RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

XM Stocks question

Old 11-19-09, 02:41 PM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default XM Stocks question

This is not a car question but pertains to the XM Stocks feature under the NAV. My question is what is the symbol to enter for the Dow Jones Industrial Average? In my computer the Dow ticker symbol is ^DJIA. But the XM Stocks keyboard does not have the character ^? Has anybody figured this yet? In fact there are plenty of stock indexes that begins with that character. For example NASDAQ is ^IXIC.
Old 11-19-09, 03:51 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

wow XM has the worst website ever. I just spend 20 minutes trying to find your answer and I didnt find anything related to stocks on their webpage. Sorry cant help.

Im assuming you have typed in the full name is stocks and though I havent seen the interface on the RX, im guessing it does a search function and finds the closest things do the name?
Old 11-27-09, 07:54 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

on my home unit I use spy for the s&P 500, DIA for dow--these are the etfs. Gives you a good idea of what is happening.

I did not know there was a way to get stock quotes on the Lexus system. Its in he manual somewhere?

Also, yesterday some but not nearly all of the channels stopped being available--when turning the **** the channel skips. Coincidently we are a week past the 3 months--but why only some channels?

Finally ragging on the system--the BMW SIRI system shows all the channels --you can pick 12 favorites per key fob --but at least when in the car you can see all the available channels--is this feature available on the RX of is this also a fubar situation on RX programming (the nav system with integration is somewhat less than intuitive.)
Old 11-28-09, 03:42 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal56
on my home unit I use spy for the s&P 500, DIA for dow--these are the etfs. Gives you a good idea of what is happening.

I did not know there was a way to get stock quotes on the Lexus system. Its in he manual somewhere?

Also, yesterday some but not nearly all of the channels stopped being available--when turning the **** the channel skips. Coincidently we are a week past the 3 months--but why only some channels?

Finally ragging on the system--the BMW SIRI system shows all the channels --you can pick 12 favorites per key fob --but at least when in the car you can see all the available channels--is this feature available on the RX of is this also a fubar situation on RX programming (the nav system with integration is somewhat less than intuitive.)
Hal
Did you also stop receiving your weather and traffic ??? Just curious.

When I payed for the lifetime $399 I got the traffic back but not the weather. Both should be an additional option. I just didn't see that the weather worked that well for additional money.
Old 11-28-09, 06:44 AM
LeoDLion
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hal56
Under Info, XM Stocks, you can add/delete ticker symbols. This is free for the first x months then if you want it you have to pay a fee. I dont know how much but it comes with XM Weather, etc.
Old 11-28-09, 07:24 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

I'll have to go out to the car to check on it--I have had XM since inception on 2 other units--have stock lists on thise--Had a pontiac about 3 years ago with xm but that receiver did not have stock quotes.

So I wil go on line with XM to see if my RX sub is messed up--I get a discount for multiple subs so I have to see how that works out.

But my wife loves the broadway channel so it is a no brainer that we have xm in her car-and xm traffic is also good for her cause see gets lost easily. But I am not sure of the value of the weather. I can usually look outside the window and figure that out even though I am old enuf that I do not buy green bananas.

Overall with the faults of the car the key takeaway for me is my wife loves it and thats priceless.
Old 11-28-09, 09:55 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Originally Posted by LeoDLion
Under Info, XM Stocks, you can add/delete ticker symbols. This is free for the first x months then if you want it you have to pay a fee. I dont know how much but it comes with XM Weather, etc.

I am not getting to the right place for stock quotes--

whats the sequence --do you start at the INFO screen or XM screen and for either on how do you get to Xm keyboard?

are directions somewhere in the manual?