RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

passenger side window - blinking switch light...still.

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-14, 01:10 PM
johncdoyle
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Same problem

mpatton, I have the same problem and have been through roughly the same steps as you. I'm beginning to think the master switch is defective, which I understand is an expensive proposition to replace. I don't think it's a programming issue because you have successfully programmed the other windows and you're doing the same for this one. I have also found used master controls for sale on ebay, which leads me to believe we are not the only people having trouble with this part. Good luck and keep us posted.
Old 05-14-14, 02:53 PM
jakenbake
Lead Lap

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Could be the individual computer for the window then. I had one go out in my old GS. But when that happened, the window would not roll up at all. But that's just a guess. Good luck!
Old 05-14-14, 03:17 PM
mpatton
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, I think it's the switch board in the main switch too. I will try taking it out and hitting it with a soldering iron and if that doesn't fix it, I'll replace it from a junk yard - or just keep reaching over the seat and rolling it down. Maybe I could construct a device out of a branch from a tree (joke).

edit: thanks all
Old 05-14-14, 03:27 PM
johncdoyle
Driver School Candidate

Default Let me know how the tree branch works out

One difference in mine is that the light isn't flashing; the window just can't be controlled from the master switch. It's not like it's such a big hardship, but I just don't like it when everything doesn't work.
Old 01-10-15, 03:01 PM
Smires
Driver School Candidate

Default Solution

So it turns out that I had the same problem (driver side switch would not operate passenger window and passenger side window switch was blinking) after replacing my car battery. I read through this thread (thanks everyone) and here is what worked for me: (1) roll down passenger window with passenger switch, (2) hold the driver side passenger window switch down for 15-20 seconds, (3) roll up passenger window with passenger side switch, (4) pull up the driver side passenger window switch for 15-20 seconds. After which the light on the passenger side window switch stopped blinking and the passenger window can be controlled now from either side.
Old 08-16-16, 08:07 AM
Mangesh
Driver School Candidate

Hi Mike- I saw your note today. same problem with my lexus es 350. I am almost about t give up. Nothing works. What happened to your case finally?

I'm new to the forums and new to Lexus ownership. I have a 2004 rx330 and the passenger side window will not roll down from the main cluster on the driver's side. It will, however, roll down from that door.

I've searched and read the tips on here to reprogram that window, but it doesn't seem to work for me and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.

I'm a pretty mechanically inclined person and have worked on many cars in my 20+ years of screwing around on cars, so I know it's quite possible I'm doing something wrong.

I've rolled the window all the way down from the switch on the passenger side door (the only way it will roll down) and I've held the switch down for 5 seconds, rolled up and held the switch up for 5 seconds.

I've even tired rolling the window halfway down, holding the switch for 5 seconds, then back up and held the switch up for 5 seconds.

Nuthin'

If I try to roll the window down from the main driver's side cluster, the switch green light blinks on the switch on the passenger side.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
mike[/QUOTE]