RX - 4th Gen (2016-2022) Discussion topics related to the 2016 and up RX350 and RX450h models

True Special Order Dates

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-16, 03:07 PM
Vincent05
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Just a heads up. Been on the phone with a sales manager for the past week. He was trying to see if he can do a trade on his dealer allocation with another dealers allocation to bring in the exact car I wanted without having me special order it. Was told the regional manager can't do it now but was able to before.

He also told me that they are taking special order for the 2016 model up to the end of April. After that they will be taking orders for the 2017 model. Not sure how reliable this info is but just passing it along for those who are thinking of placing a order now.
Old 03-28-16, 04:33 PM
sushiboiii
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

i was told they are about 4 months out at the moment for any f sport
Old 07-11-16, 09:25 PM
AZisHOT
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My dealer told me 90-120 days. Took 121 days. Keep in mind the earthquake in Kumamoto shut things down for 2-3 weeks during that build time.

And I agree with the earlier poster - it depends when the regional guy is placing the orders vs when you put down your deposit. That may add some extra time. In my case, the order went in the same week I placed it - so it could have been even longer than the 4 months it actually took....
Old 07-18-16, 07:55 PM
MissB411
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Placed my order February 17th and still waiting...
Was told it went into production April 26th and was expected to deliver within 4-6 weeks. Latest update (10 weeks after going into production) was that custom orders go to the back of the line behind pre-scheduled production.
Anyone else experience such a long wait time, even after the vehicle is in production? I'm getting so impatient
Old 07-19-16, 06:28 PM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by MissB411
Placed my order February 17th and still waiting...
Was told it went into production April 26th and was expected to deliver within 4-6 weeks. Latest update (10 weeks after going into production) was that custom orders go to the back of the line behind pre-scheduled production.
Anyone else experience such a long wait time, even after the vehicle is in production? I'm getting so impatient
Lol. Just wait. I forgot when mine came. I wrote it down in the thread somewhere. You should get yours SOON. Production time is supposed to be another month. Depends where you live to. Comes from canada
Old 07-20-16, 04:25 AM
MissB411
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by aznkorboi
Lol. Just wait. I forgot when mine came. I wrote it down in the thread somewhere. You should get yours SOON. Production time is supposed to be another month. Depends where you live to. Comes from canada
Maybe my guy hasn't done a lot of these, or he's had better luck in the past. He initially told me to expect it within three months (which sounds pretty average based on this thread), so I'm getting antsy. But hopefully very soon!!
Old 08-19-16, 12:23 PM
Curryolla
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default My Personal Experience/Timeline

So, here is how my Special Order went down for me:

April 8, 2016: Vehicle ordered and $1000 deposit placed.
April 28, 2016: Lexus Approved the order. Says estimated Build Date in July.
July 8, 2016: Asked my dealer for an update. Got the v-spec sheet with temporary VIN and estimated Build Date of August 4, 2016. 0.9% Financing offered.
August 8, 2016: Applied for Credit Approval for 0.9% Financing and $500 Cash Incentive. Estimated Delivery Date of August 17-22, 2016.
August 16, 2016: Updated Delivery Date set for August 17-18, 2016 for pick up on August 19-20, 2016.
August 18, 2016: Got the call that the car had arrived at the Dealership. Set time and date to pick up the car.
August 19, 2016: Officially picked up and signed for. Financing taken care of. Temporary Licence Plate. Official VIN given.

Total Time, 4 months and 11 days!!! But, totally worth the wait!
Old 08-20-16, 06:52 AM
MissB411
Driver School Candidate

Congrats, Curryolla!

Ordered my vehicle in February and was told it should ship out at the end of this month. I'm hoping to take advantage of the sales event going on until September 5th, but I don't believe the vehicle will arrive before then. Any tips on how you negotiated financing before arrival? I already asked my sales guy about this, but his email back was completely off topic and did not answer my question. He's the Internet sales manager, so I would think he can make this happen. Any advice is appreciated!

