SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

drop pics

Search this Thread

Old 05-09-02, 08:34 AM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default drop pics

Can someone post an upclose pic of the wheel in the wheel well of a one inched dropped sc? I'm debating on whether or not to drop my car and back at nopi last year i saw a dropped sc and it really didn't look all that dropped to me. So before i actually fork out the cash for new springs and shocks and what not, i'd like to see if there's a noticably difference.
Old 05-09-02, 08:43 AM
lexlikenother
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have eibach springs on mine and 225/55/16 tires. ( I know I know, I'm looking at getting new tires and rims). I can fit my hand in between fender and tire (at the top center). I'll try to take pics tonight when I get off work.
Old 05-09-02, 09:14 AM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

The Eibach springs made for the lexus give you a 1in drop. You could also get some Supra eibach springs that will give you a 1.5 in drop. A bit lower if thats what your really looking for.
Old 05-09-02, 10:37 AM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey ForNGoods,

If you drop your car 1" on Eibachs, it's about a 1 finger gap in the rear and a 2 finger gap in the front.

I think when I lower my car, it's gonna be 1" in the rear & 1.5" in the front.

Tony
Old 05-09-02, 10:53 AM
ForNgoods
Lead Lap

chris... are u sure those supra eibach springs will fit my 93 sc4? i'm looking at the one's they're selling at tirerack right now and it's a 1.3 drop in the front and 1 inch drop in the rear. the cool thing is they're cheaper so if they'll fit i'll definatly go that route.
Old 05-09-02, 01:57 PM
DIrEctQL
Chicago Lexus Club Moderator

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I'll post a few on monday or tuesday. I'm going to Sound Performance on monday to get my car dropped with Supra TT Eibach kit and get my KYB AGX installed finally.
Old 05-09-02, 02:52 PM
the_ez_rhino
Lead Lap

Direct, around how much does that run? (instilation, not parts)
Old 05-09-02, 08:03 PM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

yeah, they will fit. but you have to use supra struts. I bought mine from someone who had a sc400.
Old 05-09-02, 08:28 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by the_ez_rhino
Direct, around how much does that run? (instilation, not parts)
KYB AGX: 99x4
Supra TT Eibach (shipped): 250
Installation: 210

Don't need the supra struts. When you're getting Supra suspension you need to get the Supra springs.
Old 05-09-02, 08:30 PM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by ChrisSC300
yeah, they will fit. but you have to use supra struts. I bought mine from someone who had a sc400.
Who said? You? Clint has the same setup as I do.
Old 05-09-02, 08:46 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally posted by ACleanSC4
Hey ForNGoods,

If you drop your car 1" on Eibachs, it's about a 1 finger gap in the rear and a 2 finger gap in the front.

I think when I lower my car, it's gonna be 1" in the rear & 1.5" in the front.

Tony
1 finger gap in the back with the eibachs? Right now, I have like a 1.5 finger gap in the rear with my stock suspension. And, no, I don't have fat fingers. Right now, I think I have about a 3-4 finger gap up front...yuck.
Old 05-09-02, 10:56 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

trust me, when you get rims on your car, you will notice a HUGE difference in looks when you lower it with eibachs. I'm deciding on which 19's to get and i might use Supra TT eibach's so it'll be lower. I may have a new look for my SC yet.... hehe
Old 05-10-02, 04:14 AM
mjr24
Lexus Test Driver

Has anyone here actually done the Supra TT shocks and struts? I just dont want to put these on and then find out later they screwed up everything else on my suspension because they arent made for SC400's.
A couple more ?s......will the Supra TT sturts and shocks fit both the SC300 and SC400? Reason is if you look at Eibachs....the SC300 is a different kit from the SC400.
Second....directQL....you confused me....the KYB's....if I am getting Supra springs, would I need the KYB struts for a TT? Are your KYB's for a Supra?
So I assume ride and all that stuff is gonna be the same as the Eibachs for the SC...only difference is a lower drop in the front?
Finally...one more for you QL....where did you get your KYb's and Eibachs from?
Gracias.
Old 05-10-02, 06:42 AM
DIrEctQL

Originally posted by mjr24
Has anyone here actually done the Supra TT shocks and struts? I just dont want to put these on and then find out later they screwed up everything else on my suspension because they arent made for SC400's.
A couple more ?s......will the Supra TT sturts and shocks fit both the SC300 and SC400? Reason is if you look at Eibachs....the SC300 is a different kit from the SC400.
Second....directQL....you confused me....the KYB's....if I am getting Supra springs, would I need the KYB struts for a TT? Are your KYB's for a Supra?
So I assume ride and all that stuff is gonna be the same as the Eibachs for the SC...only difference is a lower drop in the front?
Finally...one more for you QL....where did you get your KYb's and Eibachs from?
Gracias.
According to Clint, KYB AGX will fit into SC300 as long as you get Supra TT springs and therefor, Eibach will work as long as it's the Supra TT kit. Now,I haven't installed this stuff yet. So we will find out on Monday.

I don't know about SC400. If you mean you need to get Supra TT struts for SC400 so you can get the KYBs, then it's quite possible, I just don't know.

Now, I got the KYB AGX for $99 from Tirerack.com. It's the only place I could find that had the lowest price. Tirerack.com buys them in big amounts therefor they get a bigger discount from KYB. If you know a Tirerack.com rep then you can get them cheaper. I got the Eibach Supra TT kit for $250 (shipped) from my buddy. I think it was a great deal.
Old 05-10-02, 07:56 AM
ChrisSC300
Pole Position

just a question. Would the KYB AGX fit springs from a non turbo supra. I have my springs but i seeds shocks. I am not sure weither they are to a TT or N/A. The box ony says 93-98 supra. Also on tirerack they are $99 for front and $99 for the rear. Not $99 for all 4. Thanks for the help.

Quick Reply: drop pics