Air filter - broken bolts - Page 3 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX330, RX350 and RX400H models
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Air filter - broken bolts

Old 04-11-12, 01:22 PM
mowmow
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Adamjeeps View Post
I would expect some leeway over a $5.00 bolt but I am sorry, what you had happen has nothing to do with a warranty. You had an accident, Lexus was in no way responsible for the a/c part failing. They had no reason to cover your repair and am surprised you got it no charge. Hell I would have been happy with the 20% off.
Lexus is all about customer satisfaction, in my case not even so much of an accident, road hazard probably would describe it better but either way after just owning the RX for a few months and major repair, Lexus was willing to cover the incidental repair 100% and I'm a happy camper
Old 07-13-13, 07:01 PM
maniax
Lexus Test Driver

OP, same thing happened to me. My bolt broke due to rust or overtightened by previous owner on my 07 rx350

How did you fix the problem? Did you happen to find a replacement bolt and metal spacer from lexus?

BTW, the metal spacer comes out fairly easily if you put a screwdriver tip on it and hammer it out..
Old 05-04-14, 10:40 AM
RX330inFL
Lexus Champion

Wow, only $65 for the pair. What a deal, NOT. Seems to me like you are trying to sell something here on Club Lexus. That would be a TOS violation.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Air filter - broken bolts

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: