Keyless remote not working

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-12, 11:00 AM
Devor
Pit Crew

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Keyless remote not working

Hi Guys!

When I bought my sc300 the master key did not have the little push button on the side (couldnt lock, unlock doors) so I figured I wouldnt bother with it until I got a replacement key. That day has finally come. I bought another master key and swaped out the button to put it onto mine. I also bought a new battery but it is still not working for some reason. I'm going to buy one more battery just to make sure its not a bad battery. Anywho if it still doesnt work I was wondering if there are any wires or mods I can double check to make sure everything is pluged in correctly on the car or what. I installed a aftermarket Pioneer headunit so idk if the unpluged something or what. If everything checks out then maybe I just have a bad remote(water could have got into it =/) Let me know guys this was suppose to be an exciting day but has left me in the dark. Any info would be great! If I can swap out the chip off the extra remote key I got that would be cool but I dont think that will work =/ Thanks Guys!
Old 04-12-12, 11:24 AM
The2JZFTW
Rookie

Check under the steering wheel. Somewhere around there should be a switch to turn on the alarm. You might have to reprogram it... Hope this helped.
Old 04-12-12, 11:28 AM
AnonymousG
Pole Position

^^Pretty much all you can do, try to reprogram it, check the switch, it should be in the area of the gas cover/trunk release.
Old 04-12-12, 12:19 PM
Devor
Pit Crew

Yup I checked the switched at the bottom of the steering colum it's turned "ON" so thats out the window. I guess the next step is trying the battery again and if there is a "FUSE" that could be blown for the wireless system. and lastly to see if I can get it reprogramed?? Do I go to the dealership for that? I was reading through the manual and nothing is telling me about reprograming it.. Thanks guys!
Old 04-12-12, 02:52 PM
Devor
Pit Crew

The only other thing I can think of is I swaped out my cluster for another one? Other then that I have just sawped out the headunit... there might be caple unpluged or fuse out?? anyone run into this problem before?
Old 04-12-12, 05:48 PM
Devor
Pit Crew

Found a couple threads on the reprograming but by trial and error there is still no signal anyone know where the reciever for the keyless entry is on a 93 sc300?
Old 04-12-12, 08:51 PM
triumph013
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Devor
Found a couple threads on the reprograming but by trial and error there is still no signal anyone know where the reciever for the keyless entry is on a 93 sc300?
I'm assuming it is somewhere in the door or on the drivers side somewhere, because my manual says you have to be within 3' of the drivers door.

On a side note, what size battery is in the key? Mine stopped working today. It was intermittent, sometimes it worked and sometimes it didn't. Now it's not working at all, so I'm assuming it is the battery.
Old 04-12-12, 10:18 PM
CertifiedK
Driver School Candidate

I have noticed that it depends what side of the key you have facing the car to unlock/lock it. At first it worked here and there but now when I have the button facing the ground and the key pointing towards the front of the car when on the drivers side, it works every single time I press it. When on the passenger side its the same only have the button facing up.
Old 04-13-12, 02:27 PM
Devor
Pit Crew

battery size is a 1216, I think i have found it Ive read it suppose to be behind the rear quarter panel. You have to remove the back seat and take out the rear passanger quarter panel to acess it. Im not sure about this whole key reprogramming thing. IVe read once you acess the transmitter there is a hole in it your suppose to put the key into and press the button to reprogram it? Ive also read that a way to reprogram it is to play with the drivers side door lock and ignition to reset or rewrite the computer. Any info or insight guys? Its raining today here in LA so tomorrow I will get to work hopefully somone has some insight??
Old 04-15-12, 07:53 AM
Zeke21
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you have an eariler year SC, 92-94 (and this may also apply to the 95-96) you cant just buy a new key. You have to buy a new key and the corresponding ROM chip that goes with the key that is place into the keyless system ECU in order ot get it working again. This is in fact if the ROM or your chip inside the key is toast. sometimes the antena for the system to read the signal can also go bad. There is a fix for this as well and I believe it is somewhere near the back window. do a search for it and you should find something. but if the chip or ROM is bad or if your keys are just toast like mine where, i.e. the plastic loop for placing on a key ring broken - you have a buy a new set and have the keys cut again.

see my DIY

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...-location.html