Search this Thread

Old 12-10-01, 03:25 PM
Anthracite SC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body kit comparisons

What do you think of these body kits.?

http://www.gtautosports.com/scaabfl.htm#t2

Look at the GOLD car above w/the flared wheels weels. SICK!

I like the wheel wells on the gold car. It makes the car look SO aggressive.

I'd personally get the scooped hood on the white car

in this link:

http://www.auto-couture.com/catalog/lexus/sc400/

and the wheel wells and then keep the stock spoiler. ANd then paint the whole car gunmetal. That would look AWESOME.

Sorry..I don't know how to include the images in this page

Last edited by Anthracite SC; 12-10-01 at 03:31 PM.
Old 12-11-01, 06:19 AM
importtoys
Pole Position

that Autocouture hood is sick as @!#$$ ,I hadnt seen the side view of the gold car yet... May be the most AGGRESSIVE ive seen on an SC....oh wait..the Veilside is kinda 'out there' But not one that I care for.

Last edited by importtoys; 12-11-01 at 06:23 AM.
Old 12-11-01, 07:50 AM
Red93sc400
Pole Position

Thumbs up

Anthracite!!
Thanks much for those URLs to the kits. The GT Autosports site also has a most complete selection of wheels as well. Their kit page for the SC400/300 is quite extensive.
Old 12-11-01, 04:48 PM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know if you like the Kaminari kit, but there's a brand new one on eBay for only $500. Just saw it this morning. Do a search for "lexus sc300" and it'll show up. I would find the link...but I'm on a slow *** 19.2k wireless connection...so I don't wanna waster bandwidth.

SR
Old 12-12-01, 04:48 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

AutoCouture...ah, personally, I think it's the best looking kit for the SC's...w/o the hood scoop...unless you have a supercharger in there...hmmm...a SC SC...?

Kaminari kit is just a front bumper...kinda ugly IMO...but Kaminari does make some NICE quality kits...they just need a someone who can design kits for Lexus cars...hmmmm....

19.2K? CmputrWiz, you have my deepest condolences...if it makes you feel any better, I'm getting 3167.7 Kbps according to the Evil Empire's (MSN) bandwidth test...sometimes, I have to hold on to the edge of desk

And DSL companies tell me that Cable modem sucks! HAHAHAHAHA! Let's see DSL subscribers get anywhere NEAR that speed...and all for $40/month (with free install, free modem, etc...)
Old 12-12-01, 05:37 AM
CmputerWiz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by manaray
AutoCouture...ah, personally, I think it's the best looking kit for the SC's...w/o the hood scoop...unless you have a supercharger in there...hmmm...a SC SC...?

Kaminari kit is just a front bumper...kinda ugly IMO...but Kaminari does make some NICE quality kits...they just need a someone who can design kits for Lexus cars...hmmmm....

19.2K? CmputrWiz, you have my deepest condolences...if it makes you feel any better, I'm getting 3167.7 Kbps according to the Evil Empire's (MSN) bandwidth test...sometimes, I have to hold on to the edge of desk

And DSL companies tell me that Cable modem sucks! HAHAHAHAHA! Let's see DSL subscribers get anywhere NEAR that speed...and all for $40/month (with free install, free modem, etc...)
Ya I love how people always say "but cable is shared bandwidth, it gets slower as more people use it. Ok. Lets see here:

Cablemodem: multiple people "sharing" a single connection in the neighborhood back to the cable company, then into the internet from there.

DSL: each person has their "own" wire going back to a single DSLAM at the company, then to the internet from there.

Ummm....people....it doesn't matter if you have your own wire to the multiplexer....or you're on a multigig cable network cable. You still are sharing the same amount of true internet access. And on that note...DSL is slower. Cable doesnt usually set a "max" speed you can get. You'll get as much as available. DSL gives you a "set" speed, which you always get....back to the DSLAM. Doesn't mean you get that speed all the way to the internet.

A person on cable will get better thruput than someone on DSL. Don't believe me? Check out dslreports.com and see who has the best speeds....cable or dsl?

SR
Old 12-12-01, 11:20 AM
methodmf
Pole Position

has any body seen the kaminary kit in real life?
the picture look kinda ugly
Old 12-12-01, 09:02 PM
1BomexLex
Lead Lap

Default body kit

I LIKE THE DO LUCK
that would be tight... just a personal opinion

but if anyone can get a price on that hood... that would be cool
the hood is tight
maybe you could fit some guages behing the scoop or something... .....
maybe its just a personal opinion..who knows...
thanx
ian