RX - 3rd Gen (2010-2015) Discussion topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX350 and RX450H models

Weathertech window deflectors for 2010 RX?

Old 12-10-09, 06:01 PM
kooser
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Nigel-JDMParts
Hello Everyone,

I just received a pm regarding the EU and JP O.E.M. Lexus Window Visor.

I can only get the Japan O.E.M. Window Visor, because I get my parts from Japan.

From what I read, the EU will not be any cheaper than my price.

In Fact, it is double of what I quoted to Tiggerr.

This visor won't be cheap.

Looking at the 2Gen IS, 3Gen GS, they are $3xx price range.

The LS460 is in $5xx-6xx price range.

They are quality parts and made by Lexus.

let me know anytime if anything.

Thank You

Nigel
Thank you for joining this thread.
Can you let me/us know if the wind deflectors/visors are actual 2010RX 450h parts and will fit perfectly. Can you also then give a price on these. My dealer should be able/wiling to install prior to us picking the vehicle up upon delivery eh?
Old 12-10-09, 06:45 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kooser
Can you let me/us know if the wind deflectors/visors are actual 2010RX 450h parts and will fit perfectly. Can you also then give a price on these. My dealer should be able/wiling to install prior to us picking the vehicle up upon delivery eh?

Yes, it is made for 2010 RX and will fit perfectly.

Tiggerr post a picture from my visor thread already.

It shows how it will look like on the 2010 RX.

let me know anytime.

Nigel
Old 12-10-09, 07:15 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

My dealer got back to me today after they contacted one of their UK dealers (like I did). Same price and no confirmation it will fit my 450h. Oh well, I tried.

Nigel, I'm assuming the installation instructions I posted will be the same/similar for the JDM visors? And thanks for the info. Will be ordering shortly.
Old 12-11-09, 10:40 PM
Nigel-JDMParts
Lexus Champion

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by kitlz
My dealer got back to me today after they contacted one of their UK dealers (like I did). Same price and no confirmation it will fit my 450h. Oh well, I tried.

Nigel, I'm assuming the installation instructions I posted will be the same/similar for the JDM visors? And thanks for the info. Will be ordering shortly.
Yes sir, the PDF that you posted is the instruction that will come with the visor.
Old 12-12-09, 12:56 PM
Tiggerr
Driver

Originally Posted by kooser
I'm so sure there is no difference in measurements of the windows for the 450h and 350.

Here is a pic of it in a 450h

Old 01-19-10, 12:17 AM
Tiggerr
Driver

Exclamation

Has anyone purchased and installed the Weathertech window deflectors on their 2010 RX? I had them on my 99 and currently on my 04. I see the only color option is light, no dark. I'm curious to see what they look like. Thanks!
Any updates or pics on the JDM visors installed on your RX? I checked Weathertech and a darker tint is available now.

Old 01-19-10, 03:46 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Tiggerr, I got the JDM visors and had them installed by the dealer when I picked up my 450h a little over a week ago. They look nice, like they belong on the car. Only downside is I can't get underneath them to wash the window. They sit flush to the window. Just my luck Weathertech decides to come out with the darker tint But I like the JDMs better. And they're the real deal.
Attached Thumbnails Weathertech window deflectors for 2010 RX?-jdm-visors.jpg   Weathertech window deflectors for 2010 RX?-450h.jpg  
Old 01-19-10, 06:36 PM
oscqc
Rookie

Kitlz:

I do not want to appear stupid, but it looks from the photos that the wind deflectors (or whatever they are called) are attached to the window frames and not the glass. If that is correct, could you not wash the window glass under them simply by lowering the window a few inches? It would be a nuisance, I realize.
Old 01-20-10, 08:53 AM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by oscqc
Kitlz:

I do not want to appear stupid, but it looks from the photos that the wind deflectors (or whatever they are called) are attached to the window frames and not the glass. If that is correct, could you not wash the window glass under them simply by lowering the window a few inches? It would be a nuisance, I realize.
oscqc, the visors are attached to the outside. I mentioned the part about cleaning underneath because I could do this easily on my '04 330 with the Weathertechs. It's an extra step now but certainly not an inconvenience. The 450h I think is easier to clean in general so no complaints here
Old 01-20-10, 12:16 PM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

oscqc, the visors are attached to the outside. I mentioned the part about cleaning underneath because I could do this easily on my '04 330 with the Weathertechs. It's an extra step now but certainly not an inconvenience. The 450h I think is easier to clean in general so no complaints here
Outside stick-on types are what I have been looking for intead of the WeatherTech types that slides inside the track. where can I get it?
Old 01-20-10, 02:40 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by sightdev
Outside stick-on types are what I have been looking for intead of the WeatherTech types that slides inside the track. where can I get it?
Nigel and Carson Toyota sell them for around the same price. I got mine from Carson, part number is 08611-48050. It took exactly four weeks to receive them.
Old 01-22-10, 10:00 AM
sightdev
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Nigel and Carson Toyota sell them for around the same price. I got mine from Carson, part number is 08611-48050. It took exactly four weeks to receive them.
i got a price quote for the same item for $462 from Carson. i guess i will have to wait on it little longer until someone make it for lot less.
Old 01-22-10, 12:04 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by sightdev
i got a price quote for the same item for $462 from Carson. i guess i will have to wait on it little longer until someone make it for lot less.
Yup, they aren't cheap. I priced them for much higher from a UK Lexus dealer ($950!!) which made Carson look like a bargain.
Old 01-24-10, 11:13 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

kitlz, visors looks great!

right now i can't make up my mind if i want the jdm look (what you have) or the weathertech look (visors fit inside window track).
Old 02-05-10, 06:50 PM
jclem
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Stormforge
kitlz, visors looks great!

right now i can't make up my mind if i want the jdm look (what you have) or the weathertech look (visors fit inside window track).
Well, for the price difference of $462 plus installation vs $100., I like the Weathertech better

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Weathertech window deflectors for 2010 RX?