HUGE problem

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-01, 10:58 AM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy HUGE problem

okay... i dont know what to do

my car wont go into drive without pushing something down into the little slot ... the whatchamacallit

this sucks...cause i gotta carry a little thing that can fit down in there with me all of the time ...and if i loose it.... well... i just sit there until i find something
i dont know what is up

this happened to me before... lexus said it was in the fuses...
they said the turn on for my amplifiers... was in the wrong spot on the fuse.... so that it wasnt on the part of the fuse after the power went through the fuse...but it was on it the part before power got to the fuse so it was constantly drawing power from the battery... i dunno .. .some thing crazy

but i was just wondering...for those of you who have put thier system in their selves....do i put the turn on lead on the top of the fuse...or on the bottom of the fuse..

anyone who has put a system in themselves should kknow what im talking about when i say the bottom or the top of the fuse

just help me out please .... so i can fix it if i can..
thanx...
ian
Old 12-12-01, 11:07 AM
Black94RX-7TT
Pole Position

As a general rule of thumb, *EVERYTHING* should be fused, and the fuse should be as close to the source of current as possible. Although it sounds like a bunch of hockey about the wire in the fuse box affecting the shift interlock.

I don't know much about the shift interlock system on these cars, however some cars have a solenoid under the shift lever which allows you to shift out of park, and its usually tied to the brake switch. Either its not getting a signal, or it died.
Old 12-12-01, 12:04 PM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

Default well......

well... i dunno...tahts jus what lexus said
they said since it was at the point before it went through the fuse
it let so much power go thruough it so that it caused the fuse box to melt down...
i dunno if its just a buncha crap or what... but they said it was due to the stereo...
i just think lexus is against anything that isnt lexus , anything aftermarket is bad... i dunno..
thats just what the dude said..
Old 12-12-01, 04:57 PM
Black94RX-7TT
Pole Position

Oooooh. Hrm. Now that you mention melting down the fuse box, I bet the tech thought that you had the POWER lead to the amp stuck in there. But if you're just providing constant current to the TURN ON lead (don't know why you would, but anyways), then that shouldn't be a big deal....its a thin wire.....right? Or have you confused the turn on and power leads?
Old 12-12-01, 08:10 PM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

Default hahahah

no way... BIG FAT RED WIRE
little small blue one

no ways... its just a small blue wire plugged into a fuse...
didnt think it would cause a huge problem such as making my brake lights stop working
or to not let my car get out of park
it kinda sucks though
if you got anymore imput .....it would be cool