RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

I hate Sirius and how they control my radio in lexus 350rx. How do I get control back

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-18, 05:50 AM
roadbike56
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Sirius XM's business model included denying cancellations. Check out the internet, it's well documented. I was a victim of their tactics. I would strongly recommend that you do not give them your credit card information no matter what they threaten or deny. If you're only dealing with cash (check) then they can't just continue to charge your card. The service itself is pretty nice, but having gone through their questionable tactics I'm reluctant to get back with them despite the low priced offers they make.
Old 10-01-18, 07:35 AM
RickC5
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Angry

Originally Posted by roadbike56
Sirius XM's business model included denying cancellations. Check out the internet, it's well documented. I was a victim of their tactics. I would strongly recommend that you do not give them your credit card information no matter what they threaten or deny. If you're only dealing with cash (check) then they can't just continue to charge your card. The service itself is pretty nice, but having gone through their questionable tactics I'm reluctant to get back with them despite the low priced offers they make.
Totally agree with roadbike56: NEVER give SiriusXM your credit card number. That's a virtual guarantee that you WILL get screwed. Insist on only a paper invoice, and keep very accurate records. I was overcharged multiple times until I figured out what was happening and how to stop it. BTW- we both enjoy SiriusXM and that's all we listen to when travelling. They're just difficult to deal with.
Old 10-01-18, 07:45 AM
daffydd
Driver

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by roadbike56
I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience with SiriusXM. My experience has been different. I've been a customer for 15 years, beginning with XM in 2003. They have had my credit-card number all of those years. I had two occasions to cancel service on cars that I gave away and did not immediately replace. A quick phone call is all that was required. In another instance I had a portable XM radio stolen from a car. They cancelled immediately. After my first activation they have waived all activation and transfer fees. Maybe I'm just lucky?
Old 10-01-18, 08:20 AM
daffydd
Driver

Originally Posted by RickC5
Totally agree with roadbike56: NEVER give SiriusXM your credit card number. That's a virtual guarantee that you WILL get screwed. Insist on only a paper invoice, and keep very accurate records. I was overcharged multiple times until I figured out what was happening and how to stop it. BTW- we both enjoy SiriusXM and that's all we listen to when travelling. They're just difficult to deal with.
You are projecting your experience on the entire human population. If you say you have had problems, I believe you. But, as I noted, SiriusXM has had a credit card number for me for 15 years and I have had no problems.

"Don’t be trapped by dogma - which is living with the results of other people’s thinking." —Steve Jobs, Stanford U. Commencement Speech, 2005
Old 10-02-18, 04:50 AM
RickC5
Lead Lap

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

daffydd, Yep. You're just lucky. For your sake, I hope SiriusXM doesn't realize their mistake.
Old 10-02-18, 08:28 AM
daffydd
Driver

Smile Eyes open

Originally Posted by RickC5
daffydd, Yep. You're just lucky. For your sake, I hope SiriusXM doesn't realize their mistake.
Thanks for the warning. I'll try to keep my eyes open. And maybe I'll buy a lottery ticket, too. :-)
Old 11-14-18, 06:58 PM
SICKOFSIRI
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down

Originally Posted by kolokmee
First of all, this is the 4RX forum (2016 and newer). Second of all, Sirius/XM satellite radio is just one of the Audio Modes on your car stereo. If your subscription expires, there's nothing stopping you from just listening to FM (and HD-FM, which imho, sounds way better than Sirius/XM) and AM radios. You can also stream audio from your phone via Bluetooth if you really want to - you can then use Spotify or whatever other streaming service you desire.

I personally don't use Sirius/XM much since the sound quality is deplorable compared to the other methods. Even when your subscription expires, Sirius/XM usually gives a free "trial" period every once in a while

And no, Toyota does not own Sirius/XM. It's a different company that provides satellite radio service for all cars and radio devices.
Hi , Let me begin with my apologies to you who appears so OFFENDED.
#1.. SO sorry that this is a 2016 or newer forum only... but to respond to this snarky response,
I will again respond, that my criticism about Sirius is that
#2: NO you can NOT listen to YOUR OWN radio because Sirius interferes with just that. Perhaps your 2016 auto has a mechanism to block the miserable tampering affects that push we mere 2014s out of of our desired stations to listen to their annoying ads or to change our stations &
#3.yes I am quite aware that I can use our phone to stream but I am also aware that we paid TOP DOLLAR EVEN in the mere 2014 YEARS Thanks anyways for your oh so helpful comment. BEST!