SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

More P'd Off by the second!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-05, 09:47 AM
Will400
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More P'd Off by the second!

The guy that rear ended me last week has some *****ty insurance company who sends me to a *****ty adjuster at a *****ty repair shop. The estimate he gave was unbelievably low. It's one of those insurance companies that would rather you file a claim against your own insurance even if the accident was their insured's fault.

Looks like I am going to have to come out of my pocket either way, by paying the difference between what they pay and what the repair shop of my choice pays or either filing against my insurance company and paying the deductible and possibly having my premium go up.

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFK!!!!

thx for listening
Old 11-07-05, 09:51 AM
sourcemine
Lead Lap

/leave #teenchat
Old 11-07-05, 10:51 AM
mikeloc24
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sourcemine
/leave #teenchat
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Brett that's pure comedy...
Old 11-07-05, 11:13 AM
Fiya
Lead Lap

That's not the way it works. You can take your car to ANY shop and they will fix it. If the check is not enough, then the insursnce company and the shop will work it out. trust me I've done this before
Old 11-07-05, 11:23 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator
Administrator

Received 2,312 Likes on 1,410 Posts

Will,

I understand you're upset but please stop with the cursing (including working around the language editor). You can make your point without doing that just fine.
Old 11-07-05, 12:11 PM
Koma

Originally Posted by acidrool
That's not the way it works. You can take your car to ANY shop and they will fix it. If the check is not enough, then the insursnce company and the shop will work it out. trust me I've done this before
Yea dude. Make whatever shop you're bringing it to contact the insurance company demanding more money.
Old 11-07-05, 12:42 PM
Inabj2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Will400
The guy that rear ended me last week has some *****ty insurance company who sends me to a *****ty adjuster at a *****ty repair shop. The estimate he gave was unbelievably low. It's one of those insurance companies that would rather you file a claim against your own insurance even if the accident was their insured's fault.

Looks like I am going to have to come out of my pocket either way, by paying the difference between what they pay and what the repair shop of my choice pays or either filing against my insurance company and paying the deductible and possibly having my premium go up.

thx for listening

You can always sue their insurance....
Old 11-07-05, 12:45 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

thx for listening
wow, this must be your first accident (no offence).. You can take you car to ANYSHOP of your choice. You should contact YOUR insurance company and have them sue the other parties company for the money.

is IL a No Fault state?
Old 11-07-05, 12:51 PM
Will400
Driver

Default First accident ever

Originally Posted by IronCobra
wow, this must be your first accident (no offence).. You can take you car to ANYSHOP of your choice. You should contact YOUR insurance company and have them sue the other parties company for the money.

is IL a No Fault state?
I could go through my insurance co. but then my rates will go up or at least raise a flag as an "incident" on my insurance.
Old 11-07-05, 12:52 PM
Will400
Driver

Default What's so funny?

Originally Posted by mikeloc24
ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha! Brett that's pure comedy...

I don't get it.
Old 11-07-05, 12:54 PM
Will400
Driver

Default Will do.

Originally Posted by DaveGS4
Will,

I understand you're upset but please stop with the cursing (including working around the language editor). You can make your point without doing that just fine.

I apologize.
Old 11-07-05, 01:07 PM
slugmike
Driver School Candidate

If your insurance raises your rates for an ax that was not your fault, you should really consider switching companies.
Old 11-07-05, 03:27 PM
IronCobra
Lexus Champion

The thing is, in most states you can take your car to WHERE EVER you want to take it to get fixed and so long as the price isn't too much higher than other shops and is approved to do repairs, the insurance company is REQUIRED to pay for it and provide a lifetime warranty.
Old 11-07-05, 04:10 PM
TMaxxTim
Instructor

I could go through my insurance co. but then my rates will go up or at least raise a flag as an "incident" on my insurance.

No, if it wasn't your fault then you're fine.

I know with State Farm if the other insurance company is taking too long or not cooperating, you can pay your deductible and State Farm will pay to get it fixed and then fight for you against the other company until they get what they need and you will then get your deductible back. I'm sure other similar insurance companies, especially the big ones, have similar policies.

Contact yours and see what they suggest. They're not going to put an "incident" on your report becasue somebody else hit you. Thats not the way it works and I'm pretty sure that could be illegal.
Old 11-07-05, 04:15 PM
aswang
Lexus Test Driver

Received 20 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by IronCobra
The thing is, in most states you can take your car to WHERE EVER you want to take it to get fixed and so long as the price isn't too much higher than other shops and is approved to do repairs, the insurance company is REQUIRED to pay for it and provide a lifetime warranty.
That's exactly what I was thinking. Regardless of who's fault it is.

Sorry to hear about your situation Will, best of luck with everything.

Quick Reply: More P'd Off by the second!