Originally Posted by Curryolla
So, here is how my Special Order went down for me:

April 8, 2016: Vehicle ordered and $1000 deposit placed.
April 28, 2016: Lexus Approved the order. Says estimated Build Date in July.
July 8, 2016: Asked my dealer for an update. Got the v-spec sheet with temporary VIN and estimated Build Date of August 4, 2016. 0.9% Financing offered.
August 8, 2016: Applied for Credit Approval for 0.9% Financing and $500 Cash Incentive. Estimated Delivery Date of August 17-22, 2016.
August 16, 2016: Updated Delivery Date set for August 17-18, 2016 for pick up on August 19-20, 2016.
August 18, 2016: Got the call that the car had arrived at the Dealership. Set time and date to pick up the car.
August 19, 2016: Officially picked up and signed for. Financing taken care of. Temporary Licence Plate. Official VIN given.

Total Time, 4 months and 11 days!!! But, totally worth the wait!
Old 08-20-16, 09:24 AM
Curryolla
Driver

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

The fact that you are communicating with a Internet Sales Manager is a little different to me. From my experience communicating with the Internet sales people...I have always been connected with the other sales staff at their dealership. That said, every dealership works differently.

When I asked my sales consultant about the financing offer in July, I asked, and I quote, "Can you confirm the the 0.9% financing and $500 cash back incentive as shown on lexus.com (http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/offers)." I did not ask anything else. Therefore, their answer should be either a yes or a no. In my case, my sales consultant said yes, but we need to run a credit approval to see if you qualify. No other questions asked. I also knew the car was getting here in August, so I locked in the offer.

Just be direct and firm. If you have multiple questions, I recommend separate paragraphs, bullet points, and if it gets really bad, separate e-mails with one question each...

You should have no problem getting the 0.9% Financing and $500 Cash Incentive (depending on your credit score). In fact, I think it should still be available after September 6th.

Also, I'd raise some hell if you really did order your car back in February and did not get it yet. Get some heavy discounts. 4 months for me was long, but I was forgiving with the Japan earthquake and high demand for the car. But, assuming you ordered your car in late February and the order was approved mid-March, you should have your car by now. Your dealer has a way to track the car. Call in and ask...that way there is no way to skirt around the problem. Heck, talk to the sales manager! Keep us updated.
Old 08-21-16, 04:53 AM
jwrichter
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Curryolla
The fact that you are communicating with a Internet Sales Manager is a little different to me. From my experience communicating with the Internet sales people...I have always been connected with the other sales staff at their dealership. That said, every dealership works differently.

When I asked my sales consultant about the financing offer in July, I asked, and I quote, "Can you confirm the the 0.9% financing and $500 cash back incentive as shown on lexus.com (http://www.lexus.com/models/RX/offers)." I did not ask anything else. Therefore, their answer should be either a yes or a no. In my case, my sales consultant said yes, but we need to run a credit approval to see if you qualify. No other questions asked. I also knew the car was getting here in August, so I locked in the offer.

Just be direct and firm. If you have multiple questions, I recommend separate paragraphs, bullet points, and if it gets really bad, separate e-mails with one question each...

You should have no problem getting the 0.9% Financing and $500 Cash Incentive (depending on your credit score). In fact, I think it should still be available after September 6th.

Also, I'd raise some hell if you really did order your car back in February and did not get it yet. Get some heavy discounts. 4 months for me was long, but I was forgiving with the Japan earthquake and high demand for the car. But, assuming you ordered your car in late February and the order was approved mid-March, you should have your car by now. Your dealer has a way to track the car. Call in and ask...that way there is no way to skirt around the problem. Heck, talk to the sales manager! Keep us updated.

That $500 is for the 2016 model.
Old 04-19-17, 06:13 AM
trcr1@gran
Driver School Candidate

Default Ordering process

We can't seem to find the exact RX my wife wants. These questions are for those that have ordered a new RX. I have previously ordered new Fords and it was a very easy process. Is it even possible to order a RX 350? Does it depend on the dealer as to how easy it is? If you do order, is there a process to track your order? How long does it take to get your car? We are talking about a car most likely built in Canada. Thanks for any answers we can get.
Old 04-19-17, 08:15 AM
aznkorboi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 117 Likes on 90 Posts

It's easy. Keep looking through the topics like brand new owners and see what model you want exactly. Go to the lexus build website and build your car. There may be a few options you cannot build online. For instance back when I built mine, I could not add a pano roof on an F sport but you indeed can.

Go to a dealer and tell them you want to custom order a car. You tell them what you want, verify to make sure they actually did everything correctly, and wait a few months and there it comes. Brand new just for you.