SC- 1st Gen (1992-2000)

Drive Train and Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-01, 09:42 AM
sc400nos

The Ikon, sorry I havn't gotten back with you. This is the first time I have check my private inbox or what ever.

I am glad you like my website. I have a lot of work I would like to do to it, but so little time. I am basically trying to kit info out to others so it will make things easier for others.

I am having art carr rebuild my TC. There website is http://www.artcarr.com. I havn't sent it off yet. I am waiting untill I get one from someone else so I won't have any down time. I will be sure to make a post when I get it in though. I am hoping I will have it in within 3 or 4 weeks. I am also looking at getting a valve body upgrade which would make it shift better and make the TC last longer and be able to handle more power. There website is: http://www.levelten.com/

About my mufflers, I will have to get out a tape to get the measurements and I not sure on the exact model but I will try to look. They sound great. When I first put them on I could not hardly tell any difference at all. That was with the rear two resinators taken off as well. The pitch was a bit deeper, but I really don't think they were any louder. Once I got my intake there was a deeper and a bit louder sound coming out the back, but only around 2 to 4 thousand rpm. Cruzing at 65 was no different. I just resently took my cats off and had a pipe put through them and put them back on. The noise coming out the back now I think is like no other lexus when you floor the gas pedel. It made it a bit louder and a bit deeper sound. It is not unbearable by any means. The cruzing sound level to me is still unchanged. I am very satisfied with the overall sound and performance. Oh, with the cats, I lost bottom end and also lost overall speed when I am not using the NOS, but when I do squirt it I ran just over 1/10 of a second better on the 1/4 mile.

Tice