RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Iphone- Blutooth controls?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-10, 01:16 PM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BCRCornet
My car is a Canadian-built one. The VIN starts with a "2".
Follow the instructions above on post #17. This will help you determine the USB firmware version. If yours is 3357, as I suspect it should be, then you should be able to plug in any iPod or iPhone and navigate through the menus on the car's display just as you would on your player. On the other hand, if your firmware is 3350, then you will have problems with your iPod's functionality. You should then alert your dealer, and demand your car be upgraded to the 3357 version. I suspect something is in the works, so you might not obtain satisfaction until a solution is made available. However, it is imperative that you put pressure on your dealer, as the more complaints Lexus receives, the sooner they will address this annoying and unnecessary discrepancy.

Good Luck!
Old 09-11-10, 03:03 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

To anyone with version 3350, call corporate Lexus at 1-800-255-3987 option 3.

Inquire about iPod USB scrolling. Ask if they would please call your service manager at your dealership about the issue. You may need to remind your SM or service advisor after that to routinely check on availability of a fix.

I agree with Johnny. A fix maybe in the works. More folks calling corporate may speed it up. It may also be more than a firmware/software fix and requiring a hardware fix, which may take more time to make it available at dealerships.

(Please note if you own a Lexus other than an RX, the leading number will be different. The first 3 of 3350 refers to the RX model. The 350 is the nav firmware version.)
Old 09-11-10, 03:07 PM
DunWkg
Racer

To get this thread back on topic of bluetooth...

Has anyone noticed a difference in their iPhone and their car using version 4.1 of the iPhone operating system?

My wife and I traded cars for the week and I haven't played with it yet.
Old 09-11-10, 11:27 PM
krypttic
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DunWkg
To get this thread back on topic of bluetooth...

Has anyone noticed a difference in their iPhone and their car using version 4.1 of the iPhone operating system?

My wife and I traded cars for the week and I haven't played with it yet.
Yes. Did you read my posts a few back?

Also, it seems to pair much quicker and more reliably.
Old 09-12-10, 10:38 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Originally Posted by krypttic
Yes. Did you read my posts a few back?

Also, it seems to pair much quicker and more reliably.

Doh!! I did see your post.

Yes Bluetooth does seem to connect faster, however I do think USB is a tad different. Normally you wouldn't do this, but previously you could connect with Bluetooth and then switch to USB on the same iPhone. If you then switched back to Bluetooth, you would need to click the "connect" button in the Bluetooth menu of the car. Now if you go USB to Bluetooth it connects without your intervention. Also if you now go back to USB there is no audio although the minutes and seconds of the track are counting. Weird, but you would rarely if ever switch back and forth.
Old 09-18-10, 06:12 PM
DKRX
Driver School Candidate

Any news on the USB scrolling issue? Very annoying problem.
Old 09-19-10, 06:12 PM
DunWkg
Racer

Originally Posted by DKRX
Any news on the USB scrolling issue? Very annoying problem.
Nothing yet, but when we hear or have something we'll start a new thread with the title similar to "iPod Scrolling - hallelujah it's fixed".

Give corporate Lexus a call, if you haven't already. Maybe you'll be the one giving us the good news!
Old 09-19-10, 07:56 PM
DKRX
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DunWkg
Nothing yet, but when we hear or have something we'll start a new thread with the title similar to "iPod Scrolling - hallelujah it's fixed".

Give corporate Lexus a call, if you haven't already. Maybe you'll be the one giving us the good news!

Already have. They told me they'd get back to me in a 2 days. That was a week ago. I also have an appointment set up at my dealer for this issue and the scratchy playback issue on Tuesday. The tech I spoke with seemed like he would do a good job getting it fixed.
Old 09-25-10, 08:36 AM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default Firmware Version

Originally Posted by Johnny
Follow the instructions above on post #17. This will help you determine the USB firmware version. If yours is 3357, as I suspect it should be, then you should be able to plug in any iPod or iPhone and navigate through the menus on the car's display just as you would on your player. On the other hand, if your firmware is 3350, then you will have problems with your iPod's functionality. You should then alert your dealer, and demand your car be upgraded to the 3357 version...
My firmware is version 3350, according to the instructions in post #17.

Hopefully, someone in this forum will let us know when an update to 3357 (or higher) is available through [Canadian] Lexus dealers.
Old 09-26-10, 05:30 PM
Jeme
Driver School Candidate

I just checked mine and it is version 3350 - bummer.
Old 09-27-10, 10:21 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Originally Posted by Jeme
I just checked mine and it is version 3350 - bummer.
My suggestion would be to discuss this with your service advisor/manager to make them aware of your concerns and don't hesitate to call corporate Lexus customer service.

Hopefully this will get the ball rolling for getting you and the rest of us the update.

Enjoy your car.
Old 10-07-10, 07:33 AM
smarino
Driver School Candidate

Anyone got this working with Blackberry Torch....I have 2010 model and this BB cant event do the Audio registration for Bluetooth...For those of you got audi owrking with BB WHICH MODEL???
Old 10-07-10, 10:19 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Tell us how you set up your BT pairing to begin with, and the results you were getting.
Old 01-11-11, 01:09 PM
SCWells72
Lead Lap

I took my wife's RX350 in for its 10K mile servicing today and asked about this. The service guy seemed evasive at first but once I provided details on both the problem navigating iPod/iPhone information and the fact that evidently a newer firmware does in fact resolve it (citing specific firmware versions, of course), he said they'd look into it. To their credit, they updated the firmware for me and the problem seems completely resolved. Thanks to all here for the help! I'm sure my wife will be thrilled!
Old 01-12-11, 08:29 AM
clankli
Driver School Candidate

I have a 2010 RX350 with navigation and am considering an iphone through Verizon. Will it connect to the car via the bluetooth, and allow calls to be made like other model phones?

Quick Reply: Iphone- Blutooth controls?