SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Spacer suggestions for a flush look?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-10, 10:30 PM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Spacer suggestions for a flush look?

So, I am going to get some spacers... for that ultra flush VIP look. So what should I get?

Now, keep in mind, the front wheels are going to be gone, and I will put the same as the rear 18x9.5 with the same tire (it is currently an 8.5 with 235/40) So with this I am not sure if I will even need a spacer for the front, but im not sure.
Old 03-14-10, 10:37 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what are your offsets
Old 03-14-10, 10:43 PM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Hil
what are your offsets
will be 18x9.5 +35 all around

edit: the rear tires are flush to the fender lip (unrolled) so maybe that could help?

Last edited by SOARhighER; 03-14-10 at 10:46 PM.
Old 03-14-10, 11:08 PM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by SOARhighER
...that ultra flush VIP look.
Lemme help you out here...

Try to avoid certain terminologies/references which you may not exactly know too well because you may confuse yourself or others. But be specific of what you want.

"VIP" style(assuming your referring to the japanese vip) is not really emphasizing on being flush. vip style tends to focus more of slamming the car while Tucking the wheels behind the fenders.

"VIP" involves substantial tire stretching/negative camber and low offset wheels.

true "Flush" involves tire stretching and the correct wheel width, and or hubcentric spacers and/or adapters. that's not even considering ride height.

The easiest way to help you is for you to post a good picture of the car or a car that inspires the stance/fitment you want. and we'll take it from there.

a picture's worth a thousand words..

Last edited by MIGS; 03-15-10 at 02:23 AM.
Old 03-15-10, 12:25 AM
vietunit
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Net

Try to avoid certain terminologies/references which you may not exactly know too well because you may confuse yourself or others. But be specific of what you want.

"VIP" style(assuming your referring to the japanese vip) is not really emphasizing on being flush. vip style tends to focus more of slamming the car while the Tucking wheels behind the fenders.

"VIP" involves substantial tire stretching/negative camber and low offset wheels.

true "Flush" involves tire stretching and the correct wheel width, and or hubcentric spacers and/or adapters. that's not even considering ride height.

The easiest way to help you is for you to post a good picture of the car or a car that inspires the stance/fitment you want. and we'll take it from there.

QFT
Old 03-15-10, 02:36 AM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Net

"VIP" style(assuming your referring to the japanese vip) is not really emphasizing on being flush. vip style tends to focus more of slamming the car while Tucking the wheels behind the fenders.

I know what vip is. I know you are not trying to be rude, but this post is trying to passive aggressively call me a noob. What you just stated is exactly what I am trying to accomplish. and, part of VIP is not only being slammed and tucked, but, being flush with an aggressive fitment. And to get that fitment with these junk wheels I am going to need spacers, so that comes back to what I just said above. I need spacers to pull off an ultra flush look, and that is what I need help with.
Old 03-15-10, 02:40 AM
MIGS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

um, ok.

oh well, i tried.
Old 03-15-10, 02:42 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

you are a noob basically you have 54 posts, no one knows who you are.. and those are not junk wheels btw. 15mm spacer in the back and a 20mm spacer in the front. done, stop anoying people. you want flush get those spacers, you want vip get a GS and air ride.
Old 03-15-10, 02:59 AM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
you are a noob basically you have 54 posts, no one knows who you are.. and those are not junk wheels btw. 15mm spacer in the back and a 20mm spacer in the front. done, stop anoying people. you want flush get those spacers, you want vip get a GS and air ride.
uh my post count doesnt matter, and yes people do know me, ask windex, $c300,lexiss_sc430, angmedic91 they all know who I am. Just because I have a low post count here does not make me a noob. So you should recognize that. I am going to ignore your post. And don't tell me what to get, I am doing a vip sc300, deal with it. Thanks.

Anyways, before this gets more off topic, still looking for suggestions

Last edited by SOARhighER; 03-15-10 at 03:22 AM.
Old 03-15-10, 03:31 AM
2turbo1sup
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

u need to get something like these dawg

n u need to cut about 2-3 coils off ur springs to get that gangsta slammed look
Old 03-15-10, 03:33 AM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 2turbo1sup
u need to get something like these dawg

n u need to cut about 2-3 coils off ur springs to get that gangsta slammed look
lmfao i will get right on that
Old 03-15-10, 03:36 AM
Toastt
Pole Position

I know what vip is. I know you are not trying to be rude, but this post is trying to passive aggressively call me a noob. What you just stated is exactly what I am trying to accomplish. and, part of VIP is not only being slammed and tucked, but, being flush with an aggressive fitment. And to get that fitment with these junk wheels I am going to need spacers, so that comes back to what I just said above. I need spacers to pull off an ultra flush look, and that is what I need help with.
#1 rule: You can't be VIP with junk wheels.

Save up and do it right the first tiiiime
Old 03-15-10, 03:39 AM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Toastt
#1 rule: You can't be VIP with junk wheels.

Save up and do it right the first tiiiime
This I know all too well. But, I am working with what I got. I will eventually get some eurolines or viennas, but for now, I am trying to make what I have work for me. I have done it before with my sr20det ae86. Just takes tweaking and work, but, even lower quality items can look just as good with the right angles taken.

Dont get me wrong, I am not using all junk parts and trying to be VIP. The only low quality I have is the wheels, and they arent really THAT bad, just not what I am going for. Everything else is pretty much up to par.
Old 03-15-10, 03:49 AM
Cleanshots
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

uh my post count doesnt matter, and yes people do know me, ask windex, $c300,lexiss_sc430, angmedic91 they all know who I am. Just because I have a low post count here does not make me a noob. So you should recognize that. I am going to ignore your post. And don't tell me what to get, I am doing a vip sc300, deal with it. Thanks.

Anyways, before this gets more off topic, still looking for suggestions
you asked what to get and i told you the spacers you need stop being butt hurt. calm down. get those spacers and you should be good, but vip means your tucking in most cases..
Old 03-15-10, 03:52 AM
SOARhighER
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cleanshots
you asked what to get and i told you the spacers you need stop being butt hurt. calm down. get those spacers and you should be good, but vip means your tucking in most cases..
OK.....

but out of curiosity, please excuse my noobishness, why would I put 20mm in front and 15mm in rear when all four wheels are 18x9.5 +35? I was always under the impression that you needed a wider spacer in the rear

edit: also, so if VIP is tucking, and not aggressive stance while still being low, does this mean that I should not put any spacer, roll the fenders and just lower until the fender hits the rim?

Quick Reply: Spacer suggestions for a flush look?