RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Navigation Option

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-14, 10:53 AM
carlrazor5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cflutist
Well I told the salesguy that my phone works just fine thank you, but discovered that all four RX450 hybrids on the lot had the Nav package (along with a whole bunch of other stuff). We use the backup system everytime we take the car out of the garage and have tried the NAV only twice, first when the salesguy drove the car home with me while hubby drove his truck, and second, after I downloaded a bunch of eDestinations (and folders) that I had setup on the MyLexus site.
Using a phone while driving is a bit dangerous, at least for me. No offense. Navigation system helps while driving and lets you know well in time just before any turn needs to be taken. I agree that backup system is helpful but some people are you know expert in driving and doesn't seek help of backup camera. This might be the case with sbkim.
I think he wants to confirm whether it is available or not. I got this navigation system for about $450 without the backup system from tadibrothers.com. They had only two such cameras which are available without the backup camera. So, I think the answer is that it is possible. But from lexus it is not.

Last edited by carlrazor5; 02-12-14 at 10:59 AM.
Old 02-12-14, 12:11 PM
cflutist
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carlrazor5
Using a phone while driving is a bit dangerous, at least for me. No offense. Navigation system helps while driving and lets you know well in time just before any turn needs to be taken. I agree that backup system is helpful but some people are you know expert in driving and doesn't seek help of backup camera. This might be the case with sbkim.
I think he wants to confirm whether it is available or not. I got this navigation system for about $450 without the backup system from tadibrothers.com. They had only two such cameras which are available without the backup camera. So, I think the answer is that it is possible. But from lexus it is not.
I am using the phone while my husband drives. I am the one using the NAV system while hubby drives (I want him to concentrate on driving). When I drive, I don't even listen to music so that I can concentrate on driving. And no, I am not an expert driver which is why I have only taken this vehicle out twice on a Sunday morning since we bought it.

Last edited by cflutist; 02-12-14 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-13-14, 04:35 AM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by vlad_a
Why in the world would you buy a 90s tech at 90s price? I tried very hard to get my RX without the Navigation. Unfortunately, that was not easily possible.
, pure profit for the manufacturer !
Old 02-13-14, 10:08 AM
carlrazor5
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cflutist
I am using the phone while my husband drives. I am the one using the NAV system while hubby drives (I want him to concentrate on driving). When I drive, I don't even listen to music so that I can concentrate on driving. And no, I am not an expert driver which is why I have only taken this vehicle out twice on a Sunday morning since we bought it.
Oh! then it's fine. Sorry I thought it was you that was using while driving. Because that is a complete no no. This sounds perfectly fine that your hubby rides the car.
Old 02-13-14, 12:38 PM
cflutist
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by carlrazor5
Oh! then it's fine. Sorry I thought it was you that was using while driving. Because that is a complete no no. This sounds perfectly fine that your hubby rides the car.
True, it is illegal to use a cell phone (talk or text) while driving in CA. Hand's free devices are ok though.