RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Iphone- Blutooth controls?

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-10, 05:02 AM
klopez3709
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for posting the "secret menu". I checked my nav version, and it is indeed 3357. My RX350 build was 6/2010.

I haven't tried the USB method with my IPod yet since I had such a hard time trying to connect it. I have been using the Aux method for the IPod. I had read about folks having a hard time with their menus, playlists, etc so I didn't pursue getting the USB in.

Thanks to the helpful advice for checking the nav version, I think I will attempt the USB method again since I believe it will work for me. Fingers crossed. Now if only I can get to the outlets easily.
Old 09-02-10, 06:53 AM
DunWkg
Racer

Received 27 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by klopez3709
Thank you for posting the "secret menu". I checked my nav version, and it is indeed 3357. My RX350 build was 6/2010.

I haven't tried the USB method with my IPod yet since I had such a hard time trying to connect it. I have been using the Aux method for the IPod. I had read about folks having a hard time with their menus, playlists, etc so I didn't pursue getting the USB in.

Thanks to the helpful advice for checking the nav version, I think I will attempt the USB method again since I believe it will work for me. Fingers crossed. Now if only I can get to the outlets easily.

In my dealer's show lot, the cars with the 357 version also included a USB and a 12 volt extension cables that were plugged in in the deep console and up to the armrest. These cables were not in my 350 version. The cables make hook-up easier. Although I bet Radio Shack has them.
Old 09-02-10, 08:12 AM
klopez3709
Rookie

Thanks for your reply - I don't think I have those plugs - kinda afraid to get too deep into that console, but I'll check it out somehow anyway.

This forum is wonderful!
Old 09-02-10, 08:30 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

I'll have to check what nav version I have over the weekend. Maybe the iPod issue can be resolved once and for all.

Regarding the extensions, I had posted TSB information on them back in July:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...n-console.html

The dealer hasn't contacted me yet to say they're in but one of the parts guys saw them so he knows they exist. To me it's not a priority so I'll wait until my next service appointment later this year. The USB cord from Apple has been working fine.
Old 09-02-10, 03:27 PM
klopez3709
Rookie

Default Thank you!!!

I finally connected the USB (and the console did have the extensions!). It is awesome. I can't wait to drive to work tomorrow and have my tunes, books and podcasts available on screen. It's made my decision not to renew the sat. radio come true.

I cannot tell you how invaluable this forum has been for a newbie like me. I've been reading all the posts from the last year (on September 2009 now), and learning so much. The pointers, and even the complaints help greatly.

It was especially helpful to have the pictures and instructions to go to the menu to find out my nav. version.

Thank you to the forum members for your tips and pointers.

Old 09-03-10, 01:00 PM
SCWells72
Lead Lap

Wait, let me see if I understand this. I should be able to take our 2010 RX350 w/navigation into the local dealer along with this TSB and get the iPhone integration issues resolved? Please tell me that's the case because my wife (the RX is hers) feels that the iPhone integration is pretty worthless in its current state.
Old 09-04-10, 01:14 AM
krypttic
Pole Position

The TSB is just for a 12V extension cord. No iPhone integration issues will be fixed by this.

????
Old 09-05-10, 01:22 PM
SCWells72
Lead Lap

Just re-read the thread and now I think I get it...so the difference seems to be in the version of the nav firmware. With 350 the scrolling issue exists and with 357 it's fixed. Is that correct? I'd misread and thought folks were saying there was a TSB to fix the issue, but I see now that the TSB is for something else.

So can I just tell my Lexus service rep about the issues and have them verify that I'm on the "broken" version of the firmware, then try to get them to upgrade the firmware to fix things?
Old 09-05-10, 02:45 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by SCWells72
Just re-read the thread and now I think I get it...so the difference seems to be in the version of the nav firmware. With 350 the scrolling issue exists and with 357 it's fixed. Is that correct? I'd misread and thought folks were saying there was a TSB to fix the issue, but I see now that the TSB is for something else.

So can I just tell my Lexus service rep about the issues and have them verify that I'm on the "broken" version of the firmware, then try to get them to upgrade the firmware to fix things?
That's correct. I'm on very good terms with my dealer and their (h) tech and he showed me on his computer what was available and what wasn't. The 357 version may be what is being installed, but as of the time I was there it was not yet available for them to download.
Old 09-08-10, 04:04 PM
krypttic
Pole Position

Default iOS 4.1 is out and it enables AVRCP

Now you can skip tracks via Bluetooth with your steering wheel controls. Still no artist info on the screen, but this is better than it was yesterday...
Old 09-10-10, 07:02 PM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default iPod Touch via Bluetooth, on a Nav-equipped RX

Originally Posted by krypttic
"iOS 4.1 is out and it enables AVRCP"
Now you can skip tracks via Bluetooth with your steering wheel controls. Still no artist info on the screen, but this is better than it was yesterday...
I confess this message thread has been difficult for me to follow - iPhone vs iPod Touch, Bluetooth vs. USB, nav vs non-nav, etc., and every permutation and combination thereof.

For my situation - Canadian-market RX 350 with nav, build date 2010 April, iPod Touch connected via Bluetooth, iOS 4.1 - all I get is a "play" icon and a "pause" icon on the screen when connected via Bluetooth. No track listing, no artist, no "next track", etc.

I haven't checked the firmware version of my nav system (3350 vs 3357), but I "assume" that my problem is that I have 3350?

I'm confused, and disappointed I can't get this to work.
Old 09-10-10, 07:34 PM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BCRCornet
I confess this message thread has been difficult for me to follow - iPhone vs iPod Touch, Bluetooth vs. USB, nav vs non-nav, etc., and every permutation and combination thereof.

For my situation - Canadian-market RX 350 with nav, build date 2010 April, iPod Touch connected via Bluetooth, iOS 4.1 - all I get is a "play" icon and a "pause" icon on the screen when connected via Bluetooth. No track listing, no artist, no "next track", etc.

I haven't checked the firmware version of my nav system (3350 vs 3357), but I "assume" that my problem is that I have 3350?

That's all you will get when connected through Blue tooth. To see the play list etc on the NAV screen, you will have to plug your ipod cord into the car's USB port. Then you can do two new things, 1, control your music with your mouse, and 2, keep your ipod charged .
Old 09-10-10, 11:50 PM
krypttic
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Cruiter
That's all you will get when connected through Blue tooth. To see the play list etc on the NAV screen, you will have to plug your ipod cord into the car's USB port. Then you can do two new things, 1, control your music with your mouse, and 2, keep your ipod charged .
Upgrading your iPhone or iPod to iOS 4.1 will (finally) give it AVRCP capability. This means you can skip tracks with your steering wheel or dashboard buttons. Only play and pause show on the screen still.
Old 09-11-10, 12:25 AM
Johnny
Pole Position

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by BCRCornet

The major flaw is with the 3350 USB porting. Your car is an April 2010 build, so you probably have the 3357 version. Mine was a Japanese sourced February build, and it is definitely a 3357. Btw, was your car built in Japan?

(Hint: Your serial number would begin with the letter "J".)
Old 09-11-10, 04:53 AM
BCRCornet
Driver

Default RX Build Location

Originally Posted by Johnny
... Your car is an April 2010 build, so you probably have the 3357 version. Mine was a Japanese sourced February build, and it is definitely a 3357. Btw, was your car built in Japan?

(Hint: Your serial number would begin with the letter "J".)
My car is a Canadian-built one. The VIN starts with a "2".

Quick Reply: Iphone- Blutooth controls?