a classic, and it definitely shows with all of the looks it gets on the road.

SC400 20 years Old!

I've owned my car for over 3 years now and plan to keep it for a long time. It has only given me pleasurable reliable driving since I've owned it. It's also amazing that after all of these years people are still discovering new things about the car and sharing their information on the forums. Just thought I'd share my passion for this car. Like a lot of you the SC is always on my mind.

Quick Reply: The SC Doctrine