SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Keyless Entry Problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-12, 12:51 PM
jer_con
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless Entry Problem

Ok so I started having trouble with my key transponder a while back and it seems to be getting worse. I just replaced the battery in the key yesterday for the second time. I can lock/unlock doors sometimes with my key. I have to hold down the button for a long time and waive the key around different directions. It unlocks some of the time but most of the time doesn't work. I can unlock both doors by inserting the key on either the driver or passenger side, no problems. Since it's not a simple battery problem, I don't know where/how to start troubleshooting...

Can someone give me some suggestions plz?
Old 01-04-12, 02:19 PM
lmfod
Driver

The connection for the antenna may need to be resoldered. If you search there is a thread here somewhere showing exactly what you need to look at.
Old 01-04-12, 03:07 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light
Forum Moderator

Received 360 Likes on 230 Posts

Yep simple search would have found it. It's intentionally keyword spammed so even minimal effort would see it.
Old 01-04-12, 04:33 PM
jer_con
Rookie

I just want to clarify some etiquette here....it seems like whenever I post a question here at Club Lexus the standard response is "a search would have found it". So, I did search and I didn't find it so I posted the question.....right? How should I know to search for Antenna when it's my key? Its as if the members are put out by answering posts they feel aren't worthy of attention. The last I checked this is a Forum not a Knowledge Base and I'm not an expert in Boolean searches either. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the willingness of someone to take 12 seconds to type a response but this is useless to me:

"It's intentionally keyword spammed"

Sorry but that response is too crypic for a dummy like me to understand. I don't even know what that's supposed to mean then it's followed by some random comment with regard to my work ethic?

I really just don't get it. If I wanted to hear responses like that I would buy a SCION or a CIVIC and join one of their drunk, spoiled teenager forums who put $15k of their daddy's money into a $2k car so they have something to wreck or blow up on the weekends.

So enough rants from me. My suggestion is either create a formal, functional Knowledge Base OR formulate a freindly template you can use to post a standard response to a novice like me. It works better than random insults.