RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

DIY details and part number for O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2 for 2010 RX350

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-19, 01:50 PM
Enz
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default DIY details and part number for O2 Bank 1 Sensor 2 for 2010 RX350

So the DIY https://www.clublexus.com/how-tos/a/...-sensor-366256 shows the approximate location of the sensor which looks like can be accessed from the passenger side since my exhaust pipe runs under the pass. side. However it does not go into detail on how to get to the sensor connector. Is it inside the car or underneath? If the sensor plug/socket is inside do I have to take the passenger (assuming it on the passenger side, is it?) seat off, console, trim, carpet? Which what, help! Please see my post https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...n-control.html why I want to get to the terminals first to check for voltages/signals/corrosion (I think there’s 12v, 0.3V, ground, and I forgot what’s on the 4th wire, can anyone confirm what I need to check for here) before replacing the O2 sensor because it could be an electrical or other issue aside from or instead of the O2 sensor because of all the other codes I’m getting.

Oh yeah what's the denso part number for this?

thanks!

Old 07-26-19, 05:17 PM
Clutchless

Received 1,103 Likes on 941 Posts

If you do not know or could not figure out that 02 sensors are located outside of the vehicle then you have no business trying to replace them yourself. Codes are not the ultimate decider of what needs to be replaced or repaired. Further diagnostics may be needed to determine exactly what is wrong. It may be time for a professional mechanic.
Good luck.
Old 07-26-19, 05:48 PM
Enz
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Clutchless
If you do not know or could not figure out that 02 sensors are located outside of the vehicle then you have no business trying to replace them yourself. Codes are not the ultimate decider of what needs to be replaced or repaired. Further diagnostics may be needed to determine exactly what is wrong. It may be time for a professional mechanic.
Good luck.
I've been working on my cars for over 25 years so I take offense on what you just said. But I figure you really don't know the answer so you choose to be negative with your answer. FYI the car has been under warranty and it's the first time I have to work on it. I have not even purchased or downloaded a service Manu for it. If you actually wanted to help and checked out the other thread that I just posted then you'd realize that I actually did some troubleshooting work last night but I had to work today so I figured I'd try to get as much information as I could before I work on the car this weekend. Next time if you don't have anything helpful or constructive to say, keep it to yourself. Your attitude doesn't belong in these forums. FYI Ive replaced the O2 sensor on my other cars Inc a rx300 so this is not above my skill level. I've also done more complicated jobs.
Old 07-26-19, 05:50 PM
Enz
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by Clutchless
Good luck.
Oh BTW understand the question before you answer so your answer doesn't sound absurd. I know where the o2 sensor is, I was asking whether the connection is inside or outside the vehicle