SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

auto window switch? (pass side)

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-07, 05:01 PM
NYCsc300
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default auto window switch? (pass side)

do u or have tried to make the pass side switch on driver side auto as well.. (sorry i was sitting in traffic and thought of this)
Old 09-12-07, 06:24 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

good post... i have no knowledge of something like this to input on but i agree that it would be a nice amenity to add
Old 09-12-07, 07:32 PM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Just pickup a DEI 530t to make both driver and passenger windows one touch up and down. They run about $45 and control both windows. It's completely transparent as it just goes inline with the factory wiring and makes your oem switches both one touch.
Old 09-13-07, 05:55 AM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Dougspeed
Just pickup a DEI 530t to make both driver and passenger windows one touch up and down. They run about $45 and control both windows. It's completely transparent as it just goes inline with the factory wiring and makes your oem switches both one touch.
please elaborate, where would we be able to get these from, i have wanted one-touch up and down since the first day i bought the car.
Old 09-13-07, 12:10 PM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Just go to ebay and search for DEI 530t.
Old 09-13-07, 05:12 PM
NYCsc300
Pole Position

O man cool. I'm gonna check this out. Theres something about that one touch feel, like king, being lazy, or having a luxury option. ummm me likey...lol
Old 09-13-07, 05:15 PM
SCpwner
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by NYCsc300
O man cool. I'm gonna check this out. Theres something about that one touch feel, like king, being lazy, or having a luxury option. ummm me likey...lol
I checked it out... its only 43 dollars on ebay and it is for both windows... seems like a great thing to have. It states that when the car is armed the windows automatically roll up and when disarmed they roll down... also if something obstructs the windows it will automatically stop the motor and bring the window down... sounds pretty nice
Old 09-13-07, 05:18 PM
Fireblaze
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dougspeed
Just wondering, do you personally have it installed on your car?

If so, how does it perform?
Old 09-13-07, 05:48 PM
acenase
Pole Position

I'd love to have a one-touch down passenger and a one-touch up driver/passenger option.
Old 09-13-07, 07:26 PM
SCFrogger
Driver School Candidate

umm, if that thing makes it one touch all the time, then what do you do if lets say you want your window half-way down or somewhere in between.

if you could like tap it again while its going down or somthing that wouldnt be so bad. but sounds like it would be a nuisance if it didnt have something like that.
Old 09-13-07, 07:37 PM
CCC-TT
Racer

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

either way, it sounds like its on my christmas wish list lol
Old 11-07-07, 06:13 PM
poser714
Pole Position

hey everyone, I just purchased the DEI 530T and I have a couple of questions for the people who have installed it in there cars. I've read about it and I've seen some posts where people said they've installed it and it works with no problems, so i was wondering if someone could chime in and give me some pointers before I decide to do it myself. Thanks in advance.
Old 11-07-07, 11:44 PM
Dougspeed
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Fireblaze
Just wondering, do you personally have it installed on your car?

If so, how does it perform?
I haven't put one in my Lexus yet, but I have installed it in my S2000 and I love it. Works very well and you can adjust the voltage going to the motors so if you find that your windows go up and down too slow, you can up the voltage.

As for the question about wanting the windows to go down or up only a certain amount, you just have to hold the switch down like you would normally and let go whenever you want it to stop. It goes into stock settings when the switch is depressed for more than a second.
Old 11-08-07, 07:17 AM
soarinhigh
Lead Lap

couldn't you also use the drivers side switch from a soarer and mount it into the drivers side panel on the SC?
Old 11-08-07, 07:53 AM
poser714
Pole Position

thanks for the quick response, I know you get the one touch from the master switch after the install but do you get one touch for the master switch and the passenger side switch? or would you have to extend the wiring from the passenger side to get it to work?

Quick Reply: auto window switch? (pass side)