SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Front right speaker and factory phone just went dead

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-01, 03:15 AM
banking
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Front right speaker and factory phone just went dead

My front door speaker(the 4" one) just stopped working all of a sudden and along with my factory phone. The phone still has power and works but cannot hear anything. I think those two are somehow related to each other b/c my phone has that speaker hands free thing on the steering wheel. All other speakers work front and back. I got the Nakamichi system.
Not too long ago my passenger door would not open so the door panel ended up being pulled from the door without removing any screws. Got the door fixed and window rolling up and down and the speaker was working fine. That was about 7 months ago.
My speaker and cell phone just recently went out about 3 weeks ago. Checked all fuses underneath the dash and the engine. Nothing is blown.
Any info on this.

Thanks
Old 11-11-01, 09:58 AM
The Ikon
Lexus Champion

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Question

Check your voice mail on your phone... I'm still waiting on my merchandise..

Please let me know something ASAP... Thanks

Thomas
Old 11-12-01, 07:07 PM
banking
Rookie

Smile The Ikon

Ikon,

I did not get your vm on my cell phone. I only have the steering wheel left for sale. I had traded the ultraflows for a pair of converters. I couldn't pass up a deal like that. If still interested in the steering wheel, have Dwight give me a call tommorow 11/13/01 around noon and I'll meet up with him to give him the steering wheel. You can have him give me the money now or pay me later when you get the wheel from him. I do not have a pay pal account so that's the only way we can make this transaction work. Not bad of a deal, you get merchandise first and I get paid last.

Talk to you later,

Van
Old 11-13-01, 06:20 AM
VQT
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: The Ikon

Originally posted by banking
Ikon,

I did not get your vm on my cell phone. I only have the steering wheel left for sale. I had traded the ultraflows for a pair of converters. I couldn't pass up a deal like that. If still interested in the steering wheel, have Dwight give me a call tommorow 11/13/01 around noon and I'll meet up with him to give him the steering wheel. You can have him give me the money now or pay me later when you get the wheel from him. I do not have a pay pal account so that's the only way we can make this transaction work. Not bad of a deal, you get merchandise first and I get paid last.

Talk to you later,

Van
Van,

Have you find out what wrong with the speaker yet?
What about the thing you ask me. Did you get it resolve? I don't remember what it was. Either the power mirror or the steering pump.

Viet
Old 12-14-01, 11:59 PM
banking
Rookie

Default Re: Re: The Ikon

VQT,

My speaker and cell phone just started working when I had slammed my passenger side door hard. Go figure?
Thanks for asking.

Van

Originally posted by VQT

Van,

Have you find out what wrong with the speaker yet?
What about the thing you ask me. Did you get it resolve? I don't remember what it was. Either the power mirror or the steering pump.

Viet
Old 12-15-01, 10:08 PM
hokkayh
Driver School Candidate

Hello Banking m ame is Hawkeye the problem with your passanger speaker and cell phone is your wiring harness is faulty you can either try and repair it or replace it I have run into this about 10 times since I have been working on lexus for 8 years. Good luck, the wiring harness I am refering to is in the passanger door.