RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models

New 2007 RX 350 Owner - Quick Question

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-12, 05:44 PM
DriverDad
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New 2007 RX 350 Owner - Quick Question

We just purchases a 2007 RX 350 that is in flawless condition and has all of its service records (all done at the Lexus dealership.) It looks like it really is going to be a great car!

I just had a quick question, when we use the key fob or the button inside the car to open the rear door it beeps SUPER loud like a dump truck backing up. Is this normal? Is there a way I can make it not as loud (or turn off those loud beeps?) I hope so, otherwise it may end up waking up my neighbors.
Old 12-23-12, 05:55 PM
maxwebr
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A quick search of the forum found this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...e-in-half.html
Old 12-23-12, 05:59 PM
DriverDad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by maxwebr
A quick search of the forum found this:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...e-in-half.html
Thanks for sharing this, but according to the manual there is an option to make the volume low (instead of high) without having to dig into the car. This seems sort of like a strange way to do this.

Do you own a 07 RX? If so in the personalization area of the manual it talks about this, but doesn't say how to do it.
Old 12-23-12, 05:59 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DriverDad
We just purchases a 2007 RX 350 that is in flawless condition and has all of its service records (all done at the Lexus dealership.) It looks like it really is going to be a great car!

I just had a quick question, when we use the key fob or the button inside the car to open the rear door it beeps SUPER loud like a dump truck backing up. Is this normal? Is there a way I can make it not as loud (or turn off those loud beeps?) I hope so, otherwise it may end up waking up my neighbors.
Welcome to Club Lexus, DriverDad.

What you are referring to are part of the Lexus Personalized Settings for your RX. These were dealer only adjustable settings, so there is little you can do yourself. Here is some additional information on the topic. Scroll down to find the PDF you can download for the complete list of features and settings:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-settings.html

Did you purchase your RX from a Lexus dealership? If so, talk to your salesperson to see if they could arrange to make all your adjustments for you for free. If you did not purchase from a Lexus dealer you would need to talk to the Service Manager (or Service Writer) to see if they would do this for you as a complementary service as you are a new owner. They may, however, charge you for this service.

Like many questions you might have, this has been answered on several occasions previous. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the search features and capabilities and spend some time looking around the forums here at Club Lexus.

Also, be sure to take a moment to register your vehicle with Lexus at the following, be sure to have your VIN handy:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...on/register.do
Old 12-23-12, 06:04 PM
DriverDad
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RX330inFL
Welcome to Club Lexus, DriverDad.

What you are referring to are part of the Lexus Personalized Settings for your RX. These were dealer only adjustable settings, so there is little you can do yourself. Here is some additional information on the topic. Scroll down to find the PDF you can download for the complete list of features and settings:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...-settings.html

Did you purchase your RX from a Lexus dealership? If so, talk to your salesperson to see if they could arrange to make all your adjustments for you for free. If you did not purchase from a Lexus dealer you would need to talk to the Service Manager (or Service Writer) to see if they would do this for you as a complementary service as you are a new owner. They may, however, charge you for this service.

Like many questions you might have, this has been answered on several occasions previous. Please take some time to familiarize yourself with the search features and capabilities and spend some time looking around the forums here at Club Lexus.

Also, be sure to take a moment to register your vehicle with Lexus at the following, be sure to have your VIN handy:

https://secure.drivers.lexus.com/lex...on/register.do
Oh, thanks so much for this. Is there no way to do any of these things yourself? Does the dealer have to hook your car up to a computer to do them, or is there a way someone knows how to do any of these on their own?

Thanks again.
Old 12-23-12, 06:10 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Oh, thanks so much for this. Is there no way to do any of these things yourself? Does the dealer have to hook your car up to a computer to do them, or is there a way someone knows how to do any of these on their own?

Thanks again.
Sorry, but as I stated these are dealer only adjustments. Yes, they have to hook up their computer to the vehicle to perform the work. There are a few small adjustments one could make themselves, or at least here were for the old CBEST settings, but not LPS.

It is the holiday season. Does not hurt to ask your local Lexus dealership to see how charitable they will be to this situation.
Old 12-23-12, 06:18 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Here is perhaps an easier to understand edition for an RX with NAV. If you do not have the navigation system you can just google to find the appropriate document:

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX_with_nav_LPS.pdf
Old 12-23-12, 06:58 PM
Adamjeeps
Lead Lap

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is perhaps an easier to understand edition for an RX with NAV. If you do not have the navigation system you can just google to find the appropriate document:

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX_with_nav_LPS.pdf
That pdf looks to be for 2013 RX, not applicable to 2007. Still good info though.
Old 12-23-12, 07:40 PM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Adamjeeps
That pdf looks to be for 2013 RX, not applicable to 2007. Still good info though.
Yes, I posted the one available from Lexus. As I mentioned, a Google search should turn up additional information on the topic. One just needs to know to look for LPS.

Was not sure one could change the volume of the beeps, however, I thought there might be a way to turn it off. Either way, all that is what LPS is about and so the best way to understand is to look at the available documentation on what can be changed.
Old 12-23-12, 11:25 PM
DriverDad
Driver School Candidate

Yes, I posted the one available from Lexus. As I mentioned, a Google search should turn up additional information on the topic. One just needs to know to look for LPS.

Was not sure one could change the volume of the beeps, however, I thought there might be a way to turn it off. Either way, all that is what LPS is about and so the best way to understand is to look at the available documentation on what can be changed.
Thanks for this. I actually don't have nav. I tried to find this for my RX but can't seem to. Anyone have it?
Old 12-24-12, 03:55 AM
RX330inFL
Lead Lap

Thanks for this. I actually don't have nav. I tried to find this for my RX but can't seem to. Anyone have it?
No date on this:

http://www.lexus.com/pdf/service/RX350_LPS.pdf

You may have more luck going to the dealership and talking to them for the appropriate list. Can ask about what they might charge at the same time.