RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Weathertech window deflectors for 2010 RX?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-09, 05:44 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts
Default Weathertech window deflectors for 2010 RX?

Has anyone purchased and installed the Weathertech window deflectors on their 2010 RX? I had them on my 99 and currently on my 04. I see the only color option is light, no dark. I'm curious to see what they look like. Thanks!
Old 11-17-09, 12:25 PM
Tiggerr
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for asking this question. I'm curious as well. I went to my local Lexus dealer looking for an OEM one but they said Lexus only makes it for the IS and suggested weathertech. Pic of sunroof wind deflector would be a bonus.
Old 12-06-09, 12:05 AM
Tiggerr
Driver

Anyone?
Old 12-06-09, 05:40 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Tiggerr, my dealer is looking into the OEM wind deflectors available in Europe. I'll let you know what I find out. Should know this coming week. Nigel has the JDM visors available for $529. I'm curious to see if the OEMs will be cheaper and honestly I like the look better. You might want to check them out on the Lexus UK website.
Old 12-07-09, 02:43 PM
Tiggerr
Driver

Thanks kitlz. I checked with Nigel too a month after I got the car and the cost is way beyond what I would shell out for a visor. I'm also looking into the OEM mudguards which is available in the Canada model. Anyway, keep me posted regarding the OEM Euro deflectors.

Thanks again.
Old 12-07-09, 03:05 PM
Tiggerr
Driver

Lightbulb

You're right it does look way better!!! My guess is the Euro OEM and JDM is one of the same kind. I wonder if cost will differ? Makes me wonder why they don't have this available in the U.S. market.

Here is the JDM one:

If both are in the $500+ range then I will order WeatherTech.

Last edited by Tiggerr; 12-07-09 at 03:09 PM.
Old 12-07-09, 06:00 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Tiggerr, I stopped by my dealer today. Basically they can't be bothered checking into the wind deflectors so I'll do it myself. They told me Lexus doesn't have OE deflectors and what is on the UK website is for illustrative purposes only I also talked to their installer who happened to be there. He mentioned two deflectors I could get, one from Mac Neil (Weathertech) that fits in the channels and the other from Vent Shade which is applied to the outside window frame. The price would be less than $200 but I don't know exactly how much because I was quoted cost with installation.

Now I just have to figure out which dealer to call.
Old 12-07-09, 07:39 PM
Tiggerr
Driver

Aww...too bad.

Between Weathertech and Vent Shade....I choose Weathertech. Looks and quality is way better.

I sent an email to my local Lexus dealer too and have yet to hear from them. I also sent an email to: http://www.l-tunedparts.com/index.php
...and I have yet to hear from them also. You may want to shoot them an email too.
Old 12-07-09, 07:44 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Funny, I already have a few calls out to l-tuned. Gonna call again tomorrow. Geez, nobody wants my business?

I'm passing on the Weathertechs because they only come in light. If they were dark like the ones I have on my current RX, I'd buy them. Oh well.
Old 12-07-09, 08:38 PM
kooser
Rookie

Originally Posted by kitlz
Funny, I already have a few calls out to l-tuned. Gonna call again tomorrow. Geez, nobody wants my business?

I'm passing on the Weathertechs because they only come in light. If they were dark like the ones I have on my current RX, I'd buy them. Oh well.
You don't want to order these as an accessory from a UK dealer? I was pretty set on a few accessories for my Porsche that were EU only and had to call and order them from the parts department from a German dealer...so where there is a will there is a way.

P.S. I'll order a set at the same time
Old 12-08-09, 03:26 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by kooser
You don't want to order these as an accessory from a UK dealer? I was pretty set on a few accessories for my Porsche that were EU only and had to call and order them from the parts department from a German dealer...so where there is a will there is a way.

P.S. I'll order a set at the same time
Kooser, my dealer has a few locations in the UK. I figured I'd ask them to find out about the wind deflectors for me. Guess not. I'll call myself and let you know.
Old 12-09-09, 11:57 AM
kooser
Rookie

Originally Posted by kitlz
Kooser, my dealer has a few locations in the UK. I figured I'd ask them to find out about the wind deflectors for me. Guess not. I'll call myself and let you know.
Thanks, however you order them I will place an order with you (not that they will reduce the shipping fee since you and I live in different cities in the U.S.) because I too think they look kewl and will be practical as well.

Keep us posted
Old 12-09-09, 08:05 PM
Tiggerr
Driver

Post FYI - L-tunedparts.com

This is the response I got back from L-tunedparts aka carsontoyota.com
This is a forwarded message from L-tunedparts.com at my.IS - Lexus IS Forum.

To email L-tunedparts.com, you can use this web form:
http://my.is/forums/sendmessage.php?...r&userid=62833

OR, by standard email:
mailto:lsalazar@carsontoyota.com

This is the message:
----------------------------
Freddie,

I'm sorry, but we can't import parts from the European market. The only parts we import from Europe are those made by TTE. I would only be able to order U.S. and Japanese spec parts for this vehicle.

-Cesar
I sent Cesar a reply requesting for a Jspec quote. I'm 100% sure the EU and the Jspec version are identical. I also want to compare prices with Nigel. Let's await for his response.

Last edited by Tiggerr; 12-09-09 at 08:10 PM.
Old 12-10-09, 03:31 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

OK, I heard back from the UK dealer Here is part of the response:

The price for the deflectors is £373.25 inc VAT. I have also had a quick look at courier charges to USA and best I can find is £155.
The price is for a set of four deflectors and includes fitting kit and all instructions.
The part number we use for these deflectors is 08611-48820, I don't know whether this would be of any help to your local Lexus Centre to see if they can supply for you.

They could not confirm the deflectors would fit the 450h. And they are not returnable so at that price, I'm going to pass.

The JDM visors are looking better and better.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
deflectors-1.pdf (1.52 MB, 267 views)

Last edited by kitlz; 12-10-09 at 03:48 AM.
Old 12-10-09, 05:46 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Hello Everyone,

I just received a pm regarding the EU and JP O.E.M. Lexus Window Visor.

I can only get the Japan O.E.M. Window Visor, because I get my parts from Japan.

From what I read, the EU will not be any cheaper than my price.

In Fact, it is double of what I quoted to Tiggerr.

This visor won't be cheap.

Looking at the 2Gen IS, 3Gen GS, they are $3xx price range.

The LS460 is in $5xx-6xx price range.

They are quality parts and made by Lexus.

let me know anytime if anything.

Thank You

Nigel

Quick Reply: Weathertech window deflectors for 2010 RX?