SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Will Work For Rims

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-02, 07:59 AM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Hoops, apparently the Volk III's are no longer in production, as I suspected. So you may have a hard time finding those in stock anywhere...
Old 04-10-02, 02:11 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great points Manaray, but I think you're missing mine. If you use historic figures you could narrow those numbers down considerably. We do the same thing with my company. We use prior year data to determine the volume of certain diapers, femcare, and soap products to produce and then house in a 1.7 million square foot distribution center. The trick is to only produce what you're gonna sell. If they did their homework I think they could do better.
I understand what you mean though. Shelf space is the big driver with these folks. Why? $$$$$ If they can get paid and just be a "pass through" from production to consumer then there is 0 risk on their part. They make out like a fat cat, but we have unnecessary six week wait times. Trust me. They can do better but just don't have to.

Quick, take no offense. I wasn't speaking to you about the "bragging". Just making a point.
Old 04-10-02, 05:13 PM
SoCalSC4
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Hmmm, that's an interesting point about stocking...

For HRE, there are 13 styles of wheels that fit the GS, available in a total of four diameters, in hundreds of finish combinations. Given the materials costs of forgings, rim pieces, and finishing & assembly, it's not realistic to expect much in the way of 'stock' wheel sets from HRE.

Besides, this is even discounting variables such as big brakes, customers who want 19x8.5 front and 19x9.5 rear versus 19x9.0 front & 19x10 rear, or even 19x8.5 front and rear wheels- well, you get the idea...

The reality is (for a small company like HRE), sadly, the Lexus vehicles aren't much of a player in term of monthly production volume. The C5 Corvette is the big player, with Vipers, Porsches and Ferraris right behind.

HRE does offer a few 'stock' choices (in specific fitments) for these more popular applications, but with the company's current growth trend beginning to outstrip production capabilities, stocking options are actually decreasing.

Besides, HRE is really known as a custom wheel manufacturer... if there are hundreds of sets sitting around, they're not really custom, right? Part of the prestige of owning HREs comes from the wait and substantial investment- sort of like having a custom home built... people with money don't want to live in a cookie-cutter box-stock tract home! HRE has carved out an exclusive niche in the wheel industry, and won't risk its reputation by becoming another TSW...
Old 04-10-02, 05:30 PM
hoops_24
Pole Position

SoCal,

Great points!
Old 04-14-02, 03:12 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Default Re: Will Work For Rims

Originally posted by hoops_24
Work Rezax II
Volk III
Racing Hart C2 (3 pc.)
HRE 440R (Wheel Kinetics stiffed me so dont go there)
I responded to your email no less than three times and you did not reply. That's fine, but I resent the implication that I somehow "stiffed" you or run an improper business. I would appreciate an apology. I work harder than anyone else in this business at customer service, as my buyers can attest.

Here are the following emails... note the dates and times. I responded to your email within 70 minutes of receiving it....

Date: Sat Apr 06, 2002 10:01:39 AM US/Pacific
To: "BRIAN WEBB" <bgwebb@msn.com>
Subject: Re: 440R

Hi Hoops,

Thanks for the email! The HRE 440R sale ended several weeks ago, but since you saw the ad, I would be willing to give you the exceptional deal of $3175, normal price if $3670 (retail is $3950) This includes lugs, stems, and center caps in the standard silver painted finish. (They also offer high polished, brushed aluminum, anodized, powder coated, and chrome finishes for an additional price increase.)

...HRE build time is currently 4 weeks, but it can be expedited in two for an additional $500. HRE has a harsh cancellation policy which I would be happy to go over with you at your request.

I take Visa and Mastercard, and also request a mailed/faxed back signed credit card receipt. (This is the cc company's new policy on phone orders above $2500)

If you would like to process the wheels this weekend, HRE will start on them Monday morning. Also, if you need tires, I would be happy to assist you with that as well. Please let me know how you would like to proceed. Thanks again!

Sincerely,
Dennis Walsh
Wheel Kinetics, L.L.C. | www.wheelkinetics.com | 520.991.7208

On Saturday, April 6, 2002, at 08:51 AM, BRIAN WEBB wrote:

I am now interested in the 18" 440R. Disregard the previous email.
What do I need to do to make the deal happen? Also, what is delivery TAT?

Hoops

Date: Tue Apr 09, 2002 10:33:27 PM US/Pacific
To: "BRIAN WEBB" <bgwebb@msn.com>
Subject: Re: 440R

Hi,

I was writing to see if you had received a reply to your inquiry. Thanks!

Dennis Walsh
Wheel Kinetics, L.L.C. | www.wheelkinetics.com | 520.991.7208

I'm really getting irritated now that I am actually ready to drop some cash on rims. NOBODY HAS ANY!! I understand that most of the nicer rims are imports, but damn has anyone ever heard of stocking to your demand? JIT (Just In Time) Inventory or purchasing in certain cycles would be much better. For instance, during the months preceding winter the stock would be low due to lower sales volumes over the winter. But in Apr-June the state side distributors should increase their stock on hand to levels that match the demand. People buy rims before summer so they can bling bling!! Damn!

Are you aware of how many wheels exist? As SC pointed out, the combinations are endless. Simply look at a Volk GTP, one of Volk's more popular wheels. There are 108 different sizes/disk types/offsets/rim depths/finishes to that one wheel. As SC alluded to, the Lexus market really are not big players in the wheel market to demand such a stock. That said, I am doing my best to stock Lexus wheels (actually have a set of 18x8.5/9.5 Volk LE-37Ts here).

Consumers have a choice.. time or money. 99% choose time and spend less money.

Last edited by Wheel Kinetics; 04-14-02 at 03:29 AM.
Old 04-14-02, 07:04 AM
hoops_24
Pole Position

Whel Kinetics, I did not receive any of your emails! I was eagerly awaiting a reply and even put your email address in my phone alert to alert me when you replied. I graciously apologize for the "stiffed" comment, but at the time I felt the remark was accurate. My question is, can we still make the deal? I love the rims and still would love to have them.

PM me or try to send another message to my MSN address. If you would, also send a message to this address so that I can be sure to get it. That is my Lotus Notes address at work.

Again, my apologies, but I was royally pissed because I had missed the boat on the wheels.

Peace

Last edited by hoops_24; 03-09-10 at 03:42 PM.
Old 04-14-02, 11:30 AM
Wheel Kinetics
Pole Position

Originally posted by hoops_24
Whel Kinetics, I did not receive any of your emails! I was eagerly awaiting a reply and even put your email address in my phone alert to alert me when you replied. I graciously apologize for the "stiffed" comment, but at the time I felt the remark was accurate. My question is, can we still make the deal? I love the rims and still would love to have them.

PM me or try to send another message to my MSN address. If you would, also send a message to this address so that I can be sure to get it. brian.webb@exel.com. That is my Lotus Notes address at work.

Again, my apologies, but I was royally pissed because I had missed the boat on the wheels.

Peace
No problem! Thanks for the reply. Normally if I don't email someone back I am either 1. racing out of town (I'll post in the WK forum) or 2. not alive.

I sent you an email to that address.. Let's see what we can do to get you back on the boat. I look forward to working with you.